Applications are invited from unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army in all Arms/Services. Course will commence in Oct 2019 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
|Opening date & time for online registration of application||23 JAN 2019 AT 1200 HRS|
|Last date and time of closing of Registration and submission of application||21 FEB 2019 AT 1200 HRS|
Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. Variation between the nomenclature of Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment / marksheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in cancellation of candidature.
|Engineering Streams (listed in AI)||Equivalent Stream (AICTE appd)||Vacancy|
|Civil||Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering), Structural Engineering||46||04|
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering , Mechanical(Mechatronics) Engineering , Mechanical & Automation Engineering||14||03|
|Electrical/Electrical & Electronics||Electrical Engineering , Electrical Engineering (Electronics & Power), Power System Engineering , Electrical & Electronics Engineering||22||02|
|Aeronautical/ Ballistics/ Avionics||Aeronautical Engineering, Avionics Engineering||12||-|
|Computer Sc & Engg / Computer Technology/ Information Tech/ M. Sc Computer Sc||Computer Engineering , Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering , Computer Science & Engineering , Information Science & Engineering||44||03|
|Electronics & Telecom/Telecommunication /Electronics & Comn/ Satellite Communication||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering , Telecommunication Engineering , Electronics & Communication Engineering , Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering||22||02|
|Electronics /Opto Electronics/Fibre Optics/Micro Electronics & Microwave||Power Electronics & Drives||08||-|
|Production Engineering||Production Engineering, Product Design & Development, Production Engineering & Management||03||-|
|Architecture/Building Construction Technology||Architecture Engineering||03||-|
20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2019 (Candidates born between 02 Oct 92 and 01 Oct 99, both days inclusive).Qualification
Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidates studying in the final year of Engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Oct 2019 and produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
|Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academy i.e. during training period at OTA||Rs 56, 100/- p.m (fixed)|
Selection Procedure(a) Short Listing of Applications
(b) Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
(c) Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure at the SSB. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available on official website of Dte Gen of Rtg www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination of the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
(d) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
(d) Medical Examination A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a Board of Service Medical officers. In addition Women candidates will undergo Medical Examination by a Lady Medical Officer/lady Specialist to rule out gynaecological disorders.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’.
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection - ‘Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission Technical Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary’ of your information wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Then click on ‘Submit Now’ only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in.
- Candidates must click 'Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application.
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO READ THE NOTIFICATION CAREFULLY AND THEN FILL UP ONLINE APPLICATION FORM TO AVOID MISTAKES, AND THEREBY REJECTION OF APPLICATION.