B.B.A in Tourism and Travel Management is a 3-year full time undergraduate course, the minimum eligibility for which is the successful completion of the 10+2 level of education completed from a recognized educational Board, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
The program is spread over 3 years, and divided into 6 semesters of 6 months each.
Admission to the course is based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level, or in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of Personal Interview.
The course is best suited for those who are interested in seeking a career in the travel and tourism, and transportation industry, which is about:
- Travel Management
- Tourism Development
- Environment and Tourism
- Inter-cultural communication, etc.
Check Related Courses
The program involves components of study such as:
- functioning of the travel and tourism industry in a developing country like India.
- current affairs, and the principles and issues relating to the sustainability and social responsibility within tourism.
- global tourism, its effects, and its developments.
- As tourism is an industry which will only grow with time with the discovery of new tourist destinations, the candidate must be aware of the dynamic nature of travel and tourism within the modern society.
- risk of ecological and environmental damage with growing tourism in different parts of the country.
Such graduates are typically hired in capacities such as:
- Front Office Executive
- Lobby Manager
- Tour Operator
- Tour Operation Manager
- Transport Officer
- Travel Executive
- Travel Agent
- Operations Executive
- Information Assistant
- Visa Executive, etc.
Popular areas of recruitment include:
- Food Industry Forts/Resorts
- Hospitality Industry
- Hotels and Allied Service Industries
- Tour Operators
- Travel Agencies
- Immigration and Customs Services
- Transportation and Cargo Companies, etc.
The average fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 1,000 to 2.55 lakhs.
The average annual salary offered to such professionals in India ranges between INR 2 and 15 lakhs, increasing with experience and expertise.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Tourism and Travel Management)
- BBA/BBM in Delhi-NCR
- BBA/BBM in Maharashtra
- BBA/BBM in Chennai
- BBA/BBM in Uttar Pradesh
- BBA/BBM in Telangana
B.B.A. in Tourism and Travel Management: Course Highlights
|Eligibility||10+2, preferably with Commerce subjects, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on counselling after qualification of entrance test|
|Course Fee||INR 1000 to 2.55 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 and 15 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Food Industry Forts/ Resorts, Hospitality Industry, Hotels and Allied Service Industries, Railways, Tour Operators, Travel Agencies, Immigration and Customs Services, Transportation and Cargo Companies, etc.|
|Job Positions||Front Office Executive, Lobby Manager, Tour Operator, Tour Operation Manager, transport Officer, Travel Executive, Travel Agent, Operations Executive, Information Assistant, Visa Executive, and such.|
B.B.A. in Tourism and Travel Management: What is it About?
The program is designed to offer advanced lessons to the eligible candidates in:
- functioning of the travel and tourism industry in the modern society.
- principles of management.
- fundamentals of travel and tourism.
- Indian cultural heritage.
- organizational behaviour.
- Indian economy.
- business laws.
- both vocational and academic skills and knowledge relevant to the industry.
- economic realities and business and taxation laws on both national and international levels.
- Concepts involved in international tourism.
- ecological, environmental aspects related to the development of tourism.
- accounting and computer relevant in managerial jobs.
Interested graduates of the course may pursue advanced studies in the discipline by way of MBA in Travel and Tourism, and such.
B.B.A in Tourism and Travel Management: Who should opt?
Ideal candidates for the course would possess:
- quick decision-making skills.
- basic managerial skills.
- flexibility to work with and in a team.
- good communication skills.
- organized and amiable behaviour while dealing with clients.
- awareness of current affairs.
- problem-solving abilities, etc.
