B.B.A. in Supply Chain Management is a 3-year full time undergraduate course, the minimum eligibility for pursuance of which is a Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) qualification, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%, completed from a recognized educational Board, in any stream.
The program is spread over 3 years, divided into 6 semesters of 6 months each.
Admission to the course is based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level, or in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of Personal Interview.
The course is best suited for those who are interested in seeking a career in the shipping sector, which is about:
- management education focussing on the shipping sector.
- general management as well as freight/ supply-related business administration.
- several aspects of shipping including:
- linear trade
- port operations charting
- customs procedure
- transportation and distribution management.
- the shipping as well as the logistics sector.
- shipping-related concepts such as:
- Inventory Control
- Supplier Development
- Customer Services
- Logistics and Distribution.
Students enrolled to the course are equipped with knowledge of:
- business administration and management with respect to the shipping industry.
- basics of:
- linear trade
- administration techniques
- shipping and customs laws, etc.
Such graduates are typically hired in capacities such as:
- Warehouse Supervisors
- Shipping Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Export Sales Coordinator
- Export Executive
- Logistics Coordinator
- Expeditor, etc.
Popular recruiting organizations include:
- Colleges and universities
- Career Vision (Chennai)
- DIJIK Innovations Pvt. Ltd. (Bangalore)
- Titan Company Limited (Bangalore)
- CRPL Limited (Mumbai)
- Chumbak Design Pvt. Ltd. (Bangalore), etc.
The average fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 20,000 to 7 lakhs.
The average annual salary offered to such professionals in India ranges between INR 2 and 10 lakhs, increasing with experience and expertise.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Supply Chain Management)
- BBA/BBM in Delhi-NCR
- BBA/BBM in Maharashtra
- BBA/BBM in Chennai
- BBA/BBM in Uttar Pradesh
- BBA/BBM in Telangana
B.B.A in Supply Chain Management: Course Highlights
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2, preferably with Commerce subjects, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on counselling after qualification of entrance test|
|Course Fee||INR 20,000 to 7 lakhs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 10 lakhs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Colleges and Universities, Career Vision (Chennai), DIJIK Innovations Pvt. Ltd. (Bangalore), Titan Company Limited (Bangalore), CRPL Limited (Mumbai), Chumbak Design Pvt. Ltd. (Bangalore), etc.|
|Job Positions||Warehouse Supervisors, Shipping Coordinator, Operations Manager, Export Sales Coordinator, Export Executive, Logistics Coordinator, Expeditor, etc.|
B.B.A in Supply Chain Management: What is it About?
The course has been designed to offer advanced learning to eligible candidates in:
- nuances of the shipping and logistics industry.
- business, administrative, and managerial aspects of the field.
- basics of:
- business communications
- operations management
- marketing and finance.
B.B.A in Supply Chain Management: Who should opt?
Ideal candidates for the course would possess:
- ability to work in different industries in different sectors.
- efficient decision-making skills.
- patience while dealing with clients.
- flexibility to work with a team.
- co-ordination and communication skills.
- strong analytical, numerical and geographical skills.
Top Institutes offering B.B.A in Supply Chain Management
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India which offer the course:
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees in INR|
|Sikkim Manipal University||Manipal||3.08 lakhs|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||Dehradun||6.73 lakhs|
|Indian Academy School of Management Studies||Bangalore||4.55 lakhs|
|Reva University||Bangalore||2.1 lakhs|
|CCI School of Logistics||Noida||6.8 lakhs|
|Sharda University||Greater Noida||4.08 lakhs|
|Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology||Kolkata||0.42 lakhs|
|ITM University||Gwalior||2.1 lakhs|
|Amity Business School||Noida||4.5 lakhs|
|VELS University||Chennai||3.8 lakhs|
|Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology, and Science||Allahabad||2.29 lakhs|
|NSHM Knowledge Campus||Kolkata||3.2 lakhs|
|RNB Global University||Bangalore||1.85 lakhs|
|JK Lakshmipat University||Jaipur||1.27 lakhs|
|School of Management, Dr. D.Y. Patil University||Navi Mumbai||2.25 lakhs|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||Kottayam||0.24 lakhs|
|Ajeenkya D.Y. Patil University||Pune||-|
|Swami Vivekananda Subharti University||Meerut||1.06 lakhs|
|ITM School of Business||Gwalior||2.1 lakhs|
|Indian Maritime University||Cochin||3 lakhs|
|Karunya University Business School||Bangalore||1.35 lakhs|
|International School of Business and Media||Kolkata||2.1 lakhs|
|Madurai Kamaraj University||Madurai||0.47 lakhs|
Eligibility for B.B.A in Supply Chain Management
Listed below are the minimum criteria of eligibility that interested candidates need to fulfil in order to apply for the course.
- 10+2 education completed, preferably in the Commerce stream, from a recognized educational Board.
- Preferably, Commerce subject as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
B.B.A in Supply Chain Management: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
Some such universities that conduct entrance tests in the country for admission to the course are:
- Indian Maritime University, Cochin
- ITM School of Business, Gwalior
- Swami Vivekananda Subharti University, Meerut.
Latest Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Supply Chain Management) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Dravidian University UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- Noorul Islam University UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- MPKV B.Sc, B.Tech and BBA Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result, Fees
- FLAME University Pune BBA, BA and B.Sc. Admission 2019: Courses, placement, Fees
B.B.A in Supply Chain Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A section-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below:
|Section I||Section II|
|Business Organization||Project Management|
|Business Economics I||Marketing Management|
|Business Mathematics||Introduction to Multimodal and Transportation|
|Business Accounting||Introduction to ERP|
|Business Communication I||Research Methodology and report Writing|
|Business Computing||Decision Modelling Using Spreadsheet|
|Organizational Behaviour||Logistics Information System|
|Business Economics II||Supply Relationship Management|
|Business Statistics||Logistics Strategy and Planning|
|Financial Management||Business Policy and Strategy|
|Business Communication II||Logistics in Manufacturing Sector|
|Understanding Logistics||Customer Relationship Management|
|Human resource management||Industry Visit|
|Operations and Material Management||Summer Internship|
|Logistics and Supply Chain Management||Dissertation I|
|Consumer Behaviour and Marketing Research||Retail Logistics|
|Total Quality management||Dissertation II|
B.B.A in Supply Chain Management: Career Prospects
Interested graduates of the course may pursue advanced studies in the discipline by way of MBA in any of:
- Logistics Management
- Shipping Finance
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Logistics and Shipping.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Warehouse Supervisor||Warehouse Supervisors supervise the staff at the warehouse, and maintain the security of the warehouse. Also, they maintain inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering goods.||2.37 lakhs|
|Export Executive||Export Executives, in their accounting responsibilities, are required to keep invoices and maintain a record of the reports of the billing transactions. They must also ensure that the shipments comply with the set of export rules and regulations set by the government.||5 lakhs|
|Expeditor||Expeditors make sure that the orders are being delivered at the right time. In a restaurant, an expeditor is expected to take care of the order timing and efficiency when it comes to delivering food to the guests.||4.10 lakhs|
|Operations Manager||Operations Managers are responsible for overseeing the production of goods and/or services. An Operations Manager is responsible for the smooth functioning of the company with efficient services which meet both the company’s goals and the customer’s expectations.||7 lakhs|