MBA in Hospitality Management course is beneficial for all those aspirants who wish to secure a job in hotels, restaurants, bars, Cruise, Airlines and hospitals. The basic eligibility required to study this course is graduation from any stream, preferably BBA in Hospitality Management.
Top Institutes offering MBA in Hospitality Management are:
- Birla Institute of technology and Science (BITS), Pilani
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- Amity University, Noida
- Delhi School of Business, New Delhi
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
The course fees range between INR 30,000 - 5 lacs for the total duration. The probable salaries offered to successful postgraduates in this field are between 3-10 lacs per annum.
Students are also expected to have a pleasing personality and excellent communication skills as they will have to deal with numerous people from diverse backgrounds. is a two years postgraduate course in the field of Hospitality Management. MBA in Hospitality Management course is designed for those professionals who wish to seek out managerial skills and polish their catering and hospitality skills in a same degree.
MBA in Hospitality Management course is beneficial for all those aspirants who wish to secure a job in hotels, restaurants, bars, Cruise, Airlines and hospitals. The basic eligibility required to study this course is graduation from any stream, preferably BBA in Hospitality Management. Students are also expected to have a pleasing personality and excellent communication skills as they will have to deal with numerous people from diverse backgrounds.
A number of entrance tests are designed for MBA in Hospitality Management aspirants. Some of them are enumerated below:
MBA in Hospitality Management: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a recognized University|
|Admission Process||Direct admission to colleges. However, some colleges may check student's skills in through an entrance test.|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000 - 5 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3-10 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Organizations'||Qatar Airways, Emirates, Jet Airways, The Oberoi, The Claridges, The Leela, The Taj, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas'||Travel Agencies, Colleges & Universities, Entrepreneurship, Hotel/ Resort, Food Craft Institutes, Airports, Hospitality Industry, Airlines, etc.|
|Top Job Profiles||Hospital Business Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Hospital Administration Manager, Sales Manager, Key Accounts Manager, Operations Manager, Finance Manager.|
MBA in Hospitality Management: What is it About?
Students who have an interest in leadership roles in top-notch hotels, resorts, bars, airlines, and other catering and hospitality businesses may go for MBA in Hospitality Management . The program concentrates majorly on marketing and event leadership subjects as they are of prime importance in the study of MBA degree.
The students who wish to study this course must have good presentation and communication skills as they will have to interact with a number of clients in their span of career. It will be a benefit for the MBA in Hospitality Management students if they are multilingual as they may get placed in international airlines and hotels and knowing more than 3 languages becomes necessary to deal with clients of diverse backgrounds.
MBA in Hospitality Management primarily aims to address the client's needs and requirements and plants measures on how to get maximum security, comfort and peace to the client when he is on board.
Through this course, that is, MBA in Hospitality Management, the students can polish and gain the necessary leadership skills required to improve a restaurant's customer service. This degree is beneficial for a hotel's staff as it may pay off in increased resort's revenues.
MBA in Hospitality Management: Eligibility
Following is the eligibility criteria to be followed by students for admission to MBA in Hospitality Management course
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Engineering/ B.Sc. /BBA/B. Com Graduates with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.
- Preference will be given to candidates with minimum 2 years of work experience and above.
MBA in Hospitality Management: Admission Process
Applicants have to clear one of the following exams to get admission for MBA in Hospitality Management program:
- UPESMET: UPES Management Entrance Test (UPES MET) is both offline and online aptitude test conducted by UPES for admission to the Industry Aligned MBA programs of College of Management and Economics Studies (CoMES), at UPES Dehradun.
- CAT: The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer-based test held by The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). This test is used as a parameter for selecting students for business administration programs. The test is conducted yearly by one of the IIMs on a rotation basis.
- CMAT: Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a computer-based test held by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), India. It is a national-level admission test to select suitable students for admission in all management programs approved by AICTE.
- XAT: Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a pan-India pen and paper-based management aptitude test, conducted yearly by Xavier School of Management, Xavier Labor Relations Institute (XLRI) - Jamshedpur. The scores of XAT are used by more than 100 institutes for admission to MBA, PGDM, and other management courses.
- NMAT: The NMAT by GMAC™ is a computer-based test organized by the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited (GMGC), a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
- GMAT: The Graduate Management Admission Test is a computer adaptive test held to assess the student's analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills in written English for use in admission to management programs.
