Diploma in Electrical Engineering is a certificate/beginner level course in the domain of Electrical engineering and its related aspects. One can pursue the course after completion of his/her class 10th education. The course is of three years duration with a semester-wise system of examination.
|Related Courses||Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering||Diploma in Civil Engineering|
Some of the popular Institutes/colleges offering the diploma level course are:
- International Institute of Management and Technical Studies
- Ganga Group of Institutions
- Dev Bhoomi Institute of Polytechnic
- Wisdom School of Management
- Aarsh Mahavidhyalaya
The average fee for the course varies from INR 35,000 to 2 Lacs across various colleges and universities across the country. The variation in the fee is based on the location and type of university that is private/deemed or government Architecture Engineering.
Check Top Diploma in Electrical Engineering Colleges in India
The process of admission to the course mostly involves a merit basis selection criterion that is the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in class 10th board examinations. Colleges/Institutes offering the course demand a minimum of 50% marks (Relaxable for reserved category candidates) at 10th level with Science and Mathematics as a subject of study in order to accord admissions in the course.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering course is a starting level certification in the domain. Students are equipped with basic knowledge and skill in relation to Electrical Engineering. Students can enhance their skill and knowledge set in the respective domain by going for B.E/B.Tech and M.E/M.Tech course in the long run. The course mainly aims at providing practical level skills in the subject to the students along with the theoretical understanding of the same so, as to equip them with an all-around holistic view of the subject.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering students can look for a variety of options in terms of his/her career. He/she can opt for a career as an Electrical design engineer, Transform design engineer, Field application engineer, Technical trainer, Verification engineer etc. However, most of the students prefer to go for a higher degree (B.E/B.Tech lateral entry) in the discipline before entering the job market.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Course Highlights
|Course Level|| Diploma/Certification|
|Duration of the Course||3 year|
|Eligibility||10th pass out students with a minimum of 50% (relaxable for reserved category students) in class 10th board examination from any recognized board of Science and Mathematics as a subject of study.|
|Admission Process||Merit Based/ Entrance exam based (In select few institutes)|
|Course Fee||Between INR 35,000 to 3,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 10000 to 14000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Emerson, Servomax, Mitsubishi Electric, Fuji Electric, Eon electric, Cable Corporation of India Ltd.|
|Job Positions||Electrical design engineer, Transform design engineer, Field application engineer, Technical trainer, Verification engineer etc|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: What is it About?
Engineering is an area which lays emphasis on application based subject analysis. It mostly focuses on practical application of learned concepts. It is based on the technical application of principles, concepts, and design so as to yield a desired and sustainable result.
Electrical engineering is one such specialization under the ambit of engineering which deals with the study of electrical power generation, equipment, and their design. Electrical engineers form a crucial part of trained manpower that most of the industrial firms’ house today.
A diploma course in Electrical Engineering imparts those technical skills and knowledge to the students that transform them into a trained and qualified personnel ready to be a part of industrial manpower. The course teaches various academic and practical aspects related to the domain to the students in a gradual manner.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Top Institutes
Diploma in Electrical Engineering is offered by a good number of colleges/institutes across the country. These colleges/institutes are offering the course to candidates who have passed their 10th board examination from a recognized state or central board.
Students can take admission in the course by applying to the various institutes offering this course based on their performance at the 10th level (A select few institutes also require students to pass a common entrance test as well).
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering Diploma in Electrical Engineering course in India.
|Institute||City||Average Fee (per annum basis)|
|International Institute of Management and Technical Studies||Ahmadabad||INR 21,566|
|Ganga Group of Institutions||Delhi||INR 28,687|
|Dev Bhoomi Institute of Polytechnic||Dehradun||INR 44,666|
|Wisdom School of Management||Coimbatore||INR 22,600|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh||INR 13,400|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology||Dhenkanal||INR 2,500|
|ABSS Institute of Technology||Meerut||INR 30,400|
|Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Polytechnic||Kolkata||INR 22,000|
|ACMT Polytechnic||Firozabad||INR 41,200|
|Adarsh College of Engineering||Orissa||-|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed class 10th board examination from a recognized state or central board with at least 50% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) with Science and Mathematics as a subject of study.
