Duration: 4 Years
Course: Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology
Course Type: Graduation
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology is an undergraduate engineering course which elucidates the concept of Cloud Computing and attempts to define the importance of cloud phenomenon and all the visualization technologies associated with the phenomenon.
Cloud Computing is still evolving and the course comprehensively covers the basic technologies involved in it such as Virtualization and the history of the cloud and its roots in Service Oriented Architecture and Utility Computing. Although the course is comparatively new, it has an ample amount of scope to take in the fast-changing models that are the result of cloud computing. Through this program, students benefit from the several practical credits that provide hands-on capabilities on the various aspects of cloud.
The minimum eligibility for this 4-year long course is the successful completion of Class XII/Higher Secondary Examination with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry securing 50% marks or above.
Selection in engineering colleges for this field is done either through JEE Main All India rank or State or university level entrance examinations such as UPESEAT by UPES University, Dehradun. The last step of the admission process involves counselling considering the marks obtained in the entrance examinations.
The average tuition fee for this course ranges between INR 2 Lacs to INR 12 Lacs. A fresh graduate of Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology can earn an annual salary of INR 1.5 Lacs to INR 4.5 Lacs, which increases gradually with experience and skillset.
Cloud computing is one of the fastest growing technologies that are essential for facilitating information technology industry needs for the future. Virtualization is the core technology based on which the cloud-computing paradigm works. Hence, the combination has a wide scope in the employment sector with IT companies. UPES Dehradun and UTM Shillong provide this course in collaboration with IBM, thereby making it more industry- oriented.
- To introduce cloud computing, its techniques, issues, and its services that will lead to design and development of a simple cloud service.
- To analyze the components of cloud computing and its business perspective.
- To evaluate the various cloud development tools.
- To collaborate with real time cloud services.
- To analyze case studies to derive the best practice model to apply when developing and deploying cloud- based applications.
- To know the importance of virtualization technology in support of cloud computing.
- To gain exposure to new-age concepts of cloud computing, visualization technology, information security, and web technology.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Cloud Computing and Virtualisation Technology)
- BE/B.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- BE/B.Tech in Maharashtra
- BE/B.Tech in Chennai
- BE/B.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- BE/B.Tech in Telangana
B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology Highlights Table
|Name of the course||B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology|
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Duration||4 years, full time|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry as compulsory subjects securing at least 50% marks|
|Admission Process||Based on Entrance Tests results (JEE Main, UPESEAT) or direct admission in some cases|
|Average Course Fee||INR 2 Lakh to 12 Lakh|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 Lakh to 15 Lakh|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Microsoft, Infosys, Ernst & Young, TCS, SAP, Wipro, Hewlett-Packard, HCL, Accenture, Microsoft, Google, Genpact, Tech Mahindra, NTT Data, Cognizant, Mphasis, IBM, MetaDesign, Unisys, Amazon, Oracle, Yahoo, Capgemini, L&T Infotech, Siemens|
Top Institutes Offering B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology
|SR.NO.||COLLEGE/INSTITUTE||STATE||TUITION FEES (PER YEAR)||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||ADMISSION PROCEDURE|
|1||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES)||Dehradun, Uttarakhand||299,750 INR||Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level with minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level. For non-examination pathways (Board merit), students must have a score of at least 80% in aggregate at the Higher & Senior Secondary levels||Admission criteria:
- UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) conducted by the university in the month of May followed by centralized counseling
- JEE Main merit examination
- Or through Board merit with minimum 80% marks in class X and XII
|2||Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS)||Tamil Nadu||156,625 INR||Passed in 10+2 examination with a minimum of 60% marks with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects from any recognized Board or Council||Admission is based on the marks obtained in the university entrance exam (HITSEEE) – a national level online examination conducted in the month of April|
|3||University of Technology and Management (UTM)||Shillong, Meghalaya||210,000 INR||Candidates should have qualified the 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level from a recognized Board with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as mandatory subjects||Admission is either based on the JEE Mains ranking or UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) followed by centralized counseling. Board Merit is also considered for admission.|
|4||Galgotias University||Noida, Uttar Pradesh||1,70,000 INR||Candidates need to pass the Higher Secondary examination with 70% or above marks in PCM at the XII level||Admission is based on the AIR in JEE Mains or merit in the qualifying exam or UPSEE result.|
|5||Vel Tech High Tech Dr.Rangarajan Dr.Sakunthala Engineering College||Chennai, Tamil Nadu||1,35,000 INR||Candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent with minimum 50% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry put together. 45% in case of reserved category.||Admission is based on JEE Mains or clearing the minimum cut-off in TNEA exam. The university also conducts its own entrance test – Veltech Technical University Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE).|
