MEDICAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT BOARD (MRB),GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU invites applications only through online mode up to 26.02.2019 for Recruitment to the post of Nurses for Sick Newborn Care Unit on Contract and on consolidated pay basis.
|Date of Notification||06.02.2019|
|Last date for submission of Application (only through Online Registration) and online payment||26.02.2019|
|Last date for payment of Fee through Indian Bank (Off line payment method )||28.02.2019|
|Date of Examination||09.06.2019|
|S.No||Name of the Post||Total No. of Vacancies|
|1||Nurses (Sick Newborn Care Unit)||520|
Between 18 - 32 years as on 01.07.2019
- Candidate shall possess the following qualification on or before the date of this notification viz., 06.02.2019.
- In addition, the Candidate should have acquired the Degree or Diploma in Nursing from a Government / Government recognised institution and permanently registered with the Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council on or before the date of this notification viz., 06.02.2019.
- A) Successful training for a period of not less than three years in General Nursing of men and women and for a period of not less than six months in Midwifery training in both cases to be undergone in an institution approved by the State Government under rule 37 of the rules made under sub-section (2) of section 11 of the Madras Nurses and Midwives Act 1926 with qualifications prescribed for registration as Nurse and Maternity Assistant under the said Act (or)
- A foreign training which is considered by the Director of Medical and Rural Health Services to be equivalent or superior to the above training or possession of a basic degree in Nursing from a University or institution recognised by UGC for the purpose of its financial grant.
- B) But for appointment as a Nurse, a person who possesses the above qualifications or only the qualification in general nursing and who has rendered satisfactory military service shall be preferred: Provided that, if a person who has undergone training only in general nursing is not willing to undergo the training in Gynecology and Obstetrics, she shall not be appointed to the service.
- A) (i) A successful training for a period of not less than three years in General Nursing in an institution approved by the State Government and (ii) Successful completion of training in Psychiatry for a period of six months after successful completion of training in General Nursing in the case of candidates admitted for training on or after the 1st January 1952.
- B) Possession of basic degree in Nursing from a University or institution recognised by UGC for the purpose of its financial grant.
Apart from above all the candidates (Women and Men) should have the following additional qualifications:
- A certificate of at least three years experience in Sick Newborn Care Unit with 12 bed strength in the Government Institutions / Hospitals and Private Hospitals of having an in-house Obstetric department with turnover of at least 1000 deliveries per year except hilly areas / hard to reach / sparse facilities area or in the Government Institutions / Hospitals and Private Hospitals with paediatric facility with turnover of at least 500 neonatal admissions per year.
- A certificate mentioned above should be duly attested by concerned Joint Director of Medical and Rural Health Services in the Districts or Head of the Department / Professor of Pediatrics/ Neonatology in the Government Medical Colleges and Hospitals.
- The Sick Newborn Care Unit should have been functional round the clock 24 hours for at least 3 years.
In addition all the candidates should have acquired the Degree or Diploma in Nursing from a Government / Government recognized institution and permanently registered with the Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council on or before the date of this notification viz., 06.02.2019.
Consolidated Pay of Rs.14000/- per month, with annual increment of Rs.500/- [as per G.O.(Ms).No.232, Health and Family Welfare (EAP-II-1) Department, dated 13.06.2018].
On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Engineers in E2 scale - Rs. 50,000/- 3%- 1, 60,000/- (IDA).
Selection will be made based on the marks obtained in the written examination, duly following the rules of reservation and communal rotation of Government of Tamil Nadu.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION (OBJECTIVE TYPE):
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying marks (%)|
|Written examination in Optical Mark Reader (OMR) – sheet; Objective type single paper Exam for Nurses in Sick Newborn Care Unit||2:30 Hours||100||30||35|
- The question will be in the standard of Diploma level in Nursing. The question paper will be set in English only and will contain 200 objective type questions.
- There will be no negative mark for the wrong answer.
- There will be no oral Test (Interview) for the post
|SC/SCA/ST/DAP(PH)||Rs. 350/-||Others||Rs. 700/-|
HOW TO APPLY
a. Interested candidates are first required to log on to the Medical Services Recruitment Board’s website www.mrb.tn.gov.in
b. On the Home Page, click “Online Registration” to open up the On-Line Application Form.
c. Select the name of the post(s)
d. All the required particulars be entered without skipping any field.
e. Mobile number and e-mail ID are mandatory. All communication from MRB will be sent to the registered mobile number by SMS and registered e-mail ID ONLY. No Communication will be sent by Post.
f. Candidates are required to upload their scanned copy of colour photograph and, scanned copy of signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature. An online application is incomplete without the Photograph and Signature upload.
g. At the time of application, candidates need to apply only in online mode. Candidate shall not send copies of certificates / printed application to MRB. In the online application, candidates need to furnish the details such as: Community Certificate number; Issuing Authority; Date of issue, in support of the claims made with regard to Community, Certificate of Experience, Tamil Nadu Nurses Midwives Council / Permanent Registration details etc., failing which the application will not be considered under the respective categories.
h. Candidates need to verify their eligibility for the post before submitting their online application. If a candidate furnishes wrong information, action will be taken by MRB to debar such candidate from the future exams/recruitment, apart from other legal actions.