M.E. in Digital Communication & Networking is a 2-year postgraduate course. The concept-oriented course is essentially about:
- Computer Network Technology- concepts and principles that make it work. technologies used in Wide Area Networks, Metropolitan Area Networks, and Local Area Networks.
- Fundamental Network Protocols
- Internet Protocol Family.
- Simple Network Diagnostic Software tools.
|TOP ME/M.TECH IN Colleges In Tamil Nadu||TOP ME/M.TECH IN Colleges In Andhra Pradesh||TOP ME/M.TECH IN Colleges In Maharashtra||TOP ME/M.TECH IN Colleges In Uttar Pradesh|
The basic minimum eligibility criterion that needs to be fulfilled for admission to the course is the successful completion of graduation (B.E./ B.Tech.) in a related branch of engineering.
Such postgraduates are hired in the industry in capacities such as:
- Assistance Professor
- Communication Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Network Support Engineer
- Software Engineer & Senor Engineer
- Communication Manager
- Software Design Engineer
- Electrical Engineering Trainee
- Test Engineering Manager, etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 10,000 and 5 Lacs for a span of 2 years. The average monthly starting salary offered to such postgraduates ranges between INR 10,000 and 32,000, increasing with the candidate’s experience and expertise in the field.
Top Colleges for Master of Engineering [ME] (Digital Communication & Networking)
- Master of Engineering [ME] (Digital Communication & Networking) in Tamil Nadu
- ME/M.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- ME/M.Tech in Maharashtra
- ME/M.Tech in Chennai
- ME/M.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- ME/M.Tech in Telangana
M.E. in Digital Communication & Networking: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Yearly|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on performance in entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 5 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.5 to 12 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||BSNL, Airtel, Samsung, Apple, Micromax, Railways, Bharat Electronics Limited, D.R.D.O, Accenture, RBS, Nuance, Oracle, Research Laboratories, Entrepreneurship, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Colleges & universities, Electronics Circuit Design Companies, Wireless Communication Companies, Optical Communication Companies, Robotics Companies, Analog Electronics Companies, Digital Electronics Companies, Telecommunication Companies, Power Electronics Companies, Consumer Electronics Companies, Defense Sector, Nanotechnology, Mobile Companies, etc.|
|Job Positions||Assistance Professor, Communication Engineer, Software Engineer, Network Support Engineer, Software Engineer & Senor Engineer, Communication Manager, Software Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering Trainee, Manager, Test Engineering Manager, among others such.|
M.E. in Digital Communication & Networking: What is it About?
M.E. in Digital Communication & Networking aims to impart to eligible candidates:
- theoretical and practical exposure in areas of communication and networking.
- modern, industry-oriented education in communication applications.
- advanced familiarity with the fast-growing telecommunication industry.
- skills in research, design and development of:
- satellite and cable systems
- mobile phones
- radio waves
- Internet and e-mail.
- advanced lessons in Modern DSP, Network Simulator, Antennas and Advanced Digital Communication systems.
- comprehensive learning in concepts of:
- Satellite Communication
- Mobile Communication
- Network Security and IP Telephony
- Complexity f Radio Frequency (RF)
- Optical and Wired Data Communication Systems.
Top Institutes offering ME in Digital Communication & Networking
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name of Institute||City|| Average Fees|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Coimbatore Campus||Coimbatore||INR 1,40,000|
|The National Institute of Engineering||Mysore||INR 68,800|
|University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering||Bangalore||INR 24,390|
|Andhra University||Visakhapatnam||INR 30,000|
|KLN College of Engineering||Tamil Nadu||INR 45,000|
|Sinhgad College of Engineering||Pune||INR 1,02,000|
|GKM College of Engineering and Technology||Chennai||INR 45,220|
|Sinhgad Institute of Technology||Pune||INR 98,445|
|Flora Institute of Technology||Pune||INR 78,000|
|GH Raisoni College of Engineering and Management||Pune||INR 1,04,000|
|Mahatma Gandhi Mission's College of Engineering||Maharashtra||INR 80,560|
|GH Raisoni College of Engineering and Management||Maharashtra||INR 82,150|
|Nutan Maharashtra Institute of Engineering and Technology||Pune||INR 67,176|
|Bharath University||Chennai||INR 60,000|
|Visvesvaraya Technological University||Karnataka||INR 18,900|
|Smt. Kashibai Navale College of Engineering||Pune||INR 94,245|
|Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering||Tamil Nadu||INR 50,000|
|Dayananda Sagar Institutions||Bangalore||INR 1,08,000|
|KJ College of Engineering & Management Research||Pune||INR 84,000|
|Mahatma Basaveshwar Education Society's College of Engineering||Maharashtra||INR 67,430|
Eligibility for M.E. in Digital Communication & Networking
Candidates wishing to apply for the course need to fulfil the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Graduation (B.Tech./ B.E.), completed from a recognized university in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) or equivalent CGPA at the level of graduation.