|6||Sharda University||Noida, Uttar Pradesh||1,75000 INR||Matriculation with at least 60% marks. Senior Secondary (10+2) with at least 60% marks (Aggregate & PCM; any three of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science, and done without a gap.||Selection is based on CUSAT (Online Test), followed by personal interview or JEE Main All India Rank less than 3,00,000 or UPSEE Rank less than 50,000|
|7||Poornima University||Jaipur, Rajasthan||1,40,000 INR||Passed in 10+2 with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC/SBC) marks in aggregate from CBSE/equivalent board along with 45% (40% for ST/SC/OBC/SBC) marks in Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and any one of Chemistry/Computer Science/IP/Biology/Bio-technology.||Admissions to B. Tech is done through JEE (MAIN) scores. Admissions is also based on REAP/State admission process but selection is based on the JEE score or Class XII marks.|
|8||Jain University||Bangalore, Karnataka||169,375 INR||Passed in 10+2 examination with subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry with at least 50% marks from any recognized Board or council.||Selection is based on performance in either COMEDK-UGET or KCET entrance examinations. Admission is also based on the performance in Class XII.|
|9||People’s University||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh||66,150 INR||Candidate should have cleared 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science /Electronics with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.||The admission is based on merit in the entrance test conducted by any designated agency at National (JEE)/State level or People’s University.|
|10||DIT University||Dehradun, Uttarakhand||226,200 INR||Minimum aggregate 60% marks in X & minimum aggregate 65% marks in XII Standard and minimum aggregate 60% in PCME/PMBE/PME Computer.||Admission is made on the basis of merit in JEE. Direct admission for XII Standard Board toppers|
Like any other B.Tech course, the duration of Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology is 4 years spilt into 8 semesters with 2 semesters in each year.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology
For B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology, aspirants need to have qualified the Higher Secondary level examination (10+2) with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one out of Chemistry /Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer or any other technical subject, with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from any recognized Board or Council. A relaxation of 5% marks is given for reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) candidates.
Admission Process for B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology
Admission to B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualisation Technology is done strictly through entrance examinations (national/State level/university level). A few engineering institutes provide direct admission to eligible candidates on the basis of their performance in the Class XII examination. Shortlisted students have to go through the counselling once they successfully clear the entrance examination or meet the eligibility criteria.
Listed below are some of the entrance examinations conducted for B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology:
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main – JEE is a two-tier examination- Main & Advanced. Students can get admission into most of the engineering institutes through the JEE Main exam while IITs only consider the ranking based on the JEE Advanced exam. The online application process begins around December first week and the last date of online submission of applications is usually in January- second or third week.
- UPESEAT Entrance Exam – University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun, conducts its own aptitude- based entrance examination for admission to B.Tech programs. The last date for the submission of online applications is in the first week of May and the exam is also conducted in May. For Board’s merit- based selection, a minimum of 80% marks is compulsory at the Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and a minimum of 80% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th class).
- Hindustan University Entrance Examinations (HITSEEE) – HITSEEE stands for Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Entrance Examination, which is conducted in the month of April for providing admissions to engineering and architecture courses. Application forms are available from January onwards and the last date for submitting the filled- in application forms is in the second week of April. Candidates can choose to fill the application form in any one of offline and online mode. The online entrance examination is an objective- type multiple choice test. Selection of candidates is based on merit attained in the HITSEEE test.
- UPTU 2019 (AKTU or UPSEE) – UP State Entrance Examination (UPTU), also referred to as UPSEE or AKTU, is a State level entrance examination conducted by the Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), formerly known as the Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). The exam is conducted in the month of April for admissions to undergraduate technical courses such as B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm, MBA, MCA, to name a few. Students can get admissions in all the technical institutions affiliated to AKTU, UP. Application forms are available in January and the last date to submit the online forms including the payment is in March.
- Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) – Conducted by Anna University for admissions into the engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. Application forms are available in the month of May every year and counselling begins in the first week of July. Forms are available online on the official website of Anna University. The TNEA selection process differs for candidates belonging to reserved categories, therefore, aspirants should check the admission/selection process and eligibility criteria carefully before filling out the application forms.
