BBA in Logistics Management is a 3- year undergraduate course essentially covering the concepts and processes involved in logistics- related domains, such as transportation, shipment, and others.
The curriculum is designed with the aim of familiarizing students with the inner working of the business world. Students are taught to develop communication and leadership skills, and attain expertise in areas of Accounting, IT, and Management, International Trade, and Strategic Location.
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Maharashtra||Bachelor of Business Administration in Tamil Nadu||Bachelor of Business Administration in Karnataka||Bachelor of Business Administration in Uttar Pradesh|
successful graduates are hired in the shipping and transportation sectors, among others, and the average fee charged in India for the course ranges between INR 30,000 and 5 lacs for the total duration. The average annual salary offered to such professionals in India ranges between INR 3 and 10 lacs.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Logistics Management)
- BBA/BBM in Delhi-NCR
- BBA/BBM in Maharashtra
- BBA/BBM in Chennai
- BBA/BBM in Uttar Pradesh
- BBA/BBM in Telangana
BBA in Logistics Management: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Direct admission. Entrance tests in some cases.|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000 - 5 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 - 10 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Fields/Areas||Purchase/Sourcing, Vendor Development, Warehousing & Distribution, Inventory Control, Logistics Management, Operations Management, etc.\|
BBA in Logistics Management: What is it About?
The functioning of the logistics sector depends upon the combined interplay of infrastructure and technology. A recent revolutionary upsurge in e-commerce, has caused logistics- related organizations to respond timely with new innovations, so as to keep up.
BBA in Logistics Management has hence been designed to cater to these rapid advancements in Logistics Management. The program offers students the choice to pick from major and elective streams from among Accounting, Marketing, Business Management, and Business Information Systems/ Operations Management.
BBA in Logistics Management: Who Should opt?
Listed here are the skills that ideal students of the course would possess.
- Technology skills: Information technology plays a key role in the management of the supply chain and thus, it candidates seeking a career in transport management and transport planning need to be familiar with it.
- IT literacy – Proficiency in information systems and technology, their functioning, ways to improve their operational efficiency and competitiveness.
- Management Information Systems – Proficiency in application of such systems used by organizations to store data and information.
- Leadership – Clarity with respect to objectives, recognition of individual contributions of individuals.
- Communication – Competent interpersonal communication.
- Team-building – Ability to play as part of the team.
Top Institutes offering BBA in Logistics Management
Listed below are some of the top institutes offering the course in the country with the corresponding locations and fees charged by each.
|Name||City||Average Fees in INR|
|Institute of Logistics and Aviation Management - [ILAM]||Mumbai||1,25,000|
|Genteel School of Business & Economics||Pune||50,000|
|SJES College of Management Studies||Bangalore||1,50,000|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies||Dehradun||1,50,000|
|SCM Hub International Business School||Kochi||1,00,000|
|Knowledge Academy of Research and Education||Palarivattom (Kerala)||1,00,000|
|Logistics Knowledge Park (LKP)||Chennai||70,000|
Eligibility for BBA in Logistics Management
As a minimum criterion of eligibility, candidates aspiring to pursue the course need to have attained the 10+2 qualification from a recognized educational Board, with Accounts, Math, Economics and Business Studies as main subjects.
|Bachelor of Business Administration in Telangana||Bachelor of Business Administration in Madhya Pradesh||Bachelor of Business Administration in West Bengal||Bachelor of Business Administration in Orissa|
BBA in Logistics Management: Admission Process
For admission to the course, eligible candidates need to have passed a relevant entrance examination, conducted at an of university, State and national levels, as part of the general admission procedure. Subsequently, qualifying candidates are needed to qualify rounds of group discussion and personal interview as part of the counseling procedure.
Some of the major entrance examinations conducted in India for admission to the course are as follows:
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (GGSIPU CET)
- All India Management Association Undergraduate Aptitude Test (AIMA UGAT)
- Joint Management Entrance Test
- GITAM University Admission Test
Additionally, institutes may also conduct rounds of Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for assessing candidates.
Latest Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Logistics Management) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Dravidian University UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- Noorul Islam University UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- MPKV B.Sc, B.Tech and BBA Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result, Fees
- FLAME University Pune BBA, BA and B.Sc. Admission 2019: Courses, placement, Fees
BBA in Logistics Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester- wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below
|Introduction to Management & Leadership|
|Business Economics I|
|Business Communication I|
|Business Computing Community Service 1|
|Business Economics II|
|Understanding Logistics Community Service 2|
|Business Communication II|
|Human Resource Management|
|Operations & Materials Management|
|Logistics & Supply Chain Management|
|Open Elective 1*|
|Program Elective 1*|
|Logistics Information System|
|Supplier Relationship Management|
|Open Elective 2*|
|Program Elective 2*|
|Introduction to Multimodal Transportation|
|Introduction to ERP Research Methodology & Report Writing|
|Decision Modeling using Spreadsheet|
|Customer Relationship Management|
|Logistics Planning & Strategy|
|Business Policy & Strategy|
|Total Quality Management|
|Summer Internship Dissertation I|
|Open Elective 3*|
|Program Elective 3*|
|Open Electives *|
|Physical Fitness & Wellness|
|Personal Selling Mercantile Law|
|Introduction to Psychology|
|Introduction to Sociology|
|Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Program Electives *|
|Logistics in Manufacturing Sector|
|Distribution & Outbound|
|Logistics Freight Forwarding & Port Operations|
BBA in Logistics Management: Career Prospects
Successful graduates of the course are hired in capacities such as:
- Vehicle Fleet Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Distribution Center Officer
- Inventory Control Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Production Manager
- Import & Export Agent
- Freight Coordinator
- Cargo Operations Specialist
- Academic of Logistics Management
Some of the popular avenues open to graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.