- Candidates awaiting their graduation-level examination’s results are also eligible to apply on provisional basis.
|TOP ME/M.TECH IN Colleges In Haryana||TOP ME/M.TECH IN Colleges In Madhya Pradesh||TOP ME/M.TECH IN Colleges In Karnataka||TOP ME/M.TECH IN Colleges In Telangana|
M.E. in Digital Communication & Networking: Admission Process
Most institutes in India offering the course admit students based on their performance in a relevant entrance test. Some institutes also admit students based on the candidate’s obtained merit at the level of graduation, while some conduct their own entrance tests for offering admission. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
Some such entrance tests conducted in the country for admission to the course are:
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
- PGCET (Post Graduate Common Entrance Test)
- AMIE (Associate Member of Institute of Engineers) quota
- All India Engineering Entrance Exams
- Avinashilingam University ME Entrance Examination
- BEEE ME Entrance Exam
- BITSAT Entrance exam
- BIT, Entrance Exam
- BSAUEEE Engineering Entrance Examination
- Calicut University M.E. entrance exam
- DA IICT Entrance exam
- DCRUST Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology M.E. Entrance exam
- (DA-IICT) Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology Entrance Test
- GAT Online Entrance Test
- GATE Entrance exam
- GGSIPU CET Entrance exam
- (IIIT), Allahabad - M.E. Entrance exam
- Indian School of Mines entrance exam
- Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
- Institute of technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- (IIIT) Bhubaneswar M.E. Entrance exam
- Jamia Milia Islamia entrance test
- KIIT Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam
- KARNATAKA CET
- Kerala University M.E. Entrance Exam
- LNM IIT - M.E. Entrance exam
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- (NITTTR) National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research - ME Entrance exam
- (NERIST) entrance examination
- (PGCET) Karnataka entrance exam
- PTU CET
- (RIST) - M.E. Entrance exam
- SRMEEE Engineering Entrance Examination
- TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test)
- UPES-SEAT Engineering Entrance Test
- VITEEE Engineering Entrance Exam
- VTUEEE VEL Technical University Chennai All India Engineering Entrance Examination.
Latest Master of Engineering [ME] (Digital Communication & Networking) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
ME in Digital Communication & Networking: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Applied Mathematics for Network Engineers||High Performance Computer Networks|
|Advanced Digital Signal Processing||VLSI for Signal Processing|
|Advanced Communication Techniques||Elective I|
|Communication & Signal Processing Lab||Networking Lab|
|Wireless Mobile Communication||Elective IV|
|Optical Communication systems & Networking||Elective V|
|RF & Microwave Engineering||Elective VI|
|Elective II||Project Work (Phase I)|
|Elective III||Project Work (Phase II)|
List of Electives
|Digital Switching & Transmission||Cryptography & Network Security|
|Broadband Access Technologies||Speech Recognition and Synthesis|
|Satellite Communication||Advanced Operating System|
|RF System Design||Communication Network Modelling and Simulation|
|Optical Networks||Internetworking Multimedia|
|ASIC Design||Microwaves and Radar|
|Image Processing and Pattern Recognition||Analysis and Design of CMOS Analogue Integrated Circuits|
|Parallel Processing||Wireless Sensor Networks|
|Real Time Embedded System||Advanced Networks|
|Reconfigurable computing||Space Time Wireless Communication System|
|High Performance & Grid Computing||Detection and Estimation Theory|
|Network Processor||Soft Computing|
|Electro-magnetic for Communications||-|
M.E. in Digital Communication & Networking: Career Prospects
Popular areas of employment for such postgraduate include:
- Manufacturing industries and service organizations
- Broadcasting, All India Radio
- Data communication
- Research and development
- System support
- Modern multimedia service firms
- Telephone industry, Telecommunications
- Indian Civil Aviation
- Development Centers in various States
- Defense, D.R.D.O
- Posts and Telegraph Departments
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Software Engineering/ IT
- Home Appliance and VLSI design
- Hardware Manufacturing
- Power sector.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful postgraduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Communication Officer||Communication Officers are in charge of communicating with various target groups of people, including clients, journalists, investigators, suppliers, and community. They advise workers and directors on communication assignments, and apply written and verbal communication towards the same.||6,50,000|
|Software Engineers||Software Engineers are typically experts in systems, working frameworks, databases, and such applications, and apply a different coding language to each category.||4,29,947|
|Network Support Engineer||Network Support Engineers are responsible for the upkeep of a given corporate system, either as a component of the association's in-house IT group, or as specialized-care staff of an outside System Innovation supplier.||4,08,480|
|Communications Managers||Communications Managers are in charge of transmitting an organization's internal and external messages. They draft written material, plan introductions, and confer with workers.||6,22,095|
|Software Designer||Software Designers are responsible for designing, making, and testing programming applications. They develop ideas and systems for manufacture. They also work to enhance the performance, quality, and efficiency of existing products.||6,78,246|