Top Institutes offering B.B.A in Tourism and Travel Management
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India which offer the course:
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees in INR|
|Achariya School of Tourism and Hotel Management||Puducherry||-|
|C.Z. Patel College of Business and Management||Gujarat||1,29,00 lakhs|
|Goa Salesian Society’s Don Bosco College||Goa||3,00,000|
|Delhi Institute of Rural Development||Delhi||2,38,500|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||Delhi||4,00,000|
|Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management||Maharashtra||1,16,667|
|Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management||Gwalior||2,54,500|
|Munnar Catering College||Trivandrum||2,25,000|
|National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management||Hyderabad||90,000|
|Tagore Arts College||Pondicherry||2.5 lakhs|
|St. Xavier’s College||Goa||-|
|Rosary College of Commerce and Arts||Goa||1.46 lakhs|
|Swami Sarvanad Institute of Engineering Technology and Science||Punjab||2.8 lakhs|
|Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Arts College||Puducherry||4,00,000|
|University of Lucknow||Lucknow||-|
|Sharaf Arts and Science College||Kerala||54,000|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Rajkeeya Mahavidyalay||Andaman and Nicobar||2.5 lakhs|
|GIBS Business School||Bangalore||83,333|
Eligibility for B.B.M. in Tourism and Travel Management
Listed below are the minimum criteria of eligibility that interested candidates need to fulfil in order to apply for the course.
- 10+2 education completed, preferably in the Commerce stream, from a recognized educational Board.
- Preferably, Commerce subject as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
B.B.M. in Tourism and Travel Management: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
Some such universities that conduct entrance tests in the country for admission to the course are:
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Swami Sarvanand Institute of Engineering Technology and Science, Punjab.
Latest Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Tourism and Travel Management) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Dravidian University UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- Noorul Islam University UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- MPKV B.Sc, B.Tech and BBA Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result, Fees
- FLAME University Pune BBA, BA and B.Sc. Admission 2019: Courses, placement, Fees
B.B.M. in Tourism and Travel Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Principles of Management||Business Organization|
|Business Economics I||Business Economics II|
|Business mathematics||Quantitative Techniques and Operation Research in Management|
|Computer Fundamentals I||Database Management System|
|Financial Accounting||Cost Accounting|
|Personality Development and Communication Skills||Personality Development and Communication Skills II|
|Computer Lab||DBMS Lab|
|Fundamentals of Travel and Tourism||Indian Cultural Heritage: Perspective for Tourism|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Organizational Behaviour||Human Resource Management|
|Indian Economy||Business Environment|
|Marketing Management||Marketing Research|
|Computer Application I||Computer Application II|
|Management Accounting||Business Laws|
|Personality Development and Communication Skills III (Minor Projects and Presentations)||Taxation Laws|
|Management of Travel Agency||Computer Application Lab II|
| -||Ecology, Environment, and Tourism|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Values and Ethics in Business||Trends in Travel Tourism and Laws|
|Sales & Customer Relationship Management||Travel Planning and Evaluation|
|Foreign Language I (French I)||Entrepreneurship Development|
|Management of Information System||International Business management|
|Financial Management||Project report and Viva Voce|
|Summer Training Report and Viva Voce||Foreign language II (French II)|
|Computer Training Lab||Air Ticketing and Foreign Exchange Management|
|Marketing in Service Industry- Airport, Travel, Tour and Hotel.||-|
B.B.M. in Tourism and Travel Management: Career Prospects
Owing to the wide-scale development of the tourism industry in the country, the field is fast opening up new career prospects for candidates with a knack for travelling.
Starting from International Affairs to Indian Economy, the syllabus of the course covers the spectrum of both national and international travel and tourism industry, thereby affording it a global scope.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Front Office Executive||Front Office Executives are responsible for welcoming, greeting, and catering to the guests and showing them to their rooms (in case of hotels), proper management of keys, hospitality staff, etc.||1.83 lakhs|
|Lobby Manager||Lobby Managers are responsible for monitoring the Front Office shifts, assisting and leading the staff, providing required service to the guests, and maintaining a professional environment at all times.||2.63 lakhs|
|Tour Operation Manager||Tour Operation Managers are responsible for planning and organizing holidays with tourist groups from all over the country/world, providing excellent service, and arranging tour guides, etc.||1.75 lakhs|