- He/She shall not be having any supplementary or compartment in any of the Subject/Subjects at the class 10th level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges/institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission.
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Certain Institutes grant admission through Common Entrance Test (CET). To get admission in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering Diploma in Electrical Engineering course to the students.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Admission Process
Diploma in Electrical Engineering admission is mostly done on a merit-based selection criterion with a select few institutes/colleges going for CET based admissions.
- Some Institutes/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission to the course hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective institute or college.
- After final allotment of seats to the candidate takes the candidates are asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
However, in most of the colleges, the admission process would be a straightforward task which would involve merit-based admission in the course.
Listed below are some of the entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
- Arunachal Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (APJEE)
- Assam Polytechnic Admission Test (Assam PAT)
- Bihar Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination (DCECE)
- Chhattisgarh Pre Polytechnic Test 2019 (CG PPT)
- Delhi Polytechnic Common Entrance Exam (Delhi CET)
- Haryana Diploma Entrance Test (HSTES DET)
- Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test (HP PAT)
- J&K Diploma Polytechnic Entrance Test (JKBOPEE Polytechnic)
- JEXPO and VOCLET WB Polytechnic Entrance Exam
- Joint Entrance Examination Council of Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP)
- Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Exam (Jharkhand PECE)
- Kerala Polytechnic College Admission Test
- Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education Polytechnic Entrance (MSBTE)
- Madhya Pradesh Pre Polytechnic Test (MP PPT)
- Odisha Diploma Entrance Test (Odisha DET)
- Punjab Joint Entrance Test (Punjab PET)
- Rajasthan Polytechnic Admission DTE Rajasthan
- Polytechnic Common Entrance Test Telangana State (TS POLYCET)
- Uttarakhand Polytechnic Entrance Exam (UBTER JEEP)
- Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET)
- Polytechnic Admission Test Rajasthan (DSRRAU PAT)
- Polytechnic Common Entrance Test Andhra Pradesh (AP POLYCET)
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Syllabus and Course description
The course is divided into six semesters spanning over a duration of three years. The syllabus of the course is designed in a manner so as to teach all the basic aspects of the course to the students in a gradual manner.
The details regarding the syllabus are tabled below for your reference.
|Year I||Year II||Year III|
|Applied Science||Electrical Machines||Estimation and Specification|
|Applied Mathematics||Computer-aided electrical drawing||Embedded system|
|Elements of electrical engineering||Electrical Power generation||Industrial drives and control|
|Basic computer skills||Transmission and Distribution||Electrical energy utility and management|
|Electrical and Electronics circuits||Basic of programming||Electric motor control|
|-||-||Basic management skills|
|-||-||PLC and HDL|
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have interest in the domain of Electrical engineering.
- Those who have a career as a design engineer in mind.
- Those who are looking for higher studies in the domain.
- Those who have an analytical and technical mindset.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Career Prospects
Diploma in Electrical Engineering students have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work with firms like Emerson, Servomax, Mitsubishi Electric, Fuji Electric, Eon electric, Cable Corporation of India ltd.etc.
Related Diploma in Engineering Courses are:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Read more AboutDiploma in Engineering Courses
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where Diploma in Electrical Engineering pass outs can look for in terms of their career.
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Electrical Designer Engineer||The work of a design engineer involves circuit design and simulation in regards to electrical and electronic equipment.||INR 1.40 to 1.95 Lacs|
|Junior Engineer||The work of junior engineer involves maintenance and repair of electrical circuits and components under the supervision of a senior engineer.||INR 1.42- 1.80 Lacs|
|Technical Trainer||Technical trainer’s job involves imparting basic skills and knowledge to the new recruit in the firm in regards to the functioning of the firm.||INR 1.50 – 1.92 Lacs|
|Field Engineer||Field engineer’s job involves a visit to the various location in order to provide repair and maintenance services in regards to electrical equipment.||INR 1.55-1.75 Lacs|
|CAD Engineer||CAD engineer’s job is based on the structuring of electrical circuits through computer-aided software and tools.||INR 1.65- 2.2 Lacs|