- MAT: Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national-level entrance examination exclusively for management studies. The test scores of MAT are used for admission to MBA, PGDM and allied management programs. The exam is held by All India Management Association (AIMA) and more than 600 B-Schools accept MAT exam scores. MAT is held four times in a given year: February, May, September and December
MBA in Hospitality Management: Top Institutes
Listed below are some of the top institutes offering the course MBA in Hospitality Management in the country along with the corresponding locations and fees charged.
|Name||City||Fees per annum in INR|
|Arihant College of Hotel and Tourism Management||Pune||52K|
|Dr. YSR National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management||Hyderabad||1.39L|
|Himalayan University||Papum Pare||22K|
|Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management||Gwalior||1.55L|
|Shivalik Institute of Paramedical Technology||Chandigarh||1.2L|
|Sun International Institute for Technology and Management||Hyderabad||1.55L|
|Swami Vivekananda Institute of Engineering and Technology||Patiala||1.63L|
|Veer Narmad South Gujarat University||Surat||21.2K|
MBA in Hospitality Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Organizational Theory & Management||Financial Management|
|Marketing Management||Customer Relationship Management|
|Quantitative Applications in Management||Marketing Research & Report Preparation|
|Economic Analysis||Business Environment & Law|
|Accounting for Management||Food Science & Dietetic Management|
|Computer Applications||Hospitality & Tourism Management|
|Food & Beverage Management & Control||Principles of Operation Management|
|Business Communication I||Business Communication II|
|Behavioural Science I||Behavioural Science II|
|Foreign Language I: French, German, Spanish, Japanese & Chinese||Foreign Language II: French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Strategic Management||Management in Action-Social, Economic & Ethical Issues|
|Facility Planning, Design & Management||Total Quality Management|
|Accommodation Management||Marketing of Services|
|Front Office Management||Public Relations & Corporate Images|
|Event & Conference Management||Recruitment, Selection, Training & Development|
|Hospitality Law||Advertising & Sales Promotions|
|Brand Management||Service Operation Management|
|Business Communication III||Business Communication IV|
|Behavioural Science III||Behavioural Science IV|
|Foreign Language III: French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese||Foreign Language IV: French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese|
|Summer Project (Evaluation)||Term Paper & Internship (Evaluation)|
MBA in Hospitality Management: Career Prospects
Some of the popular avenues open to postgraduates of MBA in Hospitality Management are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Food & Beverage Manager||They are responsible for the overall operation for the restaurant. These managers hire staff, maintain daily record, purchase food and stock and make sure everyone is available and attentive. They take care of kitchen safety issues and comply to health standards.||5-7 lacs|
|Finance Manager||The typical duties of a Finance Manager includes reviewing financial reports, overseeing accounts and preparing reports and financial forecasts based on the same. They also investigate and chalk out ways to improve profitability and scan markets for business opportunities.||3-4 lacs|
|Lodging Manager||A Lodging Manager is the one who oversees the lodging establishments under his administration. A Lodging Manager can also be in charge of seeing well-known hotel chain or independently owned hotel for the experience they possess in the field of hospitality. They can also be managing a luxury spa-resort or campground to take care of the various activities taking place. A lodging manager is accountable for the overall operation of their facility.||4-5 lacs|
|Restaurant Manager||A Restaurant Manager recruits, trains and supervises staff to work according to the norms of the restaurant. He has to manage budgets and plan menus that suit the taste of its customers. He has to ensure compliance with the licensing and hygiene standards of the restaurant and abide by all the health and safety legislation or set guidelines.||6-7 lacs|
|Casino Manager||A Casino Manager organizes, plans and directs all the gaming operations in process in a casino. Casino managers also have additional duties like hiring and firing of staff. He plans the scheduling of activities and trains personnel to act accordingly.||4-5 lacs|
|Cruise Director||These directors oversee the musicians, performers, stage managers, crew, staff and lighting at the cruise. They communicate with the dining crew, deck operators, the captain and the hospitality and acts as a point of contact for all these. He is responsible for keeping everything on schedule.||6-8 lacs|
|Concierge||A concierge works in a hotel or resort where his job is to assist guests. He performs various tasks like making restaurant reservations, keeping luggage at place, booking hotels, arranging for conveyance, and other miscellaneous activities.||1-3 lacs|
|Travel Agent||They book transportation, lodging and tickets for travel enthusiasts. They plan entertainment activities for individuals, groups and families who wish to go for travelling. They give advices on destinations spots, trip itineraries and often make travel arrangements themselves.||2-5 lacs|