- Veltech Technical University Engineering Entrance Exam (VTUEEE) – VTUEEE is an All India Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by Veltech Dr. RR and Dr. SR Technical University (VTU) for admissions to B.Tech degree programs. The test is held in two phases – Phase I and Phase II. The Phase I of VTUEEE 2019 is held offline (Paper and Pen Test) in January, and the Phase II of VTUEEE is conducted in two parts- offline (Paper and Pen Test) and online (Computer Based Test) in April. Application forms are available both offline and online from October and the last date to receive filled- in application forms is in January for Phase I and in April for Phase II. VTUEEE Application Form is also available on Google Playstore.
- Sharda University Admission Test (SUAT) – SUAT is conducted by the Sharda University for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate programs in the field of engineering, management and law. Candidates having valid scores from any national/State level entrance test (JEE or UPSEE) are exempted from appearing in the test. The application form is available on the university’s official website from March onwards, and the last date for the submission is in May. The exam is held in the month of May/June. The test is objective- type and assesses problem solving skills, analytical skills and language proficiency of the candidates.
- Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP) – REAP is a common admission process for undergraduate engineering courses, and is conducted by the Board of Technical Education Rajasthan. The admission procedure is conducted on behalf of Govt. aided and private unaided technical institutes of Rajasthan. REAP application form is available in the first week of August. It is applicable only for Indian nationals having a Domicile of Origin certificate of Rajasthan. Admission is strictly done on the basis of the candidate’s merit (either in JEE Main or class 12th performance- basis).
- COMEDK UGET - COMEDK UGET is a State level entrance exam conducted by universities in Karnataka and managed by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental institutes of Karnataka (COMEDK). COMEDK is for getting admission to UG courses in the field of medicine, dental sciences and engineering. Application forms are available in February and the last date to apply is in April. Generally, COMEDK UGET 2019 Engineering Exam is conducted in the month of May.
- Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) – Also known as Kar CET, it is a State level entrance examination conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The exam is held in May every year for admission to various academic courses in the field of engineering, pharmacy, dental and other allied courses. Online applications are available on the KEA website from January onwards. The exam is conducted in the offline mode and the medium of KCET is English. Candidates are shortlisted and called for counselling based on the KCET cutoff list for the respective courses.
Latest Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Cloud Computing and Virtualisation Technology) Admission Alert
- Andhra University Integrated B.Tech.- M.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) B.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- MANUU B.Tech and B.Ed Admission 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Koneru Lakshmaiah University (KLU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Placement, Result, Fees
- JNTU Kakinada B.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Entrance Exam, Result
Career Prospects After B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology
Cloud Computing is becoming a standard business application, and is very essential for IT industries, since it helps users store their data on multiple servers which can be accessed easily anywhere using internet such as Google and Dropbox. Since it provides huge virtual storage space to the customer with enhanced security and flexibility, companies or business reap an added advantage for using Cloud Computing. It provides jobs in several verticals such as management, IT systems, end user support, application development, business analysis, network, security, and web development. A B.Tech program with specialization in the area of Cloud Computing & Virtualization, therefore, adds tremendous value to the skill- set of an aspiring student. Demand for professionals with knowledge of Cloud Computing is expected to rise exponentially because more and more companies are implementing this technology.
Here are some of the popular Cloud- related job profiles:
- Cloud Software Engineer
- Cloud Project Manager
- Cloud Business Analyst
- Cloud Network Architect/Planner
- Cloud Product Manager
- Cloud Sales Executive
- Cloud Developer/Programmer
- Cloud Consultant
- Cloud Systems Engineer
- Cloud Systems Administrator
- Cloud Network Engineer
Listed below are some of the job titles and job profiles along with the respective remunerations offered in the field of Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology:
|Job Title||Job Profile||Salary|
|Cloud Solution Architect||Cloud Solution Architects can demonstrate the design, plan, architecture and management principles of a cloud computing infrastructure. They architect a comprehensive solution that utilizes the Cloud Computing design and blueprint principles to meet the customer’s requirements.||INR 1,577,623 per year|
