Bachelor of Science in Statistics or B.Sc. Statistics is a 3-year undergraduate course in statistics, probability and permutations. An integral factor for being eligible for this course is that the candidate must havecompleted 10+2and passed HSC Examination with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks, from a recognised school in India.
B.Sc Statistics course is often clubbed with Computer Science and Mathematics and hence students may find this course being available as B.Sc. in CSM; Computer, Statistics and Mathematics. Admission to the program is based on marks scored in 10+2 and/or personal interview by colleges.
The average annual tuition fee for the course ranges between INR 1.5 Lacs to 2.5 Lacs.
B.Sc. Statistics is a course through which students find job opportunities in sectors like actuarial sciences, banking, financial services, accounting and financing, academic institutions etc. Within these, professionals can find job profiles like that of a Financial Analyst, Data Analyst, Financial Accountant, Lecturer/ Professor etc.
A fresh graduate of this course can expect an average salary of INR 1.5 Lacs INR to 2.5 Lacs depending on the job profile and a particular company. But, the salary would only increase with experience and more important positions within the company/organization.
Check B.Sc Statistics Syllabus
Statistics deals with the study of probability and permutations. Students deal with hoards of data and assess this data and use it to make conclusions to check risk factors for insurance, finance and other industries.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics)
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics) in Tamil Nadu
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics) in Assam
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics) in Maharashtra
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics) in Uttar Pradesh
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics) in Karnataka
Top Institutes Offering B.Sc Satistics
B.Sc Statistics is available in many Science colleges across India. Some of the top colleges for B.Sc Statistics are as follows:-
Name of the Institute
St. Xavier’s College
University of Delhi
Baba Farid College
Amity Institute of Applied Sciences
Aditya Degree College
Banaras Hindu University
Aligarh Muslim University
Academic Options after the course
After completing the course, students can pursue M.Sc. in Statistics. These courses are available in colleges such as, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, and Bareilly College etc.
Students can also study Actuarial Sciences which is a discipline that applies mathematical and statistical methods to assess risk in insurance, finance and other industries and professions from Institute of Actuaries of India etc.
Eligibility Of the Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics)
To be eligible, candidates must fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Pass in Class 10th with minimum aggregate 50% including all subjects from a recognised school
- The candidate must pass in Class 12/QE with minimum aggregate of 50% with Mathematics as one of the subjects from a recognised school in India.
How to Get Admission in Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics)
Admission to the program is generally merit-based. The admission forms of the colleges are available between the months of May and June. The application forms are available both online and offline on the various university websites. After the application process is over, universities in dues time declare their cut off list for admission to the course.
However, there are universities such as Banaras Hindu University and Aligarh Muslim University which conduct an entrance test for admission to the program. The entrance test consists of 100-150 questions. The questions are from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and are of 10+2 level.
Latest Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Statistics) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU) BVSc & BFSc Admission 2019: Courses, Application Process, Dates, Fees
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha UG Admission 2019: Courses, Application Process, Eligibility
- Maulana Azad University (MANUU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Koneru Lakshmaiah University (KLU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Placement, Result, Fees
Selection for admission to this course is based on performance in entrance test, if conducted by the university, and marks scored in qualifying examination. Some colleges may choose to conduct a separate personal interview.
Selection at institutes which grant merit-based admission is based on marks scored in best four subjects in 10+2.