MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management is a 2-year postgraduate course which follows the semester pattern and involves 4 semesters of study. The first year of study focuses on building in candidates a strong foundation in marketing, finance, human resources, and operations applied in healthcare, the combination of which finds effective application for case studies from across the healthcare sector.
|Master of Business Administration in Uttar Pradesh||Master of Business Administration in Maharashtra||Master of Business Administration in Tamil Nadu||Master of Business Administration in West Bengal|
MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management is aimed at strengthening the functional skills of students in the core healthcare sector. Its primary objective is to instill an advanced understanding of multi-dimensional healthcare organizations, and operations of business administration and healthcare management.
The average course fee charged in India ranges between INR 30,000 and 4 lacs for the total duration. The average annual salary offered to successful postgraduates of the course in the country ranges between INR 5 and 8 lacs.
Top Colleges for Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Hospital & Health Care Management)
- Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Hospital & Health Care Management) in Tamil Nadu
- MBA/PGDM in Delhi-NCR
- MBA/PGDM in Maharashtra
- MBA/PGDM in Chennai
- MBA/PGDM in Uttar Pradesh
- MBA/PGDM in Telangana
MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Direct merit-based admission/ Entrance test in some cases.|
|Course Fee||INR 30,000 - 4 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 5 - 8 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Fields/Areas||Public Health System, Healthcare Consultancy Firms, Hospitals, Pharmaceutical Industry, Healthcare Insurance Firms, Clinical Research Laboratories, Pharmaceuticals, IT, Insurance, Equipment Manufacturing, Public healthcare establishments, etc.|
MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management: What is it About?
The course has been designed specially targeting professionals in the fast-growing healthcare sector. The upsurge of participation of private players in healthcare industries has caused an increasing need for healthcare managers in modern-day hospital facilitation across the world. These healthcare professionals enable smooth management of hospitals, clinics, and health-based NGOs.
The course focuses on management of healthcare and hospital facilities with a curriculum designed keeping in mind the rapidly expanding healthcare sector. It prepares eligible candidates to deal with various kinds of management-related challenges in the sector. The course aims to produce top-notch healthcare management professionals armed with advanced knowledge and expertise in the field of healthcare globally.
it prepares eligible candidates with the requisite knowledge and skills essential for management of healthcare organizations. Hospitals, pharmaceutical firms, and public healthcare establishments are the primary areas of employment for such postgraduates. The program is about adapting a synergistic blend of academic knowledge and practice in the health care field, and enabling eligible candidates to expertly identify practical problems and apply tested and approved managerial techniques to arrive at the most appropriate solutions.
Top Institutes offering MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India offering the course, along with the corresponding locations and fees charged by each.
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees per annum in INR|
|School of Management, Manipal University||Manipal||2,47,000|
|Armed Forces Medical College||Pune||3,865|
|Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology||Sonepat||58,500|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences||New Delhi||1,353|
|Father Muller College Allied Health Sciences||Mangalore||90,000|
|The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University||Chennai||3,000|
|NSHM Knowledge Campus||Kolkata||2,20,000|
|Guru Nanak Dev University||Amritsar||59,000|
|Tata Institute of Social Sciences||Mumbai||47,200|
|MS Ramaiah University of Applied Science||Bangalore||1,50,000|
|Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research PGIMER||Chandigarh||26,266|
|Shiksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University||Bhubaneshwar||90,000|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University||Pune||2,30,000|
|Sikkim Manipal University||East Sikkim||1,21,000|
|Jodhpur National University||Jodhpur||60,000|
|People's Institute of Management and Research||Bhopal||79,000|
|University of Calicut||Calicut||3,377|
Eligibility for MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management
Candidates wishing to pursue the course are needed to fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria listed below in order to apply for the course:
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% at the Higher & Senior Secondary levels (classes X and XII), completed from a recognized educational Board.
- Completion of graduation (B.Sc./BBA/B.Com.) with a minimum aggregate score of 50%, and from a recognized university.
- Preferably, a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a relevant field.
|Master of Business Administration in Rajasthan||Master of Business Administration in Telangana||Master of Business Administration in Haryana||Master of Business Administration in Kerala|
MBA in in Hospital & Health Care Management: Admission Process
Interested eligible candidates are offered admission to the course in India mostly on the basis of performance in a relevant national/ State/ institute-level entrance test. Often subsequently, two additional rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview are held for assessment of the candidate’s general aptitude for the course.
Listed here are some of the top entrance examinations carried out in the country for admission to the course.
