M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics is a 2-year Post Graduate (PG) course in the hybrid domain of Electronics and Computer engineering with specialization in Digital system analysis and computer-related electronics. A minimum of 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks at UG level is the least which almost all the institutes desire from applying candidates as an eligibility criterion.
Some of the popular colleges offering the course are:
- Centre for Electronics Design and Technology
- Anna University
The fee for the course varies between INR 60,000 to INR 3.5 Lacs in India. The variation in fee is based on the location and nature of university (that is government, state/private/deemed etc.).
Admissions to the course are done on the basis of Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method as well as merit-based selection criteria that is the percentage of marks obtained at Under Graduate (UG) level by the aspiring candidate. The course is drafted in a manner so, as to accord subject-specific technical skills and knowledge to the masters of technology students. This is done to equip them with a holistic knowledge of the subject that will enable them to take on the day to day challenges that would come in the persecution of their skill.
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics postgraduates have a wide range of job opportunities. One can choose to work in the area/with firms such as Circuit designing, Component manufacturing, Electronics industry, Research and development, Aviation and communication, Telecom industries etc. After completion of post graduation, one may pursue further studies (like M.Phil and Ph.D.) in the said subject or may take up job opportunities associated. The average salary ranges between INR 16,000 and 20,000 a month for a fresh pass out.
Top Colleges for Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Digital Systems & Computer Electronics)
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Digital Systems & Computer Electronics) in Telangana
- ME/M.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- ME/M.Tech in Maharashtra
- ME/M.Tech in Chennai
- ME/M.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- ME/M.Tech in Telangana
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 55% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 60,000 to INR 3.5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 16,000 to 20,000|
|Top Recruiting area||Circuit designing, Component manufacturing, Electronics industry, Research and development, Aviation and communication, Telecom industries|
|Job Position||Design engineer, Layout engineer, Testing engineer, Simulation engineer, Service engineer, Researcher etc|
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics: What is it about?
Digitization and networking have seen the expansion of its scope and dimension in all possible areas of human activity. In today’s world digital electronics and computer system are not only driving the flow of information but are also adding to the economic enhancement, development, and growth. Public, private, micro and macro all levels of activities in the society witness the influence and effect of computerization and digitization.
This encompassing nature of digital electronics and computers has made it inevitable for technical and science background students to neglect. With expansion in all dimensions, it has bought a lot of jobs and growth opportunities for technical and engineering background students. However, proper skill and qualification is the minimum requirement to avail benefits of such opportunities.
M.Tech course in the domain taps the need of industry by transforming postgraduate students of technology into an efficient and effective workforce that is capable of industry specific demands. The course aims to achieve this through its course design and structure.
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics: Top Institutes
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics is offered as a course by many reputed colleges/universities to candidates who have passed their UG or equivalent examination in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical and electronics engineering/Electronics and Instrumentation/Computer science/IT stream from a recognized state or central university.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Institute||City||Average Fee Per annum basis|
|Centre for Electronics Design and Technology||Imphal||INR 55,390|
|MLR Institute of Technology||Hyderabad||INR 57,390|
|S.R. Engineering College||Warangal||INR 57,750|
|Tezpur University||Tezpur||INR 15,600|
|IIT||Kanpur||INR 86, 200|
|Anna University||Chennai||INR 47,500|
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the B.E/B.Tech or equivalent examination in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical and electronics engineering/Electronics and Instrumentation / Computer science/IT stream with at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) of the marks at graduation level from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the Subject/Subjects at B.E/B.Tech level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission (like work experience of certain years).
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Most of the Institute give admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET) (like GATE). To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common for most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics: Admission Process
Admissions to the course mostly involve a common entrance test based admission process (as seen across various universities and colleges in the country).
- Most of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission into M.Tech courses (like BITS HD) or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like GATE. Hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for counseling cum admission process by the respective university or college.
- After counseling cum admission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering this course.
Latest Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Digital Systems & Computer Electronics) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics: Syllabus and Course description
The syllabus of the course is divided into four semesters spread over a span of two years. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects and practical skills that students are taught during the course of their Master’s. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to the specialization so, as to provide a holistic understanding of the subject to the master’s level students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so as to provide a reference to the candidates.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|VLSI Technology and Design||Wireless LANs and PANs|
|Digital system design||Digital Signal Processors and Architectures|
|Microcontroller for embedded systems design||Low power VLSI design|
|Core elective 1||Core elective 3|
|Core elective 2||Core elective 4|
|Open Elective 1||Open Elective 2|
|Practical Lab and Seminar||Practical lab and Seminar|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Error Control Coding||Network design|
|Open Elective 3||Viva-voce|
|Comprehensive Viva-Voce||Project work and Review-2|
|Project work and Review-1||Project evaluation|
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have a background in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical and electronics engineering/Electronics and Instrumentation/Computer Science/IT engineering.
- Those who have a career in the domain of Electronics and Computer system design in mind.
- Those who are aiming at skilled based jobs.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics: Career Prospects
M.Tech in Digital System and Computer Electronics engineering postgraduate has plenty of options to choose from in terms of his/her career. One can choose to work as Design engineer, Layout engineer, Testing engineer, Simulation engineer, Service engineer, Researcher etc.
To provide you a complete view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where Digital System and Computer Electronics engineering postgraduates can look for in terms of their career.
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
| Design Engineer||Design engineer is involved in the task of structuring and organizing the design of an electronic circuitry.||INR 2.75-3.40 Lacs|
|Layout engineer||The job involves chalking out detailed strategy and plan for implementation as a part of some integrated or hybrid project.||INR 2.80-3.25 Lacs|
|Simulation engineer||The job involves working analysis of components and circuit as a whole through observation virtual working and simulation using ICT tools.||INR 2.2 -2.23 Lacs|
|Testing engineer||Testing engineer is involved at detecting flaws and bugs at the last level of production/development/manufacturing cycle.||INR 1.7-2.45 Lacs|
|Technical consultant||Technical consultants are involved in the design, planning, and simulation of product, network, and devices.||INR 2.32-3.10 Lacs|