The Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD), New Delhi offers Undergraduate Programmes in Design through its academic collaboration with Kingston School of Art, Kingston University, London. IIAD has also introduced three new courses for Undergraduate and Postgraduate aspirants.
The Bachelor‚Äôs Programmes at IIAD range from Communication Design to Interior Architecture & Design and Fashion Design & Management.
The Postgraduate Programmes are offered in Fashion Design and Fashion Business Management
IIAD aims to give its students a thorough grounding in indigenous arts, crafts, traditions and the country‚Äôs rich history in architectural design while also developing in them a knowledge of modern technologies used across the world.
IIAD‚Äôs world class faculty, state of the art infrastructure, on-campus facilities and excellent pedagogy helps groom the next generation of creatives and critical thinkers. We aim to prepare these budding designers and creative professionals for the global design industry.
Read more: IIAD Fees
IIAD Delhi Courses
Candidates must have appeared/passed the CBSE/ISC/IB (or any other equivalent board) 10+2 examination in any discipline. Candidates who have recently appeared for the examination and are awaiting their results may also apply.
The IIAD Entrance Examination is conducted at various Test Centres and comprises the following parts/rounds based on the programme of interest.
For Fashion Design, Communication Design and Interior Architecture & Design Applicants:
- Part A - IIAD Design Aptitude Test (iDAT)
- Part B - Studio Simulation
For Fashion Business Management Applicants:
- Part A - IIAD Management Aptitude Test (iMAT)
- Part B - Personal Interview
Industry Internships are an integral part of the learning process at IIAD and the institute proffers an ardent and enthusiastic internship cell that acts as the connection between the students and industry stalwarts. As a part of the curriculum, the Second and Third Year students of Communication Design, Fashion Design and Interior Architecture & Design at IIAD pursued mandatory internships with prestigious organizations and design studios for a tenure of 3-4 months. The students have worked with over 60 organizations wherein they had the opportunity to explore myriad domains like UX, UI, Web Design, Motion Graphics, Fashion Brands, Advertising, Interior Architecture and Design studios to count a few.
The students worked with renowned brands such as:
- Prasun Mazumdar Design (PMD)
- BIBA Apparels Private Limited
- Studio Fry
- Ultra Confidentiel
- Levi‚Äôs also known as Levi Strauss & Co.
- DRONAH (Development and Research Organisation for Nature, Arts and Heritage)
- 11.11/eleven eleven
- The Banana Design Company
IIAD Rankings and Participations
- Kingston University is ranked a top 10 London university by the Guardian League table
- Design and Craft which includes graphic design and illustration animation, Kingston is ranked 2nd in The Guardian‚Äôs subject league 2019.
- Fashion Design, currently ranked second in the Business of Fashion‚Äôs Global Fashion School Ranking 2016 and second in The Guardian‚Äôs fashion and textiles subject league 2018
- Placed among the top 10 institutions/second place in the United Kingdom for design and crafts (which covers graphic design, illustration and animation, and product and furniture design courses ‚Äì jumping from eighth in the country last year).
- Fashion ‚Äì a regular star in the top 10 national rankings and global league tables -comes in at sixth in its category.
- Times Higher Education ranks Kingston University in top 200 young institutions across the globe
- Second-highest rated young university in the United Kingdom.
- Listed among top 10 Art and Design Universities in UK by QS World University Rankings 2017 and The Complete University Guide Rankings 2018
- Ranked among top 3 Undergraduate Fashion Programmes in UK by Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017.
- Received Guardian 2017 Award for Teaching Excellence
- Awarded Times Higher Education Award 2017 for Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative
IIAD Delhi Scholarships
IIAD offers Financial Aid to meritorious students in the form of Scholarships. Students who have secured a minimum of 70% aggregate in their Class XII Examination are eligible to apply for the Scholarship while submitting their completed Application Form. Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance in the IIAD Entrance Exam comprising of IIAD Design Aptitude Test (iDAT) and Studio Simulation.