BBA in Event Management is a 3-year undergraduate course in management. Event management is one of the most popular and fastest growing industries. Events could include:
- Musical Shows
- Fashion & Celebrity Shows
- Film Awards
- Political Rallies, etc.
Event Management can be summed up as:
- Execution of an event.
The course includes components such as:
- examining the complexities of the brand.
- devising the event concept.
- distinguishing the targeted audience.
- planning the logistics.
- coordinating the technical parts of an event.
BBA Event Management is also considered one of the Strategic Marketing and Communication Tools by organizations as it is a tool to communicate with potential clients.
The minimum eligibility for pursuance of the course is the successful completion of the 10+2 level of education, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%, with Commerce/Mathematics as the main subjects of study.
Such graduates are hired in capacities such as:
- Public Relations Executive/Manager
- Promotion Executive/Manager
- Marketing Executive/Manager
- Brand Development Executive/Manager
- Designing Executive/Manager
- Administration Executive/Manager
- Production Executive/Manager
- Birthday Party Anchor
- Voice Artists
- Event Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Printing Executive/Manager, etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 5000 and 2 Lacs for a span of 3 years.
The starting monthly salary offered to such professionals in India ranges between INR 10,000 and 15,000, increasing with experience and skillset.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Event Management)
- BBA/BBM in Delhi-NCR
- BBA/BBM in Maharashtra
- BBA/BBM in Chennai
- BBA/BBM in Uttar Pradesh
- BBA/BBM in Telangana
BBA in Event Management: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System/Year wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate with Commerce/Mathematics as main subjects of study|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on counselling after qualification of entrance test|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 20 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Cox and Kings, Cineyug Entertainment, E-Factor, DNA Networks Pvt Ltd, Fountainhead, Sercon, Percept D Mark, Sita Conferences, TCI Consultancy Services and ‘e’ Events, Tafcon Group, Wiz craft International Entertainment Pvt Ltd, Top notch media and production houses, 360 Degrees, Wizcraft, Zee Tv, CNBC Tv, DNA Network, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Weddings, Birthday parties, Talent hunt and reality shows, Fashion and cultural shows, Academic and sports meets, Religious functions, Corporate event, Conferences, Software Companies, , Newspaper Houses, Hotel, Travel and Hospitality Industries, Non-Profit Organizations, Political Parties, Event Management Consultancy, Advertising Agencies, Public Relations Firms, and such.|
|Job Positions||Public Relations Executive/Manager, Promotion Executive/Manager, Marketing Executive/Manager, Brand Development Executive/Manager, Designing Executive/Manager, Administration Executive/Manager, Production Executive/Manager, Birthday Party Anchor, Voice Artists, Event Manager, Event Coordinator, Printing Executive/Manager, among others.|
BBA in Event Management: What is it About?
BBA in Event management is one of the most popular and fastest growing industries. Students enrolled to the course are imparted an advanced understanding of:
- Event accounting
- Event organizing
- Sponsorship skills
- Modern event administration
- PC application
- Corporate correspondence
- Brand administration
- Venue administration
- Event catering
- Project administration
- components of advertising and coordination in orchestrating events such as:
- sports games
The course offers specialization in:
- management, marketing
- advertising, presentation event catering
- venue management, etc.
Top Institutes offering BBA in Event Management
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name of Institute||City|| Average Fees|
|Jain University||Bangalore||INR 1,45,000|
|Doon Business School||Dehradun||INR 1,32,000|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University||Jaipur||INR 77,938|
|VELS University||Chennai||INR 99,400|
|St Joseph's College of Commerce||Bangalore||INR 85,800|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 3,53,000|
|IIKM Business School||Chennai||INR 1,53,000|
|Mewar University||Chittorgarh||INR 55,500|
|St. Teresa's College||Ernakulam||INR 22,000|
|Sobhasaria Engineering College||Sikar||INR 71,800|
|Gems B School||Bangalore||INR 1,11,000|
|Sanskriti University||Mathura||INR 50,500|
|Mm Institute of Management||Ambala||INR 65,686|
|Christ Institute of Management||Rajkot||INR 32,000|
|Sunshine Group of Institutions||Rajkot||INR 41,400|
|IFIM College||Bangalore||INR 2,00,000|
|Bachelor School of Management||Meerut||INR 46,000|
|Alliance School of Business||Bengaluru||INR 1,50,000|
|Institute of Business Management And Research||INDORE||INR 52,000|
|Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce||Pune||INR 1,14,000|
Eligibility for BBA in Event Management
Listed below are the minimum criteria of eligibility that interested candidates need to fulfil in order to apply for the course.
