Bachelor of Technology Textile Engineering or B.Tech Textile Engineeringcourse in India was launched to provide world-class textile technology education. It opens new doors for students who want to make their career in Textile industry.
A 10+2 pass out with minimum 50% aggregate marks in physics, chemistry and Mathematics is eligible for B.Tech Textile Engineering.
It is a 4 year undergraduate degree. There are total 8 semesters that means 2 semesters per year.
This course is offered by many colleges and Universities in India. You have to study both core subjects and electives. Tuition fee for B.Tech Textile Engineering may range from 30, 000 to 1, 50,000 rupees.
B.Tech Textile Engineeringgraduate can expect a salary between Rs. 15000 to Rs. 25000 every month in a private sector. There are many reputed manufacturing firms that hire the pass outs of this course like Raymond, Trident and Welspun in various profiles such as industrial engineer, quality control, sales engineer etc.
What is B. Tech. Textile Engineeringabout?
Textile Engineering with the objective of imparting all-inclusive knowledge in all the aspects of textile manufacturing which include
- Garment manufacturing,
- Textile Chemical Processing,
- Computer applications,
- Textile testing,
- Yarn manufacturing,
- Fabric Manufacturing (Woven and Knitted),
- Quality assurance,
- Mill management
In order to expose the persons into the engineering environment of the textile industries, practical training is included as a part of the syllabus.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Textile Engineering)
- BE/B.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- BE/B.Tech in Maharashtra
- BE/B.Tech in Chennai
- BE/B.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- BE/B.Tech in Telangana
Who should opt for B. Tech Textile Engineering?
An individual who possess strong concepts, including material science and structural analysis should opt for this course. This course is also beneficial for those individuals who want to start their own textile firm.
The person who always looks for ideas to find solutions, have practical approach and organizational ability or can handle stress should choose this course to make a good career ahead. The candidate should be creative, innovative and possess logical mind and strong concepts.
Duration of B. Tech Textile Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Textile Engineering is a 4 years long course divided into 8 semesters. Each year is divided into two semesters. Exams are held at the end of each semester which includes both theory and practical exams.
Academic options after B.Tech Textile Engineering
After B.Tech. in Textile Engineering, a considerable number of students opt for a higher degree such as M.Tech. in Textile Engineering or M.Tech. in Textile Design. Some students may also opt for MBA programs.
Where to Study?
There are many premiere Engineering Colleges in Indiawhich offer B.Tech. in Textile Engineering. Some of these institutes are:
Name of the college
Anuradha Engineering College
College of Engineering & Technology
DKTE Society's Textile & Engineering Institute
Faculty of Technology & Engineering
Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering & Technology
Jawaharlal Darda Institute of Engineering & Technology,
Mahavir Institute of Engineering & Technology
Nitra Technical Campus
Panipat Institute of Engineering & Technology
Punjab Technical University
SH Guru Gobind Singhji College of Engineering & Technology
SSM College of Engineering
UP Textile Technology Institute
Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute
Colleges that offer Lateral entry to this course are mentioned below:-
- Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar
- Rajasthan Technical University, Kota
- Shivaji University
- L.D.College of Engineering, Ahmedabad (LDC-A)
- Maharaja Sayajirao University (MSU)
- MLV Textile & Engineering College, Bhilwara (MLVTEC)
- Park College of Engineering and Technology (PCET)
- Tech ware Institute of Technology
- The Government Sri Krishnarajendra Silver Jubilee Technological Institute
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute
- Anuradha Engineering College (AEC)
- College of Engineering & Technology, Akola
- Dynamic Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Technology and Engineering, Baroda (FTE-B)
- Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering and Technology, Bathinda
Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College - Sundernagar
Eligibility Of the Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Textile Engineering)
Any person who has cleared XII with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) from a recognized board or institution like CBSE or state board is eligible for admission to this course.
How to Get Admission in Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Textile Engineering)
Students are admitted to this program either through entrance exam or direct admission.
- Entrance Exams: - There are many colleges like IITs and NITs that set entrance exam as a criterion to get into this course.
- Direct Admissions: - There are many private colleges offer direct admission to this course like Anuradha Engineering College (AEC) and Giani Zail Singh College of Engineering and Technology.
Latest Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Textile Engineering) Admission Alert
- Andhra University Integrated B.Tech.- M.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) B.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- MANUU B.Tech and B.Ed Admission 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Koneru Lakshmaiah University (KLU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Placement, Result, Fees
- JNTU Kakinada B.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Entrance Exam, Result
JEE is one of the most coveted exams for admission to engineering courses in India. Most of the government funded colleges in India accept a JEE Mainscore for admission to its program. For admission to the IITs a student needs to qualify JEE Advanced exam.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
JEE or Joint Entrance Examination is carried out in the month of April for admission to IITs and NITs. The application form for this course is out in the month of November and December. It is divided into two steps:-
· JEE Mains
· JEE Advanced
A candidate should have scored minimum 50% aggregate in physics, chemistry and mathematics (PCM) to give this exam.
The detailed information is given below:-