B.Ed. in Political Science is a 2-year full-time graduate certificate-level course in education.
Political Science is the study of the theories and practice of politics, and an analysis of the political systems and behaviors. The course involves a professional study of both national and international political systems. It covers a broad field of academic study, involving areas such as:
- Historical and modern political systems.
- Public administration, governmental policies and procedures.
- International relations and public affairs.
Successful completion of graduation in a relevant discipline is the minimum criterion of eligibility for admission to the course.
Such professionals are hired in capacities such as:
- Politician, Intern/ Volunteer Legislative.
- Aide Teacher, Policy Analyst, Communications Coordinator.
- Political Pollster, Campaign Manager, Political Consultant.
- Media Strategist, Chief of Staff, Campaign Organizer.
- International Research Specialist, City Housing Administrator, Public Opinion Analyst.
- Labor Relations Specialist, Corporate Adviser.
- Legislative Analyst, Public Affairs Research Analyst.
- Corporation Legislative Issues Manager, Legislative Coordinator.
- Policy Analyst, Corporate Social Policy Issues Analyst.
- Political Commentator, State Legislator.
- Professor, Article Writer, Home Tutor, etc.
Admission to the course is based on the round of counselling conducted after the candidate’s qualification of a relevant entrance test, such as that conducted by the University of Delhi.
Some of the top entrance tests conducted in India for admission to the course are:
- IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Delhi University B.Ed. Entrance Test
- Punjab University B.Ed. Entrance Test
- Mumbai University B.Ed. Entrance Test.
The course is offered at leading Indian institutes such as:
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 5000 and 2 Lacs for a span of 3 years.
Successful graduates of the course can expect anything between INR 2 to 10 lacs as annual salary in the industry, increasing with experience and skillset.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (Political Science)
- Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (Political Science) in Tamil Nadu
- B.Ed in Delhi-NCR
- B.Ed in Maharashtra
- B.Ed in Chennai
- B.Ed in Uttar Pradesh
- B.Ed in Telangana
B.Ed. in Political Science: Course Highlights
Tabulated below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Year wise|
|Eligibility||Graduation from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on counselling after qualification of entrance test.|
|Course Fee||INR 5000 to 2 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 10 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||AAJ Tak, CNBC, Times of India, BJP, BSP, Congress, ABP News, Income Tax, Bank of America, ICICI, SBI, RBI, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Law Firms, Local and National Government, Accountancy And Banking Organizations, Charities, Councils, Retail And Media Companies, and such.|
|Job Positions||Politician, Intern/Volunteer Legislative, Aide Teacher Policy Analyst, Communications Coordinator, Political Pollsters, Campaign Manager, Political Consultant, Media Strategist, Chief of Staff, Campaign Organizer, International Research Specialist, City Housing Administrator, Public Opinion Analyst, Labor Relations Specialist, Corporate Adviser, Legislative Analyst, Public Affairs Research Analyst, Corporation Legislative Issues Manager, Legislative Coordinator, Policy Analyst, Corporate Social Policy Issues Analyst, Political Commentator, State Legislator, Professor, Article Writer, Home Tutor, among others.|
B.Ed. in Political Science: What is it About?
Political Science has been one of the sustaining features of governance across the civilization. The program familiarizes enrolled candidates in the various systems of governance, political theories, economics, sociology, global politics, international relations, psychology, etc.
The course aims to help candidates explore how a nation runs and how to interpret and analyze political systems. The course is ideally suited for students who have an interest in learning the mechanisms of the administrative aspects of a country.
Components of study included in the course’s curriculum include:
- Current political scenarios across the country and the globe.
- History of political development.
- Political revolutions across the world.
- Political practices of countries around the world.