- 10+2 education completed in the Science stream from a recognized educational Board.
- Preferably, Commerce subject as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
BBA in Event Management: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
Some such entrance tests conducted in the country for admission to the course are:
- Dayanand Sagar Admission Test (DSAT)
- Sharda University Admission Test (SUAT)
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam (KIITEE)
- CMR University Admission Test (CMRUAT)
- ITM National Entrance and Scholarship Test (ITM NEST)
- Sri Padampat Singhania Admission Test (SPSAT)
- Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test (BVP CET)
- National Test for Programs After Twelfth (NPAT)
- Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (BUMAT)
- Under Graduate Aptitude Test-AIMA (UGAT-AIMA)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Management (BUMAT)
- Gitam Online Test (GOT)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU CET BBA)
- Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (AUMAT)
Latest Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Event Management) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Dravidian University UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- Noorul Islam University UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- MPKV B.Sc, B.Tech and BBA Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result, Fees
- FLAME University Pune BBA, BA and B.Sc. Admission 2019: Courses, placement, Fees
BBA in Event Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Management Process||Organizational Behavior|
|Business Communication||Advertising Management for Services|
|Financial Accounting||Economics for Executives|
|Environmental Studies||Value Education - Human Rights|
|Semester III||Semester III|
|Marketing Management||Human Resource Management|
|Introduction To Event Management & PR||Event Cost Accounting & Finance Management|
|Event Management Planning||Event Marketing & Sponsorship|
|Event Production Process||PC Software (MS Office) Theory|
|Skill based Subject-I Communication Skills I (Practical)||PC Software (MS Office) Practical|
|Women Rights||Special Events (Wedding Planning & Live Events)|
|-||Communication Skills II (Practical)|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Event Team & Crew Management||Entrepreneurship and Project Management|
|Event Resource Management||Public Relations|
|Brand Management||Media Management|
|Event Hospitality, Law & Permissions||Tourism Marketing|
|Special Events (MICE & Corporate Events)||Project Work & Viva-Voce|
|Skill based Subject-III Campus to Corporate (Practical)||Skill based Subject-IV Soft Skills for Business (Practical)|
|-||Extension Activities @ Training Reports|
BBA in Event Management: Career Prospects
An Event Manager is an expert who designs and executes occasions.
Candidates can find lucrative job opportunities in:
- organizations, organizing and hosting events.
- event-management, nationally and internationally.
- Public Relations, advertising and media houses.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Public Relations Executive||Public Relations Executives are in charge of promoting, managing, maintaining, and overseeing the public visibility of the individual, association, product, or administration they represent. They work with customers, organization, officials to decide the correct attention-related goals.||4,84,604|
|Promotion Manager||Promotion Managers plan, direct, or arrange advertising policies and projects or deliver insurance materials, for example, collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or giveaways. They role is to make additional interest for the purchase of the product or administration for a division, a whole association, or on an account-basis.||6,44,431|
|Marketing Executive||Marketing Executives work with various representatives, for instance, market research, promoting, generation, deals and appropriation staff. They are also responsible for examining demand and competition, and investigating price.||2,42,075|
|Brand Development Manager||Brand Development Managers work for all parts of an organizations on a daily basis for the business. They are fundamentally in charge of developing highly effective marketing plans through a profound comprehension of the customer and the brand's objective market, which thusly, augments the brand's long-term potential.||9,14,699|
|Design Managers||Design Managers have the duty of managing design or graphics teams and departments. They are to a great degree inventive, imaginative, and innovative. Such Managers frequently team up on projects with their associates, delegate tasks, and check for quality and consistency.||1,028,270|