UPSC CAPF Syllabus: UPSC Conduct Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) to uniform nomenclature of seven security forces in India under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs. They are the
Assam Rifles (AR)
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
Border Security Force (BSF)
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
National Security Guard (NSG)
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
UPSC conduct CAPF Exam in Four Phase
(I) Written Test : Paper 1 & Paper 2
|Paper I||Intelligence & General Ability||Objective||125||250||2 Hrs|
|Paper II||General Studies, Essay & Comprehension||Subjective||250||3 Hrs|
Paper I : Intelligence & General Ability
The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
1. General Mental Ability: The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
2. General Science: The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
3. Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
4. Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
5. History of India: The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
6. Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A: Essay questions which are to be answered in the long narrative form either in Hindi or English totalling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B: Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
(ii) Physical Standards/Physically Efficiency Test and Medical Standard Tests:
|Type Of Tests||Males||Females|
|100 Meter||16 Seconds||18 Seconds|
|800 Meter||3 Min 45 Seconds||4 Min 45 Seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters||3 Meters|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||Meters|
(iii) Interview/Personality Test:
The candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by UPSC.
(iv) Final Selection/Merit:
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
Download UPSC CAPF Syllabus