MS in Radio Diagnosis is a 2-year full-time post graduate course divided into 4 semesters. The course focuses on the Radio Diagnosis sector and its many sub-divisions.
The program Radiology is a division of medicine, which uses imaging technologies such as x-rays, MRIs and CT scans for diagnosing as well as treating diseases. Course deals with allergic contrast reactions & be aware of resuscitation methods and helps to acquired good Basic knowledge in the various sub-specialties of radiology such as Neuro-radiology, GI-radiology, Uro-radiology, Vascular-radiology, Musculoskeletal, Interventional radiology, Emergency radiology, Paediatric radiology and Mammography.
Radiology specialists and sonographers fall inside the wide scope of a radiography career. Utilizing radiation as x-rays, and ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging, radiographers assess, treat patients and diagnose for different type of injuries and diseases. Frequently part of a medicinal or surgical group, radiographers are regularly associated with initial patient evaluation and testing, providing diagnostic and evidentiary information to doctors.
Radiology technicians (RT) and technologists (RTL) are generally in charge for preparing and safely positioning patients in order to get the most accurate images. Tasks for a radiology technician may extend from helping a radiologist with cutting edge arrangement and testing to authoritative undertakings, for example, organizing and sorting out work routines and maintaining patient records.
Top Institutes that offer the course are:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education And Research, Pondicherry
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
Some of the top entrance tests conducted for admission to the course in India are:
The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing the course is a MBBS degree from a recognized university with not less than 50% of marks.
Admission to the course depends on the student's performance in an relevant entrance test, or merit acquired in the last qualifying exam.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 10,000 to 15 lacs for a span of 2 years.
Successful graduates of the course can expect anything between INR 3 to 20 lacs as annual salary in the industry, increasing with experience and skillset.
Top Colleges for Master of Surgery [MS] (Radio Diagnosis)
- MS in Delhi-NCR
- MS in Maharashtra
- MS in Chennai
- MS in Uttar Pradesh
- MS in Telangana
M.S. in Radio Diagnosis: Course Highlights
Given below are some of the main highlights of the course.
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||MBBS with 50%|
|Admission Process||AIIMS, AIPGMEE, NIPER, JIPMER|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||HLL Life Care Limited, Metro Hospital, Fortis Hospital, Max Healthcare, Holy Family Hospital, Sant Parmanand Hospital, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Maharaja Agrasen Hospital etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Research & Medical, Colleges and Universities, Government Hospitals, Private Clinics, Medical Writings, Medical Labs etc.|
|Top Job Profiles||Radiologist Assistant, X-Ray Technician, Ultrasound Technician, Radiologic Technologist, Demonstrator, Professor Associate, Senior Resident, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Radiologist, Medical Imaging Technologist etc.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 15,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3 to 20,00,000|
M.S. in Radio Diagnosis: What is it all About?
As an academic discipline, Radio Diagnosis involves the study of Radiology. It is a multidisciplinary radiology course, which draws from the sub-disciplines of Radio Diagnosis including:
- Fundamentals of electromagnetic radiation, characteristic properties of X-Rays, X-Ray production, units of radiation, X-ray equipments, radiation measurement, X-Ray films, other X-Ray appliances, intensifying screens, dark room equipments and procedures, cine fluorography, II TV, tomography.
- Diseases of the chest wall, pleura and airways; diaphragm, pulmonary infections; pulmonary neoplasms; pulmonary vasculature; diffuse lung disease; chest trauma; mediastinal disease; post- operative lung and X-Rays in intensive care.
- Diseases and disorders of mouth, salivary glands, pharynx, esophagus, small intestine, stomach, large intestine, acute abdomen, peritoneum and mesentery, diseases of omentum, abdominal trauma using conventional and newer imaging methods like MRI, CT, DSA, isotope studies.
- Imaging : conventional, CT, ultrasound, MRI, angiography; of various diseases and disorders of genitourinary system. These includes : traumatic, neoplastic, congenital, inflammatory, calculus and miscellaneous conditions.
- Disorders and diseases of cardiovascular system including congenital conditions and the role of imaging by conventional, Echo, ultrasound, color-Doppler, MRI, CT, angiography and radionuclide studies. It also includes interventional procedures e.g; embolization, balloon angioplaty etc.
- Common disorders and diseases of numerous organ systems covering congenital, traumatic, inflammatory, neoplastic and other miscellaneous conditions, using both conventional and newer imaging methods.
After this course candidates can find jobs in General and Multi-specialty hospitals-both government hospitals and corporate hospitals, specialty clinics, Polyclinics, Nursing homes, Modern clinics for the most part connected to vast industrial facilities, Medical services of the Army Navy and Air force setting up own practice Health care centre’s controlled by government and private associations in different locale central station residential communities and even villages Medical colleges pharmaceutical organizations as advisors forensic sciences.