Top Institutes offering B.Ed. in Political Science
Tabulated below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name of Institute||City|| Average Fees|
|Lady Shri Ram College for Women||New Delhi||INR 19,030|
|Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education||New Delhi||INR 58,000|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||New Delhi||INR 23,000|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||New Delhi||INR 6,800|
|University of Calicut||Calicut||INR 30,000|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 69,000|
|Amity University||Lucknow||INR 86,100|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||INR 5,670|
|ICFAI University||Dehradun||INR 57,000|
|Lady Irwin College||New Delhi||INR 12,955|
|Dr. D.Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society's||Pune||INR 46,112|
|University of Lucknow||Lucknow||INR 21,854|
|Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya||Bhopal||INR 35,000|
|Integral University||Lucknow||INR 75,000|
|Kamal Institute of Higher Education & Advance Technology||New Delhi||INR 48,700|
|Bhabha College of Education||Bhopal||INR 36,000|
|Loreto College||Kolkata||INR 13,025|
|Bombay Teachers' Training College||Mumbai||INR 22,320|
|Government College of Education for Women||Coimbatore||INR 10,000|
|Ranchi University||Ranchi||INR 15,000|
Eligibility for B.Ed. in Political Science
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful completion of graduation (B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com.), from a recognized university.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) at the level of graduation.
B.Ed. in Political Science: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the level of graduation.
Listed below are some of the top entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
- IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Delhi University B.Ed. Entrance Test
- Punjab University B.Ed. Entrance Test
- Mumbai University B.Ed. Entrance Test
- Purvanchal B.Ed. Entrance Test
- M.J.P. Rohilkhand University B.Ed. Entrance Test
- Satyam College of Education (SCE) B.Ed. Entrance Test
- Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU) B.Ed. Entrance Test.
Latest Bachelor of Education [B.Ed] (Political Science) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha UG Admission 2019: Courses, Application Process, Eligibility
- Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha M.Ed and Ph.D Admissions 2019: Courses, Application Process, Eligibility
- MANUU B.Tech and B.Ed Admission 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Kakatiya University (KU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
B.Ed. in Political Science: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Philosophical Perspective in Education||Sociological Perspective in Education|
|Understanding the Learner||Educational Policy & Planning in Contemporary India|
|Teaching - Learning Process||Knowledge and Curriculum|
|Pedagogy of a School Subject (Part I)||Pedagogy of a School Subject (Part II)|
|VI Exploring Library and Other Learning Resources||School Management|
|VII Art in Education||Enriching Learning Through ICT|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|School Internship- Subject I||Assessment for Learning|
|School Internship- Subject II||Gender, School and Society|
|Engagement with Community (Experiences for Social and Environmental Sensitivity)||Inclusive School|
|Understanding the Self||Strengthening Language Proficiency|
|Reading and Reflecting on Texts||Health and Physics|
|Optional Courses (Any Two)|
|Guidance and Counseling||Life Skills Education|
|Human Rights and Value Education||Special Education|
|Environment Education||Comparative Education|
|Distance and Open Learning||Vocational Education|
B.Ed. in Political Science: Career Prospects
Teaching, research, and publishing are typical occupations of a Political Scientist. Successful completion of the course also opens doors to lucrative career opportunities for such professionals across:
- Government, law, business, international organizations.
- Non-governmental organizations, not-for-profit organizations, think tanks.
- Campaign management and polling, journalism, and electoral politics.
Careers in campaign management are cyclical as they come and go with election schedules, but there are constant career opportunities with consulting firms or political action committee of specific interest groups.
Political Science proves a useful base for a gainful career in social work, human rights, social or political research, and urban planning.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such professionals are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Campaign Organizer||Campaign Organizers are managers that work for non-profit organizations, unions, political campaigns, and lobbying groups.||5,01,000|
|Public Opinion Analyst||Public Opinion Analysts study the origin, development, and operation of political systems. They may specialize in topics such as public opinion, political decision-making, and ideology.||3,47,000|
|Professor||Professors teach students in a wide range of disciplines at the post-secondary level. They deliver scholarly articles, perform research, and instruct.||9,13,657|
|Article Writer||Article Writers create written work such as, articles, reports, books, and different forms of verbal compositions.||2,43,264|
|Home Tutor||Home Tutors provide non-classroom, scholarly instruction to students on individual or group-basis.||2,91,632|