B.B.M. in Human Resource Management is a 3-year full time undergraduate course, the minimum eligibility for which is the successful completion of the 10+2 level of education completed from a recognized educational Board, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
The program is further sub-divided into 6 semesters, of 6 months each.
Admission to the course is based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level, or in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of Personal Interview.
The course is best suited for those who are interested in seeking a career in the field of Human Resource Management, which is about:
- employees as one of the greatest and most crucial assets for any organization.
- development of employees’ efforts, skill set, and knowledge for the progress of the organization.
- ensure the selection and appointment of employees best suited and most beneficial for the organization.
- appointment and retention of employees who can deliver their best efforts at work.
The program involves components of study such as:
- business and communication skills.
- Marketing skills.
- accounting skills.
- people management.
- people management.
- employee development.
- organizational decision-making.
- identification of qualities best suited and in tandem with the goals of the company.
- development of a strong and confident persona needed for:
- recruiting, training, motivating, employees
- dealing with the administration of the work force.
- handling employees’ union management issues.
- flexibility to work and lead a team.
- strong communication skills.
- patience to deal with new employees.
Such graduates are typically hired in capacities such as:
- Occupational Analyst
- Training Specialist
- Employees’ Welfare Manager
- Labour Relations Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Training Specialist
- Training and Development Manager
- Assistant Professor, etc.
Popular areas of recruitment include:
- Colleges/ universities
- HR Consultancies
- Life Insurance organizations, etc.
The average fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 15,000 to 2.55 lakhs.
The average annual salary offered to such professionals in India ranges between INR 4 and 10 lakhs, increasing with experience and expertise.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Management [BBM] (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business Management [BBM] (Human Resource Management) in Karnataka
- BBA/BBM in Delhi-NCR
- BBA/BBM in Maharashtra
- BBA/BBM in Chennai
- BBA/BBM in Uttar Pradesh
- BBA/BBM in Telangana
B.B.M in Human Resource Management: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course:
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2, preferably with Commerce subjects, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on counselling after qualification of entrance test|
|Course Fee||INR 15,000 to 2.55 lakhs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 4 to 10 lakhs per annum|
|Job Positions||Occupational Analyst, Training Specialist, Employees’ Welfare Manager, Labour Relations Manager, Human Resource Manager, Training Specialist, Training and Development Manager, Assistant Professor, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Colleges/ universities, HR Consultancies, Life Insurance organizations, among others.|
B.B.M in Human Resource Management: What is it About?
The program has been designed to offer to eligible students advanced learning in all aspects of Human Resource Management which is a very vital and indispensable part of any organization, industry, firm, or company.
For every such organization, employees are the biggest assets who render their services for the development of the company and the achievement of its long-term goals.
Such professionals typically:
- judge candidates’ abilities to see if they are best for suited for the organization.
- appoint candidates in suitable positions.
- train candidates according to organizational rules and objectives.
- communicate with the employees as a bride between the company’s employers and employees.
- oversee administration, maintenance, and training of employees.
- oversee salary administration of employees.
Top institutes offering B.B.M. in Human Resource Management
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India which offer the course:
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees in INR|
|Indian Institute of Commerce and Trade||Lucknow||-|
|Xavier University||Puri||2.33 lakhs|
|Flame University||Pune||1.53 lakhs|
|Arihant Group of Institutes||Pune||19,000|
|KIIT School of Management||Bhubaneshwar||2.53 lakhs|
|International Institute of Professional Studies||Indore||54,111|
|Alliance School of Business, Alliance University||Bangalore||2 lakhs|
|Doon Business School||Dehradun||1.53 lakhs|
|Regional Group of Institutions||Gurgaon||65,000|
|ICFAI University||Dehradun||1.58 lakhs|
|Sharda University||Greater Noida||1.62 lakhs|
|CHM Institute of Hotel and Business Management||Ghaziabad||28,000|
|GLA Institute of Business Management||Mathura||59,000|
|Vaishali Institute of Business and Rural Management||Muzaffarpur||62,000|
|Mount Carmel College||Bangalore||44,000|
|Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce||Pune||26,090|
|Noida International University||Gautam Budh Nagar||1.1 lakhs|
|Manipal University||Manipal||1.17 lakhs|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University||Jaipur||77,938|
Eligibility for B.B.M in Human Resource Management
Listed below are the minimum criteria of eligibility that interested candidates need to fulfil in order to apply for the course.
- 10+2 education completed, preferably in the Commerce stream, from a recognized educational Board.
- Preferably, Commerce subject as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
B.B.M. in Human Resource Management: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
Some such universities that conduct entrance tests in the country for admission to the course are:
- Xavier University, Pune
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Pune.
Latest Bachelor of Business Management [BBM] (Human Resource Management) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Dravidian University UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- Noorul Islam University UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- MPKV B.Sc, B.Tech and BBA Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result, Fees
- FLAME University Pune BBA, BA and B.Sc. Admission 2019: Courses, placement, Fees
B.B.M. in Human Resource Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|English Language and Business Communication -I||Managerial Economics|
|Business Mathematics||Business law|
|Principles of Management||Introduction to OB and HRM|
|Computer Application for Business||Business Statistics|
|Financial Accounting - I||Principles of Marketing|
|English Language and Business Communication - II|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|HR Planning||Training and Development|
|Fundamentals of Labour Law||Group Dynamics and Team Building|
|Individuals in Organization||Personality Development|
|Managerial Economics (Macro)||Production and Operations Management|
|CSR and Sustainability||Recruitment and Selection|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Wage and salary Administration||Organizational Theory|
|Performance Management||Industry and Employment Relations|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Soft Skill|
|Cost and Financial Management||Business Ethics and Corporate Governance|
B.B.M. in Human Resource Management: Career Prospects
The course professionally prepares enrolled students in:
- personality development.
- business laws.
- technicalities of human resource management.
- administrative and managerial relevance of human resource.
- smooth functioning of the staff.
- managing employees’ union issues.
- monitoring employee salaries and related issues.
- presentation skills.
- instant decision-making related to performance, compensation, or remuneration.
Upon successful completion of the course, interested graduates of the course may pursue further studies, such as M.B.A. or M.Phil. courses in the subject.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Training Specialist||A Training Specialist’s responsibilities include conducting training workshops for employees of different positions and evaluating their performance. They also teach skills that are relevant in the employee’s job position.||4 lakhs|
|Human Resource Manager||Human Resource Managers are responsible for leading an organization’s HR programs and policies as relevant to recruitment, employee relations, remuneration, benefits, safety, performance, etc.||6.15 lakhs|
|Assistant Professor||Assistant Professors conduct classes, lectures, seminars, for and with the students of an institution.||5.40 lakhs|
|Employees’ Welfare Manager||Employees’ Welfare Manager plan, conduct, direct, and co-ordinate human resource activities of an organization.||4.2 lakhs|