- UPESMET: UPES Management Entrance Test (UPES MET) is an aptitude test conducted in both offline and online modes by the UPES for admission to the Industry Aligned MBA programs of College of Management and Economics Studies (CoMES), at UPES Dehradun.
- CAT: The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer-based test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). The test is used as a parameter for selecting students for business administration programs. The test is conducted yearly by one of the IIMs on a rotation-basis.
- CMAT: The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a computer-based test conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), India. It is a national-level admission test for selecting suitable candidates for admission to all management programs approved by the AICTE.
- XAT: The Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a pan-India pen and paper-based management aptitude test, conducted yearly by the Xavier School of Management, Xavier Labor Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur. Scores of XAT are accepted at more than 100 institutes in the country for admission to MBA, PGDM, and other management courses.
- NMAT: The NMAT is a computer-based test organized by the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited (GMGC), a subsidiary of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
- GMAT: The Graduate Management Admission Test is a computer-adaptive test conducted to assess the student's analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills in written English, for admission to management programs.
- MAT: The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national-level entrance examination conducted exclusively for management studies. Scores of MAT are accepted for admission to MBA, PGDM, and allied management programs. The exam is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA), and more than 600 B-Schools accept MAT exam scores. MAT is held four times in a year, namely in February, May, September, and December.
Latest Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Hospital & Health Care Management) Admission Alert
- JNU MA, M.Sc, MCA & MBA Admission 2019: Courses, Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam
- Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Telangana University (TU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Jamia Millia Islamia PG Admissions 2019: Course, Fees, Result, Login, Entrance Exams
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below.
|Principles of Health Service Management||Organization and Administration of Clinical and Super Specialty Services|
|Marketing Management of Hospital Services||Strategic Management|
|Organization Behavior||Marketing Management|
|Operations Research||Hospital Management Information Systems (HMIS)|
|Organization & Administration of Supportive Services||Healthcare Marketing Management|
|Cost and Management Accounting||Health Policy and Healthcare Services|
|Research Methodology||Delivery Logistics and Supply Chain Management|
|Disaster Management / Infection Control||Materials and Equipment Management|
|Legal Framework in Healthcare Microeconomics||Financial Accounting|
|Quality Assurance for Healthcare/ Hospital||Consumer Behavior|
|Health Economics||Accounting & Financial Statement Analysis|
|Taxation and Audit||Introduction to Epidemiology & Biostatistics|
|Health Insurance and Managed Care||Comparative Health Systems & International Health|
|Human Biology||Marketing Research|
|NGO Management||Strategic Human Resource Management|
|Human Resource Management and Labor Legislation||1 Week Mini Project.|
MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management: Career Prospects
- Hospital & Health Care Management professionals are lucratively employed in the pharmaceuticals sector, government agencies, insurance organizations, hospitals, and consulting firms. Qualified Healthcare Managers are required to respond to various critical management-based problems faced by hospitals and other agencies in the fast-evolving health sector. Upon successful completion of the course, postgraduates may find gainful employment in fields such as:
- Human Resource Development
- Medical colleges
- Health Insurance
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Public Health departments
- Rehabilitation centers
- Universities and research institutes
- Consulting firms, and such.
They are hired in capacities such as Health Care Manager, Hospital Administrator, Pharmaceutical Project Manager, Health Care Finance Manager, etc. Major responsibilities of such professionals include planning, directing, and supervising day-to-day operations of a medical organization. Secondary responsibilities may include facilitating daily financial operations, budgets, and analysis.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful postgraduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Medical and Health Services Manager||Medical and Health Services Managers, also known as Healthcare Executives or Healthcare Administrators, plan, direct, and coordinate medical and health services. They might be in charge of managing an entire facility, a specific clinical area or department, or a medical practice for a group of physicians.||6-8 lacs|
|Hospital Administrator||They are responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a hospital, clinic, managed care organization, or public health agency. Their job is to coordinate between the operations of all departments and ensure that they function as one. Hospital Administrators must hence possess a wide set of skills and knowledge.||4-6 lacs|
|Health Service Manager||They ensure that healthcare facilities provide the most effective patient care. Health Managers plan and coordinate services in hospitals and clinics, overseeing specific departments or entire facilities.||3-4 lacs|
|Health Care Finance Manager||Their primary responsibility is to create, review, and report monetary statements for one department or the entire organization. Health care Finance Managers conduct data analyses to advise the facility's senior management staff on effective strategies to manage/ improve revenue.||9-12 lacs|