PGDM in International Business is a 2 year diploma course with each year divided into two semesters making it a total of four semesters. Candidate with a minimum score of 50% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG level in any stream can make an application for admission to the course. Candidate must have obtained an Under Graduate (UG) degree from a recognized central or state/private/deemed university.
The course admissions are based on both Common Entrance Test (CET) (like CAT, GMAT, XAT etc) as well as a merit-based mechanism that is the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate at Undergraduate level. Certain colleges/universities conduct their own exam apart from the common exams for selecting candidates for admission however, preference is given to the score of common entrance exams (CAT, XAT, GMAT etc.) when it comes grant of admission.
Some of the popular colleges/universities that are offering the course are:
- Asian Business School
- Apeejay School of Management
- International Management Institute
- Institute of Management Technology
- Balaji Institute of International Business
- Asia-Pacific Institute of Management
- Lovely Professional University
The fee for the course ranges from INR 60,000 to 7 Lacs across various colleges and universities across the country. The variation in fee is based on the location and nature of university (that is government, state/private/deemed etc.).
The course is structured to provide specialization in terms of skills and knowledge to the students in the field of International business so, as to make them ready for the challenges in the practical domain.
A fresh Postgraduate in the domain of International Business can look for job opportunities with Import-export firms, Commodity boards, Trade Unions, International Logistic supply chains etc. A new entrant in the job market can expect a starting salary in the range of INR 20,000 to 25,000.
PGDM in International Business: Course Highlights
|Course Level|| Post Graduate Diploma|
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 50% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG level in any stream.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based (In some cases)/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||INR 60,000 to 6-7 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 20,000 to 25,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Import-export firms, Commodity boards, Trade Unions, International Logistic supply chains etc.|
|Job Positions||Business Manager, Relationship Manager, Supply head, Export Head etc.|
PGDM in International Business: What is it about?
PGDM in the field of International Business is a domain specific course that focuses on the development of specialization in relation to the International Business and its related aspects among the students.
The course is designed in a manner such that a PG level student is able to grasp the basic nuances of International business, along with the theories and principles associated with it. The course along with its academic aspects provides a practical overview to the students in regards to the manner in which International business environment works and how transactions are done in a professional manner.
Thus, the core aspects of the PGDM in International Business course is to produce business leaders who have the capability and skills to meet the needs of business and job markets as well as the skills and abilities to take on entrepreneurial activities.
PGDM in International Business: Top Institutes
Quite a good number of colleges across the country offer the course to candidates who have passed their UG examination from a recognized state or central University. Students can take admission in the course through Common Entrance Test conducted by certain exam conducting authorities such as IIMs and XLRI as well as separate exams conducted by respective colleges/Universities (like LPU) that are offering this course.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Asian Business School||Noida||INR 3,38,000|
|Apeejay School of Management||Delhi||INR 373,500|
|BIMTECH||Greater Noida||INR 4,25,000|
|International Management Institute||Delhi||INR 7,70,500|
|Institute of Management Technology||Ghaziabad||INR 3, 75,000|
|Balaji Institute of International Business||Pune||INR 3,34,250|
|Asia-Pacific Institute of Management||Delhi||INR 4,47,500|
|GL Bajaj group of Institutes||Mathura||INR 1,59, 200|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 2,00,000|
PGDM in International Business: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the UG examination in any stream from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University with at least 50% (45% to 50% for reserved category candidates) of the marks. In case they have scored less than 50% at UG level than they have to go through a Common Entrance Test based mechanism for admission.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the subject/Subjects at UG level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s (like one-year work experience) which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission.
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Most of the Institutes grant admissions through Merit-based/Common Entrance Test (CET) (like CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT etc). To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
PGDM in International Business: Admission Process
The procedure for admission to this course involves a Merit-based scheme (in case you have scored above 50% marks at UG level) and common entrance test based admission process (as seen across various Universities and colleges in the country). .
- Students who have passed their UG level examinations with a minimum of 50% marks (45% to 50% for reserved category students) can make application in colleges offering the course.
- Those having less than 50% marks at UG level would have to go through a common entrance test based mechanism for admission into the course.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for counseling cum admission process by the respective university or college.
- After dmission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would mostly be same across all the B-schools and universities that are offering this course.
PGDM in International Business: Syllabus and Course description
The syllabus of the course is divided into 4 semesters spread over a span of two years with each year comprising of two semesters. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects related to the domain that students are taught during the course of their post-graduation diploma. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to the International Business so as to provide a holistic understanding of the subject to the management students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below for the reference to the candidates.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles of Management||Strategic management|
|Financial Accounting||Cost Accounting|
|Fundamentals of Computers||Integrative Management|
|Human Resource Management||Innovation In management|
|Marketing Management||Networking and Interview skills|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|World Class Manufacturing Standards||Internet Marketing|
|International Business Environment||Global supply chain management|
|Foreign Exchange Management||E-Commerce|
|International Finance||Outsourced Manufacturing|
|International Marketing||Import-Export Management|
PGDM in International Business: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have interest in International business and administration should opt for the course.
- Those who have a career in the domain of management in mind.
- Those who are looking for Entrepreneurial ventures in the domain.
- Those aiming at public sector jobs after graduation can also opt for the course.
PGDM in International Business: Career Prospects
PGDM in International Business postgraduate student has plenty of options to choose from in terms of his/her career. One can choose to work with companies such as Import-Export firms, Logistic supply chains, International Financial management firms, Commodity boards etc.
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where PGDM postgraduates can look for in terms of their career.
|Job profile||Job Description||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Business Manager||Work of a Business manager involves developing of ways and methods to prosper the business of growth of the firm.||INR 2.4-2.52 Lacs|
|International Relations Incharge||IR Incharge is encrusted with the duty of maintaining cordial relation of a firm with its International clients.||INR 3-3.5 Lacs|
|Import-Export Manager||The job involves managing of various Import-Export related transactions of the company.||INR 2.8-3 Lacs|
|Auditor||The job involves auditing and updating of company’s financial accounts at regular intervals.||INR 3-3.15 Lacs|
|Planning and Development Expert||This job involves planning and management of various activities so as to enhance the efficiency and productivity of the firm.||INR 3-3.2 Lacs|