B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology is a 3-year full-time course in the domain of medical technology. Eligibility criteria for admission to this graduate degree course is 10+2 pass or equivalent from a recognized university or institute.
Top B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology colleges are:
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- KLE University, Belgaum
- Noida International University
- Sumandeep Vidyapeeth, Vadodara
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Health and Sciences
Average course fee charged for B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology course range from INR 25,000 to 5 Lacs.
The course covers various aspects of the technology used in the treatment of cardiovascular ailments. B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology course imparts a thorough understanding of detailed diagnostic and therapeutic procedures that involve the use of complex tools, machines, and pharmacological agents.
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology graduates can opt for career profiles such as cardiac sonographer, cardiovascular technician, cardiovascular technologist, medical sonographer, etc. The average salary earned by INR 2 to 20 Lacs.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Cardiovascular Technology)
- B.Sc (Nursing) in Delhi-NCR
- B.Sc (Nursing) in Maharashtra
- B.Sc (Nursing) in Chennai
- B.Sc (Nursing) in Uttar Pradesh
- B.Sc (Nursing) in Telangana
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology: Course Highlights
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/ Merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 25,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 20 Lacs|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Hospitals, Universities, Health organizations, etc.|
|Job Positions||Cardiovascular Technician, Cardiovascular Technologist, Medical Sonographer, etc.|
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology: What is it About?
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology course help students in acquiring better management skills for different cardiac disorders.
The course trains students in applying specialized occupational theory, practical and builds skills and enables them to understand concepts to work solely as a cardiovascular technologist and various other positions.
Students learn to effectively communicate about technical issues, science and technology related to cardiovascular ailments. In B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology course, students learn how to apply science and technology to study of cardiovascular technology and are able to use latest advancements in field of CVT.
One can also opt for courses similar to B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology, such as B.Sc. Cardiac Technology, B.Sc. Cardiac Perfusion, etc.
Cardiovascular Technologist is a field that is 70% female oriented and 30% male oriented. (data collected from payscale.com)
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology: Top Institutes
|Name of the Institute||Location||Average Fee charged (in INR)|
|Christian Medical College||Chennai||1.14 Lacs|
|Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)||Pondicherry||6K|
|JSS Academy for Higher Education and Research||Mysore||49.3K|
|Noida International University||Gautam Budh Nagar||64K|
|AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre||Mangalore||-|
|Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences||Mumbai||40K|
|Vinayak Missions University||Salem||40K|
|Sumandeep Vidyapeeth, Vadodara||Vadodara||30.8K|
|The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University||Chennai||2K|
|Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre||Bangalore||2.57 Lacs|
|Shree Laxmi Naryana Institute of Medical Sciences||Pondicherry||75K|
|Vijaya Educational Academy||Chennai||30K|
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology: Eligibility
Students aspiring for B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology course needs to be 10+2 pass with minimum of 50% marks and with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as one of the main subjects.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the subject/subjects at 10+2 or equivalent level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable for them.
- Certain Institutes grant admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET). To get admission in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology course to the students.
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology: Admission Process
Some Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission to B.Sc. courses hence students would have to make an application for such exams. Most of the colleges admit students on the basis of marks scored in last qualifying examination
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective university or college.
- After preparation of final merit list, the process of final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology course and register for the respective academic year.
The admission process mentioned might vary for different institutes/universities.
Latest Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Cardiovascular Technology) Admission Alert
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Merit List, Fees
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences (NTRUHS) B.Sc and BPT Admission 2019: Courses, Dates, Placement, Fees
- CMC Ludhiana B.Sc. Nursing and BPT Admission 2019: Coures, Eligibility, Fees
- KUHS MBBS, BDS & B.Pharm. Admission 2019
- NIMHANS UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Application Form, Entrance Exam Date, Result
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) MBBS and BDS Admission 2019
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology: Syllabus and Course Description
|Subjects of Study|
|Anatomy||Computer usage relevant to cardiovascular technology|
|Biochemistry||Heart-size, location, chambers, exterior and interior blood supply of heart|
|Clinical Features and Treatment of diseases related to CVT||Names of regional lymphatic’s, axillary, and inguinal lymph nodes in brief|
|Microbiology||Histology of Lymphatic tissues|
B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology: Career Prospects
There are a variety of jobs for B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology graduates in areas such as Hospitals, Health-related organizations, Universities, etc.
A student aspiring for more knowledge in the same or related domain can opt for higher studies such as M.Sc. in Cardiovascular technology, or M.Sc. in Cardiac technology, etc.
The primary role of B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology graduate is to assist a qualified physician and perform technical procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular injury or ailment.
Job roles of Cardiovascular Technologist
- To aid in the diagnosis and treatment of heart and blood vessel issues
- Assist physician with patient’s documentation
- Monitor patient’s heartbeat
- To look after and operate the equipment
Related B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology courses:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- B.Sc. Biology
Read about moreBachelor of Science courses
Major job profiles along with their description and average salary earned is tabulated below:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary (in INR)|
|Cardiovascular Technologist||Cardiovascular technologists perform EKGs and set up stress tests and Holter monitoring. They use a variety of procedures and instruments to diagnose and treat heart diseases vascular problems. Such technicians can perform tasks using sonography and advanced life support techniques||6.68 Lacs|
|Medical Sonographer||Medical Sonographers perform imaging procedures which use non-ionizing, and high-frequency sound waves to create an image used for exploratory surgery or imaging that uses radiation. Duties include preparing patients, explaining the exam, and performing the procedures and reporting the findings to the patient or a physician||7 Lacs|
|Cardiologist||Cardiologists diagnose and treat heart and blood vessel problems using a combination of symptom review, physical examination, and medical testing||16 Lacs|
|Dialysis Technician||Dialysis Technician follows strict protocols to guarantee safe and effective outcomes for patients undergoing this four-hour procedure. They monitor and adjust fluid removal rate according to patients’ vital signs, and minimize the possibility of infection through proper equipment handling and sterilization.||5.4 Lacs|
|Nephrologist Technician||Nephrologist Technician assists in the treatment of patients who are suffering from end-stage renal disease and other illnesses that can cause the kidneys to shut down or improperly function. They work with other team members to complete a variety of tasks including meeting patient needs, operating specialized machines, sanitizing and cleaning tools and equipment and maintaining medical equipment||14 Lacs|