Radiologist assistants are skilled, registered radiographers who have obtained professional education and certification that qualifies them to serve as radiologist extenders. They primary work under the supervision of a radiologist to give patient care in the diagnostic imaging environment.
Other job duties for graduates of the discipline may involve:
- assess patients and their clinical prerequisites to work out which radiographic strategies to utilize;
- perform a scope of radiographic examinations on patients to deliver great pictures;
- take duty regarding radiation safety in your work region, including checking gear for glitches and blunders;
- oversee referrals to guarantee patients get a radiation measurements as low as sensibly possible;
Also, such professionals can find jobs in the both the private and government sector in the country. After passing the course, they have many radio dignosis industry jobs as they can work as Radiology Technician, Radiology Assistant, Radiologist, Radiology Technologist/Radiographer, Radiology Nurse, Ultrasound Technician / Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, MRI Technician, CT Tech / CAT Scan Technologist / CT Scan Technologist etc.
Top Institutes offering M.S. in Radio Diagnosis
Given below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|NAME OF INSTITUTE||CITY||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEES|
|All India Institute Of Medical Sciences||New Delhi||INR 1,944|
|Christian Medical College||Vellore||INR 1,17,000|
|Kasturba Medical College||Mangalore||INR 12,50,000|
|Jawaharlal Institute Of Post Graduate Medical Education And Research||Pondicherry||INR 3,810|
|Madras Medical College||Chennai||INR 13,667|
|Grant Medical College||Mumbai||INR 82,400|
|King George's Medical University||Lucknow||INR 39,067|
|Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College||Mumbai||INR 86,825|
|Christian Medical College||Ludhiana||INR 5,85,000|
|Osmania Medical College||Hyderabad||INR 66,666|
|Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College||Pune||INR 72,650|
|Institute Of Post Graduate Medical Education And Research||Kolkata||INR 10,000|
Eligibility for M.S. in Radio Diagnosis
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- The basic qualification needed for M.S. in Cardiothoracic Surgery is M.B.B.S. degree with minimum 50% marks from any Institute approved by Medical Council of India and an entrance teat the time of admission.
M.S. in Radio Diagnosis: Admission Process
The admission is purely based on the merit and the medical colleges and universities conduct common entrance examination for the candidates. Each year numerous colleges, universities and institutions conduct the Post-Graduation medical entrance examinations for MS. The qualified candidates from the written examination will be called for the counselling and interview process.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance.
Listed below are some of the top entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
Latest Master of Surgery [MS] (Radio Diagnosis) Admission Alert
- Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences (NTRUHS) MD, MS and MDS Admission 2019: Courses, Dates, Placement, Fees
- CMC Ludhiana PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham PG Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Admission 2019
- Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeswara (JSS) University MD/MS/MDS Admissions 2019
- Kolhan University PG Admission 2019: Student Login, Application Form, Admit Card, Result, Eligibility Criteria
- Sri Ramachandra University MD and MS Admissions 2019
M.S. in Radio Diagnosis: Syllabus and Course Description
A year - wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below.
|YEAR I||YEAR II|
|Basic Physics & Medical Physics & General||General Radiology|
|Radiology – Concurrently||Ultra sonogram|
|General Medicine Department||C. T. Scan|
|General Surgery Department||Nuclear Medicine|
| -||Paediatric & Obst. & Gyn|
M.S. in Radio Diagnosis: Career Prospects
The career opportunities in the field of radiography are extremely broad. The demand of radiographers has been expanded recently, with the development in innovations and technologies the medical science made a new and wide offers in radiology. In India, the radiographers can work both in private & government hospitals. Quantities of employments are accessible on part time and full-time work.
Radiology field is extending incomprehensibly in the sector of medicine. Because of development in computer technology, this field gets the preferred standpoint as it is firmly connected to modern imaging.
Some of the top professional jobs open to such graduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|JOB POSITION||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY|
|Radiographer||A Radiographer works to assess, diagnose, and treat patients for a variety of injuries and diseases using radiation in the form of x-rays, magnetic resonance imaging, and ultrasound.||INR 12,00,000|
|X-Ray Technician||X-Ray Technician works to utilize versatile X-Ray hardware to lead X-rays in patients; hospital rooms, in clinics or medical centres; radiology offices or in emergency rooms.||INR 11,00,000|
|Ultrasound Technician||Ultrasound technicians picture organs and different structures inside a patient's body utilizing equipment that depends on sound wave innovation. The ultrasound pictures or scans they captured are utilized to monitor medical conditions and diagnose, abnormalities or diseases.||INR 3,44,040|