B.Tech. in Industrial and Production Engineering is a 4 year undergraduate course provided by both government and private engineering colleges. 10+2 pass students with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible for this course. Tuition fees for the course ranges from 2 lakhs to 5 lakhs depending on the type of colleges.
B.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineering deals with the study to develop, improve, implement and evaluate the integrated system of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, material and as a whole industrial process. Admission to this course is done through any of the entrance test, conducted at national and state level.
There are numerous job opportunities for B.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineers in manufacturing industries. They can work in different fields in an industries, just to name a few such fields are like financial management, material management, operations research, network modelling, production planning and controlwhere a fresher can expect an average salary of 3 lakhs to 5 lakhs per annum and it go beyond even 20 lakhs after acquiring some experience in the industry.
What is B.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineering about?
B.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineering equips the student with the knowledge of planning, measuring and controlling all the production and industrial related activities. The course is to make the students so competent that they could improve the level of service sector industries and manufacturing companies.
Who should opt forB.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineering?
Someone who is interested in the study of mechanics, thermodynamics and other mechanics related subjects, somebody who dreams of developing the career in best software as well as production industries should go for this course.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Industrial & Production Engineering)
- BE/B.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- BE/B.Tech in Maharashtra
- BE/B.Tech in Chennai
- BE/B.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- BE/B.Tech in Telangana
Duration of B.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineering is 4 yearswhich are divided in 8 semesters of 6 months each in colleges like Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, Punjab Engineering College University of Technology, Delhi Technological Universityand if a diploma holder takes lateral entry in second year then for those candidate duration would be 3 years.
Academic Options after B.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineering
After completing the B.Tech.degree one can go for the Master’s degree i.e. M.Tech.in Industrial and Production Engineering. Many colleges offer M.Tech. courses in India, one has the choice to choose their desired institute from them.
In India there are more than 3000 B.Tech. Colleges, out of which few major colleges offering B.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineering are listed below:
Name of the Institute
Indian Institute of Technology
Jabalpur Engineering College
Delhi Technological University
College of Engineering
Dr. BR Ambedkar National Institute of Technology
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
The National Institute of Engineering
How to Get Admission in Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Industrial & Production Engineering)
Admission in B.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineering in various IITs like Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhiand other colleges including College of Engineering, Pune, Guru GhasidasVishwavidyalaya, Bilaspur, is done through JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Also, there are few private institutesthat conducts their separate Entrance Examssuch as Manipal University (MU-OET) for the intake of B.Tech. aspirants.
- JEE Main-Applicant must have scored minimum 60% in 10+2 with PCM and 2 additional subjects to become eligible for giving this exam. The exam is condcuted in April Month ebvery year in pen and paper mode and computer based mode.
- JEE Advanced- One has to clear JEE Mains to become eligible for JEE Advanced. It is conducted for admissions in IITs. The exam conducted in May.
- MU-OET- It is an Online Entrance Test conducted separately by Manipal University and will be held between April and May every year. Applicants can choose any suitable date for themselves from the given period, for the online test.
Latest Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Industrial & Production Engineering) Admission Alert
- Andhra University Integrated B.Tech.- M.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) B.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- MANUU B.Tech and B.Ed Admission 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Koneru Lakshmaiah University (KLU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Placement, Result, Fees
- JNTU Kakinada B.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Entrance Exam, Result
A diploma holder can get lateral entry in 2nd year of B.Tech. Industrial and Production Engineering.