M.Tech. in Civil Engineering is a 2-year post graduate programme in engineering. The eligibility to take admission in this course is B.E./B.Tech in Civil Engineering or equivalent examination. This course is one of the most sought-after branches in engineering and thus offered in most of the engineering colleges in India. Average tuition fees to complete this course ranges from INR 2 to 3 Lacs depending upon the type of college.
Top Institutes that offer M.Tech. in Civil Engineering course:
- IIT Kanpur
- IISc, Bangalore
- IIT Roorkee
- NIT, Karnataka
- IIT, Patna
After completing this course candidates can seek employment in the construction field with the salary package from INR 2 to 3 Lacs. There is a large scope in the construction field for civil engineers.
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering course is designed to produce professional engineers who can deal with the activities of designing and supervising of construction of various structures such as build, shape, maintain and expand societies.
After completing this course candidates will be able to construct and manage the bridge, dam, space satellite, roads, and highways. It is one of the widest areas of engineering and develops the sound engineering knowledge which is useful for candidates to construct new buildings and repair the old one.
Top Colleges for Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Civil Engineering)
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Civil Engineering) in Haryana
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Civil Engineering) in Uttar Pradesh
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Civil Engineering) in Rajasthan
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Civil Engineering) in Himachal Pradesh
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Civil Engineering) in Punjab
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering: Course Highlights
|Duration||2 years (Full- time)|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s (B.Tech.) degree in related discipline|
|Admission Process|| Entrance test or direct admission|
|Average Course Fee||INR 2 to 4.5 Lacs|
|Average Starting salary||INR 3 to 5 Lacs|
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering: What is it About?
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering is a course by which candidates can discover the extent to shape up the buildings, dams, roads, railways and repair the old one construction to develop the societies and cities.
Knowledge and study which is required to construct and manage all the buildings, transport networks, energy and water supplies can be acquired from this civil engineering course. The specialization of M.Tech. in Civil Engineering can be done in Building Technology, Construction Management, Environment Engineering, Structural Engineering and Transportation Engineering.
Who should opt for M.Tech. in Civil Engineering and what the skills required?
The candidates who love to do some kind of creativity everytime can choose this course as it the course which will not provide the limited job of 10am to 6 pm in an office. M.Tech. in Civil Engineering course will enable candidates to show up their spirit and skills of creativity and critical thinking.
To do this course successful candidates should have strong analytical skills, creativity skills, ability to evaluate projects and innovative mind set up to solve the problems with the unique solutions.
Duration of this course is 2 years full time after bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination.
Top Institutes for M.Tech. in Civil Engineering
- Indian Institute of Technology (IITs)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science
- National Institute of Technology (NITs)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU)
- College of Engineering (CET) Anna University
- Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology
Eligibility Of the Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Civil Engineering)
To get admission in M.Tech. in Civil Engineering course candidate have to fulfill the following eligibility conditions:
- B.E./B.Tech in Civil Engineering/ B. Architecture/ B. Planning or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university or board.
GATE Score, on basis of which the candidate will be shortlisted.
How to Get Admission in Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Civil Engineering)
GATE 2019 paper Pattern for Civil Engineering
Engineering Mathematics will have 13% of total marks weigh
General Aptitude will have 15% of total marks weigh
Subject questions will have rest 72% of total marks weigh
No. of Questions
Marks Per Question
1 to 5
6 to 10
1 to 25
26 to 55
Total Questions : 65
Total Marks : 100
Total Duration : 3 hours
Technical Section : 70 marks
General Aptitude: 15 marks
Engineering Mathematics : 15 marks
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Numerical Answer Question
On the Spot Admission:
There are various colleges which are offering on the spot admission facility which depends on the availability of seats and total numbers of vacancies in different streams.
If candidates who have already applied but could not get shortlisted in first, second and subsequent offers also have the option to appear before the Admission Committee at GATE Office of the Institute with all the relevant documents and fees. The students can take advantage of this additional facility to get admission.
Latest Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Civil Engineering) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
In order to get selected in this course, candidates can take entry either by entrance examination or by direct entry mode. After clearing the GATE entrance examination successfully, group discussion and personal interview will be done on the basis of which skills and abilities of candidates will be judge and he/she can be shortlisted.