M.E. Embedded System Technologies is a 2-year Post Graduate academic certification in the domain of electro-mechanical engineering with a specialization in embedded system and automation technologies. A minimum of 50% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks at UG level is the least which almost all the institutes desire from applying candidates to fulfill the eligibility criterion.
Some of the popular colleges and universities offering the course are:
- Anna University
- SRR Engineering College
- School of Engineering and Technology
- Lovely Professional University
- Bangalore University
- Andhra University
- Kerala University
The fee for the course turns out to be between INR 50,000 to INR 2,25,000 in India. The variation in fee is based on the location and nature of university (that is government, state/private/deemed etc.).
M.E. Embedded System Technologies course admissions are done through a Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method with due consideration for merit, that is the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate at Under Graduate (UG) level. Colleges mostly grant admissions to the course based on CET mechanism and for this, they rely on the score of National level common entrance exams like GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering). However, certain institutes opt for a separate entrance exam of their own (Like BITSAT).
The course is a specialized engineering program that focuses on the development of domain-specific and industry relevant skill set among master’s level students. The orientation of the course is so, crafted that a graduate in engineering is made to learn the concepts of specialization in a gradual manner.
Post Graduates of M.E. Embedded System Technologies have a wide range of job opportunities to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to build a career with firms in Automation, Robotics, Defense manufacturing, Electronics, Communication etc. Students have the option to pursue higher studies in the domain after ME or are free to take up domain associated jobs. The average salary ranges between INR 15,000 and 22,000 a month for a fresh pass out.
Top Colleges for Master of Engineering [ME] (Embedded System Technologies)
- Master of Engineering [ME] (Embedded System Technologies) in Tamil Nadu
- ME/M.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- ME/M.Tech in Maharashtra
- ME/M.Tech in Chennai
- ME/M.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- ME/M.Tech in Telangana
M.E. Embedded System Technologies: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 50% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based (with due consideration for Merit)|
|Course Fee||Between INR 50,000 to INR 2.25 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs.15000 to 22000|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Automation, Robotics, Defense manufacturing, Electronics, Communication etc.|
|Job Position||Simulation engineer, Embedded system developer, System engineer, Team leader, Testing executive, Professor etc|
M.E. Embedded System Technologies: What is it About?
Automation and ICT tools have revolutionized the way we see our world today. Automation in its context is a hybrid of electronics and mechanical component coming together to deliver the best of technology. As a domain of electro-mechanical engineering embedded system presents a specialized platform for the combination of knowledge of electronics with that of mechanical.
To bring mechanical and electrical systems in combination there is a need for technical and practical skill and hence engineering provides that medium for synthesis of electro-mechanical amalgamation and provides us the domain of embedded systems.
Embedded systems have become an inevitable part of the modern-day industrial cycle and are termed as an essential component of the modern age of manufacturing that would have digitalization at its core. Thus, there is plenty of scope for absorption of skilled and trained manpower.
M.E. Embedded System Technologies as a sub-specialization of a hybrid domain of engineering aims at training and empowering master’s level students in theoretical and practical aspects of the subject so, that they are able to reap the benefits of potential opportunities that are emerging in the job market.
M.E. Embedded System Technologies: Top Institutes
M.E. Embedded System Technologies is offered as a master’s level engineering course by a good number of colleges/universities across the country to candidates who have passed their UG or equivalent examination from a recognized state or central University.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|University College of Engineering||Warangal||INR 10,171|
|Anna University||Madurai||INR 32,575|
|SRR Engineering College||Chennai||INR 30,925|
|Jaipur University||Jaipur||INR 85,500|
|School of Engineering and Technology||Jaipur||INR 1,05,000|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 1,25,000|
|Bangalore University||Bangalore||INR 35,000|
|Andhra University||Vizag||INR 87,571|
|Kerala University||Thiruvananthapuram||INR 25, 470|
|Easwari Engineering College||Ramapuram||INR 50,000|
M.E. Embedded System Technologies: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the B.E/B.Tech or equivalent examination in Electronics/Electrical/Electronics and Communication/Electronics and Instrumentation/Electronics and Telecommunication stream from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University.
- He/she must have obtained at least 50% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) of the marks at graduation level.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the subject/Subjects at UG level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission to M.E. Embedded System Technologies course (like work experience of few years or research and training experience).
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Most of the Institute give admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET) (like GATE). To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering M.E. Embedded System Technologies course to the students.
M.E. Embedded System Technologies: Admission Process
The process for admission into the course mostly involves a common entrance test based admission process (as seen across various Universities and colleges in the country).
- Most of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission into M.E courses (like BITSAT) or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like GATE and UPSEE. Hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for counseling cum admission process by the respective university or college.
- After counseling cum admission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for M.E. Embedded System Technologies course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering M.E. Embedded System Technologies course.
Latest Master of Engineering [ME] (Embedded System Technologies) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
M.E. Embedded System Technologies: Syllabus and Course description
The syllabus of the course is divided into 4 semesters spread over a span of two years. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects and practical modules that students are taught during the course of their post-graduation. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to embedded systems and technology so as to provide a holistic understanding of the subject to the master’s level students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so as to provide a reference to the candidates.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Mathematics||VLSI Architecture and Design|
|Digital Signal Processing||Real-Time operating systems|
|Micro Controller based system design||Embedded Networking|
|Embedded system design||Elective 2|
|Real-Time Systems||Mobile computing|
|Elective 1||Practical Lab|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Advanced Networks||Project Stage 2|
|Wireless communication||Elective 5|
|Elective 3||Report presentation|
|Project stage I||Entrepreneurship Development|
M.E. Embedded System Technologies: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have a background in engineering say Electronics/Electrical/Electronics and Communication/Electronics and Instrumentation/Electronics and Telecommunication stream.
- Those who are looking for a career in the technical domain.
- Those who are looking for a career in Indian Engineering Services.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
M.E. Embedded System Technologies: Career Prospects
M.E. Embedded System Technologies postgraduates have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work as a Simulation engineer, embedded system developer, System engineer, Team leader, Testing executive, Professor etc.
Related M.E. Embedded System Technologies courses are:
- M.E. Embedded Systems and VLSI Design
- M.E. Embedded Systems
Read about more Masters in Engineering courses
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where engineering postgraduates can look for in terms of their career.
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Embedded system developer||It is a domain-specific job that involves one to develop and design embedded system based on need and usage.||INR 3.35-3.63 Lacs|
|Simulation Engineer||The job involves virtual analysis and detection of the system/circuit before its physical implementation through the use of ICT tools.||INR 2.86-3.25 Lacs|
|Assistant Engineer||The job involves subordinate level work under the supervision and direction of the senior engineer.||INR 2.40-2.61 Lacs|
|Project lead||A project lead is the de facto head of the team of individuals working on a given project.||INR 2.83-3.24Lacs|
|Technical Content developer||A technical content developer is indulged in the task of preparation of domain-specific content for websites or ready reference modules for students.||INR 2.22-2.54 Lacs|