Aditi Mahavidyalaya, has been counted among the best institutions of standard education for women, was established in 1994. Aditi Mahavidyalaya endeavors to bring distinct streams of college education to the students
- It is a constituent of University of Delhi
- It offers graduate courses in Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts Program with a diverse range of subjects
- Total intake capacity is 673 for B. A. courses and 156 for other courses
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya is dedicated to academic brilliance& the ethics of humanism
- The College is equipped with speacious laboratories, high-tech library &wide playgrounds
- Additionally, the college is exclusive in terms of strong student-teacher interactions
The college has in total of 19 departments which are responsible for providing quality education to the students. Some of the noted departments among them are that of:
- Political Science
- The college library has a collection of about 20,000 books
- It also has a collection of 2, 000 reference books
- The library has subscribed to various newspapers, magazines, periodicals and books for general reading
- In reference section encyclopedia, dictionaries, thesauruses are available
- Reading room is also available in the library
College has a multifaceted computer centre for the campus users. The hardware& software is constantly raised to keep up-to-date with latest technology. The computer centre has ‚Äì
- The College has a modern computer center with about 120 computers
- LAN connection and internet facility is available on each terminal
- LaserJet Printer for hard copy of searched material
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
The laboratories of the college are well equipped with all modern scientific apparatus to aid and support the curriculum of various courses. The equipments are enabled for the students to inculcate practical knowledge of the course. The college provides following laboratories
- Biology Lab
- Commerce Lab
- Family and Child welfare Lab
- Nutritional and Health Education Lab
- Psychology Lab
The College encourages its students to take part in extracurricular activities. The various clubs formed by the students and the activities that they take part in as:
- NSS: The National Service Scheme of the college has won incredible praise through devoted communal facility to the underprivileged sectors of the society. They organize various awareness programmes about AIDS, drug abuse etc.
- NCC: NCC organize various camps like Thal Sainik camps; PM's Rally; Trekking and Hiking ; Mountaineering ; Par sailing; Combined Annual Training camps; National Integration camps; and youth exchange programmes held abroad etc.
- Music Club: These club members participate in various competitions. They are involved in tanpura, harmonium, tabla, music system etc.
- Gandhi Study Circle: A forum for discussion, lectures and activities on the life and work of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Debating Society: Debates are organized in Hindi and English at intra and inter-college levels on various thought- provoking issues
- Dramatic Society: Society organizes a one month long workshop in collaboration with National School of Drama for the students who are interested in dramatics and theatre
- Environment Committee: The environment committee of the college is the member of the Eco Club of the Ministry of Environment and Wildlife, Govt. of N.C.T. of Delhi. The committee organizes various activities like discussions, seminars, poster-making, quiz and other competition
Utsav- The college conducts annual festival which is managed by the students themselves. The annual festival ‚ÄòUtsav‚Äô is the most wantedfest of the college. Not only several inter & intra-college competitions are held, but also the live performances of artists are organized. The college festival is a cultural bonanza of the students, for the students and by the students.
Milaap- It is organized by the Department of Elementary Education for professional interaction amongst the alumni.
Vasantotsava- The college welcomes the spring season. Artist Ustaad Ahmad Hussain and Ustaad Mohammad Hussain had given a performance in event.
The scholarships and awards are given to the students by the authorities to recognize their hard work. Some of them are:
- Encouragement prizes for students scoring highest in various courses
- Delhi University gives scholarships to 50 students, an amount of Rs. 250 per month for 3 years, based on the competitive exam conducted by them
- State Government scholarships to SC/ST students
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya Encouragement Prizes: Students who are University Rank Holders
- VC Scholarship: VC Scholarship of 1200 (INR) each is awarded to the students belonging to SC/ST General Categories for fulfilling certain criteria
- Pushpa Bhatnatgar Education Trust Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship
- Dr. V.K.R.V. Rao Endowment Scholarship awarded to the needy and deserving students
- Smt. Laxmi Tiwari Scholarship