| Cloud Security Specialist||A Cloud Security Specialist is responsible for implementing and evaluating a myriad of cloud deployments, applications and services across the client base. They are responsible for engaging with the business to build and/or evaluate cloud- based solutions while actively driving risk down, using the industry’s best practices.|| INR 707,913 per year|
|Cloud Computing Engineer||A cloud engineer is an IT professional responsible for any technological duties associated with cloud computing, including design, planning, management, maintenance and support. The position of a cloud engineer can be broken down into multiple roles, including cloud architect, cloud software engineer, cloud security engineer, cloud systems engineer and cloud network engineer.||INR 915,628 per year|
|Cloud Application Developer||A Cloud Application Developer is a technical professional who understands the concepts essential to the development of Cloud applications. He plans and implements cloud- ready applications and enhances cloud application using managed services.||INR 583,161 per year|
|Information Security Specialist||As an Information Security Specialist, the work will focus on understanding risks to the security of information or data. They analyze where security breaches may occur or have occurred, and repair or strengthen systems against such breaches.||INR 7,07,913 per year|
Course Structure and Syllabus for B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Theory Subjects||Practical Subjects||Theory Subjects||Practical Subjects|
|Mathematics I||Basic Electronics Engineering Lab||Mathematics II||Advanced Data Structures-Lab|
|Physics||Physics Lab||Chemistry||Chemistry Lab|
|Programming and Data structures||Programming and Data Structures Lab||Advanced Data Structures||Database Management Systems Lab|
|Open Source and Open Standards||English Communication||Database Management Systems||--|
|Basic Electronics Engineering||--||Environmental Studies||--|
|Design Thinking||--||Introduction to IT Infrastructure Landscape||--|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Theory Subjects||Practical Subjects||Theory Subjects||Practical Subjects|
|Design and Analysis of Algorithms||Advanced Database Management Systems Lab||Software Engineering & Project management||Data Communication and Computer Networks Lab|
|Computer System Architecture||Design and Analysis of Algorithms Lab||Data Communication and Computer Networks||Advanced Programming using Java Lab|
|Advanced Database Management Systems||Operating Systems Lab||Storage Technology Foundation||Web Technologies through PHP-Lab|
|Discrete Mathematical Structures||Introduction to Virtualization & Cloud Computing Lab||Advanced Programming using Java||Dynamic Paradigm in Cloud Computing 2|
|Operating Systems||Dynamic Paradigm in Cloud Computing 1||Web Technologies through PHP||--|
|Introduction to Virtualization & Cloud Computing||--||Open Elective-1||--|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Theory Subjects||Practical Subjects||Theory Subjects||Practical Subjects|
|Object Oriented Analysis and Design||XML Programming Lab||Computer Graphics||Cloud Deployment Model Lab|
|Computer Graphics||Computer Graphics Lab||Enterprise Java||Micro Processor & Embedded Systems Lab|
|Cloud Computing Architecture ||Object Oriented Analysis and Design Lab||Cloud Computing Platforms II||Minor Project II|
|XML Programming||Minor Project I||Dynamic Paradigm in Cloud Computing 3||Industrial Visit|
|Formal Languages and Automata Theory||Dynamic Paradigm in Cloud Computing 3||Service Oriented Architecture||Dynamic Paradigm in Cloud Computing 4|
|Program Elective-1||PE – I||Data Communication & Networks||PE- II|
|--||.NET Technologies||XML Programming||Digital Image Processing|
|--||Digital Signal Processing||--||Software Quality Management|
|--||Information Retrieval and Search Engines||--||Compiler Design|
|--||Modeling and simulation||--||Enterprise Java|
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Theory Subjects||Practical Subjects||Theory Subjects||Practical Subjects|
|Cryptography and Network Security||Cryptography and Network Security Lab||Program Elective-4||Major Project II|
|Cloud Performance Tuning||Cloud Performance Tuning Lab||Choose Any One||PE- IV|
|Program Elective – 3||Major Project I||Security in Cloud||Backup & DR (except for where it is the main subject)|
|Open Elective-2||Summer Internship||Managing the Cloud (IBM Elective)||Business Process Management 2 (except for where it is the main subject)|
|--||PE- III||--||Social Analytics (except for where it is the main subject)|
|--||Distributed Computing||--||Cyber Forensic (except for where it is the main subject)|
|--||Business Process Management 1 (Except for where it is as main subject||--||--|
Elective Subject list
- Professional Ethics
- Employment Communication
- Industrial Management
- Report Writing
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Foreign Languages - German/ French/ Spanish/ Mandarin
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Lean Entrepreneur and New Manufacturing Technology
- Biology for Engineers
- Physical Fitness and Wellness
Books for B.Tech in Cloud Computing and Virtualization Technology
- Cloud Computing for Dummies by Bloor R., Kanfman M., Halper F. Judith Hurwitz
- Cloud Computing: A Practical Approach by Antohy T Velte
- Cloud Computing: Web-Based Applications That Change the Way You Work and Collaborate Online by Michael Miller
- Virtual Machines by James E Smith, Ravi Nair
- Cloud Computing Best Practices for Managing and Measuring Processes for On-demand Computing, Applications and Data centers in the Cloud with SLAs by Haley Beard
- Cloud Computing Implementation Management and Strategy by John Rittinghouse & James Ransome.