B.Ed. in English is a 2-year full-time graduate certificate-level course in education.
Successful completion of graduation in a relevant discipline is the minimum criterion of eligibility for admission to the course.
Admission to the course is based on the round of counselling conducted after the candidate’s qualification of a relevant entrance test, such as that conducted by the University of Delhi.
Some of the top entrance tests conducted in India for admission to the course are:
- Allahabad University B.Ed. Admission Test 2019
- APEDCET - Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test
- DU CIE B.Ed. - Central Institute of Education Entrance Test (B.Ed.)
- HPU B.Ed. Test - Himachal Pradesh University B.Ed. Entrance Test.
The course is offered at leading Indian institutes such as:
- Delhi University
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 17,000 and 25,000 for a span of 2 years.
Successful graduates of the course can expect anything between INR 60K to 2 lacs as annual salary in the industry, increasing with experience and skillset.
Such graduates are hired in professional capacities such as:
- Assistant Professor-cum-Junior Scientist.
- Primary Teacher, Associate Professor-cum-Senior Scientist.
- Programme Assistant, Lecturer.
- Vocational Assistant, Special Education Teacher.
B.Ed. in English: Course Highlights
Tabulated below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on counselling after qualification of entrance test.|
|Course Fee||INR 17,000 to 25,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 60K to 2 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||Government and Private Schools, National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA), National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA), Educomp Solutions, Everonn Education, etc.|
|Job Positions||Assistant Professor-cum-Junior Scientist, Primary Teacher, Associate Professor-cum-Senior scientist, Programme Assistant, Lecturer, Vocational Assistant, Special Education Teacher, among others.|
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (English)
- Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (English) in Tamil Nadu
- Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (English) in Kerala
- Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (English) in Karnataka
- Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (English) in Gujarat
- Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (English) in Puducherry
B.Ed. in English: What is it About?
Students enrolled to the program are imparted advanced lessons in education, cultural values, academic, evaluation and assessment, educational psychology, holistic education, philosophy of education, etc.
Ideal candidates for the course would possess a friendly and congenial personality, and excellent communication skills.
B.Ed. in English: Top Institutes
Tabulated below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name of Institute||City||Average Annual Fees|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||Delhi||INR 19,030|
|Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education||Delhi||INR 21,433|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||Delhi|| FREE SEAT-INR 15,000 PAID SEAT- INR 45,000|
|University of Delhi||Delhi||INR 15,000|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||Delhi||INR 6,800|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||Delhi||INR 10,000|
|University of Calicut||Kerala||INR 25,000|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 29,500|
Eligibility for B.Ed. in English
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful completion of graduation (B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com.), from a recognized university.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) at the level of graduation.
B.Ed. in English: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the level of graduation.
Listed below are some of the top entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
- DU Entrance Exam for B.Ed. (CIE)
- Allahabad University of B.Ed. Admission Entrance Test
- TUEE– Tezpur University Entrance Exam
- TS EDCET– Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test
- DHSGSU Entrance Test– Dr. Harisingh Gour Central University, Sagar, MP
- EFLU Admission– English and Foreign Languages University
- CG Pre-B.Ed. – Chhattisgarh Pre-B.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Lalit Narayan Mithila University Admission
- Shivaji University BA B.Ed. Entrance Test
- JKBOPEE. B.Ed.- Jammu B.Ed. Entrance Test
- CSSET– Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test for B.Ed.
Latest Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (English) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha UG Admission 2019: Courses, Application Process, Eligibility
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha M.Ed and Ph.D Admissions 2019: Courses, Application Process, Eligibility
- MANUU B.Tech and B.Ed Admission 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Kakatiya University (KU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
B.Ed. in English: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Education in Contemporary India||Pedagogy I (any one of the 5 disciplinary streams)|
|Human Development, Diversity and Learning||Language|
|Conceptual Foundations of Education||Science|
|Gender, School and Society||Mathematics|
|Knowledge, Disciplines and School Subjects||Social Science|
|The Inclusive School||Commerce|
|Assessment for Learning||Pedagogy II (Teaching of any one subject)|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Education and Mental Health||Art, Craft and Aesthetics|
|Art Education||Critical Understanding in Education|
|Computer and Web Technologies||Understanding Communication|
|Education and Technology||Yoga|
|Environment Education||Peace Education|
|Human Rights in Education||Adolescence Education|
B.Ed. in English: Career Prospects
Successful graduates of the course are gainfully employed n job roles such as School teachers, private tutors, online tutors, education consultants, principals, vice principals, counsellors, content writers, instructors, education researchers, etc.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|JOB POSITION||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL PAY SCALE|
Primary School Teachers educate children between the ages of 5 and 12, per a prescribed curriculum to develop students’ literacy and numerical skills, and foster social, physical, and emotional growth.
They usually teach subjects such as Mathematics, English, Science, Technology, Humanities and Social Science, Arts, Health and Physical Education.
|Counsellor||Counsellors are professionals counsel and advise people suffering from emotional difficulties or those who need some basic advice in life. Such professionals guide such people professionally and personally too.||INR 2,70,000|
|Content Writer||A Content Writer is responsible for creating articles relevant across a wide variety of readers. They also manage keywords for search engines according to clients’ needs.||INR 2,54,000|