Diploma in Dialysis Techniques is a certification level skill based course in the area of Dialysis techniques and its procedure. The course can be pursued by the students after completing their 10+2 education and demand a minimum of 50% marks (Relaxable for reserved category candidates) at 10+2 level in order to offer them admissions in the course.
Some of the popular institutes/colleges offering the diploma level course are:
The fee for the course varies from INR 15,000 to 55,000 across various colleges and universities across the country. The variation in the fee is based on the location and type of university that is private/deemed or government.
The course is a beginner’s level skill based certification in the domain of dialysis therapeutic assistance procedure. Students are equipped with basic knowledge and skills in relation to conducting of dialysis mechanism on a patient. Students can enhance their knowledge base and skills in the respective domain by going for higher level certification in the long run. The course mainly aims at providing domain-specific knowledge and skills to the students along with the basic understanding of the theoretical concept.
Diplomas in Dialysis Techniques pass out students can look for a variety of options in terms of their career. One can opt for a career with hospitals, clinics, dialysis units, training institute etc. However, it is a general trend that most of the students prefer to go for a higher degree in the discipline before entering the job market.
Diploma in Dialysis Techniques: Course Highlights
|Course Level|| Diploma/Certification|
|Duration of the Course||2 year (6 Months-1 Year in some cases)|
|Examination Type||Semester/Final exams at the end of year|
|Eligibility||10+2 pass out students with a minimum of 50% in class 12th board examination from any recognized board.|
|Admission Process||Merit Based/ Entrance exam based (In select few colleges/institute)|
|Course Fee||Between INR 15,000 and 55,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 8000 to 14000 per month|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Hospitals, Clinics, Labs, Dialysis units, Training center|
|Job Positions||Lab Expert, Dialysis Executive, Medical attendant, Trainer, Therapeutic Assistance|
Diploma in Dialysis Techniques: What is it about?
Dialysis is defined as the process of removing excess water, solutes, and toxins from the blood through an artificial manner that is with use of some medical equipment or machinery. It is generally implied to those persons who are suffering from kidney ailments or their kidneys has stopped natural functioning.
In the past few decades due to changing lifestyle and behavior there has been an increase in kidney-related patients. This, in turn, has surged the growth of dialysis units in hospitals and clinics. To run these units effectively there is a need for the skilled technician who can carry out the process effectively.
A diploma level course in Dialysis Technique equips students with that skill set that is demanded of a Dialysis technician who can take up the responsibility in the domain with effective ease.
Diploma in Dialysis Techniques: Top Institutes
Diploma in Dialysis Technique is offered as a certification level course by many reputed institutes and colleges to candidates who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized state or central board.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Om Sai Para Medical College||Chandigarh||INR 80,000|
|Aadarsh Medical College||Amritsar||INR 12,800|
|Adesh Para Medical College||Yamuna Nagar||INR 9,000|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh||INR 10,000|
|Apex School of Dialysis Technology||Mumbai||INR 15,000|
|ARC Para Medical Institute||Panchkula||INR 9,400|
|Asian Institute of Medical Sciences||Faridabad||INR 12,000|
|Bollineni Para Medical School||Eluru||INR 40,000|
|Chirayu Medical College and Hospital||Bhopal||INR 45,000|
Diploma in Dialysis Techniques: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized state or central board with at least 50% (40% to 45% for reserved category candidates) marks.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the subject/Subjects at class 12th or equivalent level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges/institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission.
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Certain Institutes grant admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET). To get admission in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
Diploma in Dialysis Techniques: Admission Process
Diploma in Dialysis Technique course admission is mostly based on a merit-based criterion for a selection with a select few institutes/colleges going for CET based admissions.
- Students who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks (40% to 45% for reserved category students) can make application in colleges/institutes offering the course.
- Some Institutes/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission to the course hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective institute or college.
- After final allotment of seats to the candidate takes the candidates are asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
However, in most of the colleges, the admission process would involve merit-based admission in the course.
Diploma in Dialysis Techniques: Syllabus and Course description
The course is divided into semesters (Final exams in some cases) spanning over a duration of two years (6 months to 1 year in some cases). The syllabus of the course is designed in a manner so as to teach all the basic aspects of the course to the students in a gradual manner.
The details regarding the syllabus are tabled below for your reference.
|Subjects of Study|
|Patient Information Collection|
|Procedure recording on medical chart|
|Patient and equipment monitoring|
|Classification, segregation, and collection of waste|
|Overview of kidneys functioning|
|Patient Care management|
Diploma in Dialysis Techniques: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have interest in the domain of therapeutic assistance
- Those who have a career in the domain of medical testing and diagnosis in mind
- Those who are looking for skill-based jobs
- Those want a career start in the domain of medicine and treatment
Diploma in Dialysis Techniques: Career Prospects
Diploma in Dialysis Technique passout students have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work as Lab assistant, Dialysis in charge, medical assistant, trainer etc. in terms of their career.
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where a diploma in dialysis technique student can look for in terms of his/her career.
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Dialysis In charge||The work involves proper conduct and management of the dialysis process on the patient in an effective manner.||INR 1.68-2 Lacs|
|Lab assistant||The job of lab assistant involves preparing and organizing the lab for the smooth conduct of dialysis process.||INR 1.2- 1.42 Lacs|
|Medical assistant||The job requires one to provide assistance to the senior/expert who is conducting the dialysis process on the patient.||INR 1.48 – 1.72 Lacs|
|Skill Trainer||The job involves imparting skills and training to the newly recruited workforce in regards to the conduct of dialysis procedure.||INR 1.26-2.0 Lacs|
|Unit Supervisor||Supervisors are entrusted with responsibilities of overseeing the functioning and working of officials that are based in dialysis unit of hospitals or clinics.||INR 1.5-2.15 Lacs|