Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS) is a 4.5- years long undergraduate course in the field of Integrative Medicine that covers the study of both traditional Naturopathy Medicine and Modern Medicine. The course includes the mandatory completion of a Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship of 1-year duration.
Top Institutes offering this course are:
- Sai Nath University, Ranchi
- Madhav University, Sirohi
- CMJ University, Shillong
- Sunrise University, Alwar
- SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
The average course fee in India ranges between INR 7,000 - 50,000 lacs for the total duration.
For students willing to pursue the BNYS course, a number of medical colleges and universities are available in both private and government sectors. The curriculum is taught in English and at some places, Sanskrit too is used as an additional language.
The minimum requirement of eligibility for the pursuance of the course is the successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream.
Major components of study covered within this discipline include Nutrition Therapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathic Medicine, Natural Childbirth, Herbal/Botanical Medicine, etc. Successful graduates of the course can pursue private practice as General Practitioners, practice at State/ Local Medical Councils as per the laws of Indian Constitutional Acts in medicine. The average annual salary offered to successful graduates of this field lies between 3-5 lacs in India.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science
- Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science in Rajasthan
- B.Sc in Delhi-NCR
- B.Sc in Maharashtra
- B.Sc in Chennai
- B.Sc in Uttar Pradesh
- B.Sc in Telangana
Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS): Course Highlights
Tabulated below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Yearly System|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized educational Board|
|Admission Process||Direct admission to colleges. Entrance test in some cases.|
|Course Fee||INR 7,000 -50,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3-5 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||AYUSH, Patanjali, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Hospitals, Government and Private Clinics, NGO's, Rehabilitation Centers, and such.|
|Top Job Profiles||General Practitioner, Naturopath, Para clinical specialist, Natural Therapist, Yoga Instructor, among others.|
Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS): What is it About?
Naturopathy is the branch of science that is centered on the body’s own healing ability. It is essentially about body’s self-cleaning and repair without the use of allopathic medicines, body's immune, hormonal, nervous, and excretory systems, the body’s adjustment and alignment with these systems and naturally healing diseases pertaining to these systems in the body.
Licensed Naturopathic Physicians typically work at clinics with patients, analyze symptoms, problems, and medical statuses, personalize treatment protocols for every patient, study the patient's lifestyle habits, scan patients’ ailments/allergies to find clues responsible for the current state.
In India, successful postgraduates of the course are employed across government and private hospitals and health centers, for treating a patient the natural way.
The discipline is relevant for those wishing to escape the various side effects and allergies caused by allopathic medicines. undergo natural methods of healing, like medicinal plants and controlled diet.
In the last year of the course, specialization is offered in any of Naturopathy, Ayurveda and Modern Medicine.
Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS): Who should opt?
Ideal candidates for the course would possess:
Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS): Top Institutes
Listed below are some of the top institutes offering the course in the country with the corresponding locations and fees charged by each.
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees per annum in INR|
|SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences||Kannada||28,600|
|JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences||The Nilgiris||79,300|
|ADN Medical College and Paramedical Sciences||Nagpur||7,000|
|Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences||Vijayawada||60,000|
|Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University||Jodhpur||40,900|
Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS): Eligibility
Candidates aspiring for admission to the course are required to fulfil the following minimum eligibility criteria.
- 10+2 education completed in the Science stream, from a recognized educational Board.
- Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology as the main subjects at the 10+2 level.
- A minimum aggregate score of 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
For those keen to apply for the course and not having completed 10+2 in the Science stream, another option is to obtain a 1-year certificate from The National Institute of Naturopathy, Pune.
This institution offers a year-long program, namely ‘Treatment Attendant Training Course’. The eligibility to apply for this certification program is a class X qualification.
Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS): Admission Process
Most institutes and colleges offering the course admit students based on their accomplishment in a relevant entrance examination, conducted mostly at an institutional level, followed by a round of personal interview.
In the personal interview round, candidate’s general aptitude for the course is examined and a merit list is then issued by each institute, declaring the names of all the selected students. Admission procedure generally varies across institutes.
A few institutes also provide direct admission to candidates on the basis of their score at the 10+2 level.
Latest Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) BVSc & BFSc Admission 2019: Courses, Application Process, Dates, Fees
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha UG Admission 2019: Courses, Application Process, Eligibility
- Maulana Azad University (MANUU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Koneru Lakshmaiah University (KLU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Placement, Result, Fees
Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS): Syllabus and Course Description
A year-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below.
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Human physiology||Community medicine|
|Philosophy of nature cure||Basic pharmacology|
|Principle of yoga||Forensic medicine & toxicology|
|Hospital management||Philosophy & practice of yoga|
|-||Color & magneto therapy|
|Year 3||Year 4|
|Naturopathic & modern diagnosis||Yoga therapy|
|Psychology & basic psychiatry||Obstetrics & gynecology|
|Acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, Reiki, & Pranic healing||Hydrotherapy & mud therapy|
|Yoga & physical culture||Fasting & diet therapy|
|Nutrition & herbology||Clinical naturopathy|
|Manipulative therapies||Emergency medicine, minor surgery and first aid|
|Research methodology and recent advances||Physical medicine and rehabilitation|
Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yoga Science (BNYS): Career Prospects
Such professionals can find lucrative employment in areas like
- Lectureship in medical universities, colleges.
- Professorship/ Readership/ Yoga Teaching/ Yoga Registered Medical Practice.
- Hospital Administration/ Naturopathy Practice/ General Practice/ Health Secretaryship.
- Nutrition/ Dietetics, Obstetrics, gynecology.
- Acupuncture/ Neuro-Physiology/ Spa practice
- National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) under AYUSH system of medicine, as well as Modern Medicine.
- Specialty clinics targeting individual disorders like Bariatrics (Obesity, Psycho Neurology (Stress), (Allergology) Allergy, Palliative Medicin, Back Pain, Dietology (Diet Counselling), Reproductive Medicine, Lifestyle (Addictive Medicine & Narcology, De-Addiction (Rehabilitative Medicine), Rehabilitation (Medical, Psychiatry and Post-Surgery Cases)
- Stress management and lifestyle management consulting in corporate hospitals and holistic wellness centers.
- Pre-clinical specialization
- Para-clinical specialization
- Clinical specialty
- Non-clinical specialist in healthcare establishments
- Hospitals in Army, Navy, Air Force, and Paratroops.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such professionals are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Para-Clinical Specialist||Para-clinical Specialists specialize in one or several lab tests or procedures. They conduct tests to look for bacteria or parasites and analyze fluids and their properties. Also, they test drug levels in a sample, preparing specimens to be used, count cells, and prepare cultures.||3-7 lacs|
|Naturopath||A Naturopath is more or less like a lifestyle coach who helps people improve their lifestyle by encouraging them to exercise or diet. They help people acquire and maintain good health, and motivate them to lead a balanced and happy life.||2-5 lacs|