Diploma in Export and Import management is a basic level course in export/ import and its related areas. One can pursue the course after completing their 10+2 education. Few institutes also offer the course to 10th pass candidates based on their performance in the class 10th board examination.
Some of the popular institutes/colleges offering the diploma level course are:
- International Trade Promotion Center
- All India Institute of Management Studies
- Bhabha Institute of Management Science
- Bombay Academy of Management Studies
- Exim Business School
- Hans Institute
- Indian Institution of Export and Import Management
- International Council for Management Studies
- KC College of Management Studies
The fee for the course varies from INR 5,000 to 30,000 across various colleges and universities across the country. The variation in the fee is based on the location and type of university that is private/deemed or government.
Admissions are done mainly on merit basis that is the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in class 12th board examinations. Colleges offering the course demand a minimum of 50% marks (Relaxable for reserved category candidates) at 10+2 level in order to offer them admissions in the course.
The course is a beginner’s level certification course in the respective domain. Students are equipped with basic knowledge and managerial skills in relation to export and import functions. Students can enhance their knowledge base and managerial skills in the respective domain by going for Master’s level course in the long run. The course mainly aims at providing domain-specific knowledge and skills to the students along with the basic understanding of the same.
Diplomas in Export and Import Management pass out students can look for a variety of options in terms of their career. One can opt for a career in the domain of Exports, Imports, operation execution, international supplies etc. However, it is observed that most of the students prefer to go for a higher degree in the discipline before entering the job market.
Diploma in Export and Import Management: Course Highlights
|Course Level|| Diploma/Certification|
|Duration of the Course||1 year|
|Examination Type||Semester/Final exams at the end of year|
|Eligibility||10+2 pass out students with a minimum of 50% in class 12th board examination from any recognized board.|
|Admission Process||Merit Based/ Entrance exam based (May also look at graduation percentage)|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 and 30,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 10,000 to 15,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Trading Houses, Commodity boards, Business Consultancies, Export promotion councils|
|Job Positions||Exports Manager, Imports Manager, operations executive, international supplies manager|
Diploma in Export and Import Management: What is it about?
Exports and Imports form a crucial component of the economic cycle of any country. They are important for maintaining the fiscal well being of the country. Apart from economic prospects Exports and Imports helps a nation to build strong International relation and foreign reach. Thus, in this sense exports and imports form transactions between two nation units.
Considering this importance of the export and import cycle it is important that it is managed in a professional and effective manner. To ensure this there is a need for the qualified professionals who can stand up to the demand of this industry.
A diploma course in Export and Import management aims at providing that domain specific skill and knowledge to the candidates so that they can fulfill the demands of the industry in a professional manner.
Thus the course is focused on nurturing Export and Import management professional who are academically and technically sound to take on the challenges in practical domain.
Diploma in Export and Import Management: Top Institutes
A significant number of colleges/institutes across the country offer the diploma in Export and Import management course to candidates who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized state or central board.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|International Trade Promotion Center||Delhi||INR 80,000|
|All India Institute of Management Studies||Chennai||INR 2,800|
|Bhabha Institute of Management Science||Alwar||INR 9,000|
|Bombay Academy of Management Studies||Mumbai||INR 10,000|
|Exim Business School||Ludhiana||INR 15,000|
|Hans Institute||Delhi||INR 9,400|
|Indian Institution of Export and Import Management||Mumbai||INR 12,000|
|International Council for Management Studies||Chennai||INR 30,000|
|KC College of Management Studies||Mumbai||INR 35,000|
Diploma in Export and Import Management: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized state or central board with at least 50% (40% to 45% for reserved category candidates) of the marks.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the subject/Subjects at class 12th or equivalent level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges/institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission.
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Certain Institute grant admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET). To get admission in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
Diploma in Export and Import Management: Admission Process
Admissions to the course are based mostly on a merit-based criterion for a selection with a select few institutes/colleges going for CET based admissions.
- Students who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks (40% to 45% for reserved category students) can make application in colleges offering the course.
- Some Institutes/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission to the course hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective institute or college.
- After final allotment of seats to the candidate takes the candidates are asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
However, in most of the colleges, the admission process would be a straightforward task which would involve merit-based admission in the course.
Diploma in Export and Import Management: Syllabus and Course description
The course is divided into two semesters spanning over a duration of one year. The syllabus of the course is designed in a manner so as to teach all the basic aspects of the course to the students in a gradual manner.
The details regarding the syllabus are tabled below for your reference.
|Subjects of Study|
|EXIM Policy Framework|
|International Business Environment|
|Insurance and Inspection in foreign trade|
|International Supply Chain Management|
|Procedures and Practices in EXIM management|
|Risk Management in Import-Export Business|
|Export-Import promotional schemes in India|
Diploma in Export and Import Management: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have interest in managerial activities
- Those who have a career in the domain of International business in mind
- Those who are looking for a career as Entrepreneur
- Those aiming at career in the field of Supplies Management
Diploma in Export and Import Management: Career Prospects
Diploma in Export and Import management student has plenty of options to choose from in terms of his/her career. He/she can choose from areas like export management, Import management, operations management, International supplies etc. in terms of their career.
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where a diploma student can look for in terms of his/her career.
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Export Manager||The work involves keeping a proper record of exports related to a respective firm/organization.||INR 1.8-2 Lacs|
|Import Incharge||The work of Import Incharge involves proper inspection of imports to ensure its quality and standards.||INR 2- 2.2 Lacs|
|International supplies Logistic Manager||Job requires one to ensure smooth flow of goods across two points through the management of logistic supply chain.||INR 1.8 – 2.2 Lacs|
|Operations Executive||Operations executive is entrusted with the responsibilities of proper dispatching and procurement of the goods.||INR 1.6-2.0 Lacs|
|Custom officer||This is a Public sector job which involves inspection of imports and exports to ensure their conformance with legal procedures.||INR 3.5-4.5 Lacs|