Bachelor in Hospital Administration or BHA is a 3-year full time undergraduate course, the minimum eligibility for which is 10+2 level of education in Biology with a minimum aggregate score of 50%. Admission to the course is based on counselling after clearing entrance tests which vary for different institutes. Some of them are:
- Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT)
- YU BHA
The average tuition fees charged by some of the top institutes for Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA] course ranges between INR 1 to INR 3 lacs for a span of three years. Some of the reputed colleges offering Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA] are:
- Geetanjali University
- Career Point University
- Alvas Engineeering College
- Padamshree Group of Institutions
- National Institute of Medical Sciences
- Amity Institute Of Hospital Administration
- Dayananda Sagar College of Hospital Administration
Successful graduates of the course can pursue jobs opportunities in industries like Institute of liver and biliary sciences, Max healthcare institute Ltd, Dr. D.Y. PATIL hospital and research center, Fortis healthcare Ltd, Cuttack Hospital Pvt Ltd, Kamineni hospitals Pvt Ltd, Jindal nature care institute Bengaluru, Aditya Birla Group, Technip and Medtronic etc.
Major job profiles and designations for these graduates are Hospital Administrators, Blood Bank Administrator, HR Recruiter, Health Insurance Specialist, Social and Community Service Managers, Practice Manager, Administrator for Public Care Health Facility and Administrator for Medical Equipment Manufacturer etc.
The average salary offered to graduates of Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA] course is around INR 3 to17 Lacs but this can be higher on the basis of experience and other factors.
Top Colleges for Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA]
- BBA/BBM in Delhi-NCR
- BBA/BBM in Maharashtra
- BBA/BBM in Chennai
- BBA/BBM in Uttar Pradesh
- BBA/BBM in Telangana
Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA]: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Eligibility||10+2 with science subjects|
|Admission Process||Based on counselling after clearing entrance test|
|Course Fee||INR 1 to 3 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 17 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Institute of liver and biliary sciences, Max healthcare institute Ltd, DR. D.Y. PATIL hospital and research center, Fortis healthcare Ltd, Cuttack Hospital Pvt Ltd, Kamineni hospitals Pvt Ltd, Jindal nature care institute Bengaluru, Aditya Birla Group, Technip, Medtronic and others such.|
|Job Positions||Hospital Administrators, Blood Bank Administrator, HR Recruiter, Health Insurance Specialist, Social and Community Service Managers, Practice Manager, Administrator for Public Care Health Facility, Administrator for Medical Equipment, Manufacturer etc.|
Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA]: What is it about?
Bachelor in Hospital Administration (BHA) program is aimed at preparing healthcare professionals to future leaders who can effectively respond to the dynamic and ever changing healthcare industry. You will have regular contact with patients, community members, physicians, nurses, vendors, trustees, and organizational staff.
Managers in the healthcare sector have varying responsibilities, qualifications, salary range, and work hours. The main objective of the course is to enable the candidates to:
- Evaluate the management, growth and development issues faced by hospital managers
- Review and evaluate services using concepts of organization and structure, methods of planning and managing human, financial, material resources etc.
- Analyze and develop hospital policies in the relevant local and national context
- Understand the principles of good governance and professional ethics
- Communicate effectively, work in groups, set priorities and manage workload effectively
As with other management positions, healthcare administrators must supervise people, solve problems, and make critical decisions quickly.
While enrolled in Bachelor's degree program in healthcare administration, students learn about the various mechanisms that affect the day-to-day operations of healthcare centers, including staffing and training, accounting, quality management, and human resources. Candidates are encouraged to complete an internship or work study program to gain job experience.
Top Institutes Offering Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA]
Given below is a list of top institutes along with its location, average annual fees offering the course.
|Name of Institute||City||Average Annual Fees|
|Geetanjali University||Udaipur||INR 2 Lakh(course)|
|Padamshree Group of Institutions||Bangalore||INR 1.5 Lakh (course)|
|Amity Institute Of Hospital Administration||Gulbarga||INR 3 Lakh (course)|
|Alvas Engineeering College||Moodubidire||INR 2.5 Lakh(course)|
|National Institute of Medical Sciences||Bangalore||INR 1 Lakh(course)|
|Career Point University||Kota (Raj.)||INR 30,000 (course)|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Hospital Administration||Bangalore||INR 2.2 Lakh (course)|
|AIHMS||Delhi||INR 2.5 Lakh (course)|
|Yenepoya University|| -||INR 2.5 Lakh (course)|
Eligibility for Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA]
Interested aspirants who wish to pursue Bachelors in Hospital Administration (BHA) course must fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- 10+2 level of education in Science stream
- Biology as the main subject
- Minimum of 50 per cent marks at 10+2 level
|Top Health Care Management Colleges In Maharashtra ||Top Health Care Management Colleges In Karnataka||Top Health Care Management Colleges In Delhi||Top Health Care Management Colleges In Tamil Nadu|
Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA]: Admission Process
Admission to Bachelor of Hospital Administration (BHA) course is generally based on marks obtained at 10+2 level along with general entrance test, followed by group discussion and/or personal interview.
Two national level entrance tests which are conducted for admission to the course are:
- Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT)
- YU BHA
Latest Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA] Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Dravidian University UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- Noorul Islam University UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- MPKV B.Sc, B.Tech and BBA Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result, Fees
- FLAME University Pune BBA, BA and B.Sc. Admission 2019: Courses, placement, Fees
Bachelor in Hospital Administration [BHA]: Syllabus and Course Description
- Principles of Management
- Medical Terminology
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Hospital & Health System(History & Evolution)
- Hospital Operation Management
- Business Statistics
- Project Management
- Health Economics
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
- Hospital Hazards & Disaster Management
- Bio Statistics (Operation Research & Research Methodology)
- Hospital Medical Records Management
- Materials Planning and Management
- Epidemiology & Public Health Administration
- Hospital Core Services
- Strategic Management
- Management Information System
|Semester 5|| Semester 6|
- Quality in Health Care
- Human Resource Management
- Hospital Support & Utility Services
- Financial Management
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Organizational Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Hospital Related Law
Remuneration of a Hospital Administrator / Manager depends on the type of organization she/he works for. Large corporate organizations pay a lucrative amount as salary. Lecturers in hospital management can expect a salary of around INR 15, 000 per month. Some other job profiles associated with the course include: Professional Hospital administrators, Assistant Hospital Administrators, Medical Directors, Hospital Superintendents, Nursing Directors, Healthcare service manager, Medical service manager, Healthcare administrator, Assistant hospital administrator, Health information manager. Hospital department head and various such.