M.Tech. in Computer Engineering is a 2 year Post Graduate course in engineering with a specialization in computer science and Information technology related aspects. A minimum of 50% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks at UG level is the least which almost all the institutes desire from applying candidates as the eligibility criterion.
Some of the popular colleges offering M.Tech. in Computer Engineering course are:
- IIT, Roorkee
- Amity University
The fee for the course varies between INR 55,000 to 4, 50,000 in India. The variation in fee is based on the location and nature of university (that is government, state/private/deemed etc.).
M.Tech in Computer Engineering course admissions are done based on Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method as well as merit-based selection criteria that is the percentage of marks obtained at Under Graduate (UG) level.
Majority of the colleges/universities who provide admissions through CET mechanism rely on the score of All India level common entrance exams like GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering), AUCET, TANCET, while a selected few opt for a separate entrance exam of their own (Like UPES MEET, KIITEE).
Bank of Baroad Education Loan course is designed to accord skills and knowledge to the M.Tech students in the domain of computer science engineering so as to equip them with a holistic knowledge of the subject that will enable them to take on the day to day challenges that would come in the persecution of their skill at the industry level.
M.Tech in Computer Engineering postgraduate has a wide range of job opportunities to choose from like software developer, application developer, software tester, CAD engineer, Computer hardware engineer etc. After completion of post graduation, one may pursue further studies like M.Phil and Ph.D. in the said subject or may take up job opportunities associated. The average salary ranges between INR 18,000 and 25,000 a month for a fresh pass out.
Top Colleges for Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Computer Engineering)
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Computer Engineering) in Haryana
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Computer Engineering) in Gujarat
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Computer Engineering) in Uttar Pradesh
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Computer Engineering) in Rajasthan
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Computer Engineering) in Maharashtra
M.Tech. in Computer Engineering: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 50% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 55,000 to 4.5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 18,000 to 25,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||TCS, Honeywell, Paytm, Wipro, IBM, Infosys|
|Job Position||software developer, application developer, software tester, CAD engineer, Computer hardware engineer etc|
M.Tech. in Computer Engineering: What is it About?
Computer science and IT have been the major sectors that have created most of the employment in the technology sector in India. Computer science in its core deals with various software related aspects like coding languages, user interface, as well as hardware related aspects like storage disk, motherboard, etc.
The industry demands both hardware and software experts that can take on the challenges that come in day to day functioning of the IT industry. For this, not only academic competency but technical and practical soundness is required.
An M.Tech. in Computer Engineering course is aimed at developing qualified manpower out of technical students that are able to contribute meaningfully to the growth of the industry through execution of their knowledge and skills in the domain.
M.Tech. in Computer Engineering: Top Institutes
M.Tech in Computer Engineering course is offered by many reputed colleges/universities to candidates who have passed their UG or equivalent examination in the respective stream from a recognized state or central university.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Institute||City||Average Fee Per annum basis|
|SRM||Tamil Nadu||INR 1,45,000|
|ABES||Ghaziabad||INR 1, 27,000|
|Anna University||Chennai||INR 46,750|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 1,70, 220|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 1, 62,220|
M.Tech. in Computer Engineering: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the B.E/B.Tech or equivalent examination in Computer Science/IT stream from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University with at least 50% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) of the marks at graduation level.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the Subject/Subjects at B.E/B.Tech level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission (like work experience of 1 or 2 years).
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Most of the Institute give admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET) (like GATE, UPSEE, and AUCET). To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common for most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering M.Tech. in Computer Engineering course to the students.
M.Tech. in Computer Engineering: Admission Process
M.Tech. in Computer Engineering course admissions involve a common entrance test based admission process (as seen across various universities and colleges in the country).
- Students who have passed their UG level examinations with a minimum of 50% marks (relaxable for reserved category students) can make application in colleges offering the course.
- Most of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission into M.Tech courses (like SRMJEE, LPUNEST, UPES entrance exam) or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like GATE, AUCET, UPSEE etc. Hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective university or college.
- After admission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering M.Tech. in Computer Engineering course.
Latest Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Computer Engineering) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
M.Tech. in Computer Engineering: Syllabus and Course Description
The syllabus of M.Tech. in Computer Engineering course is divided into various subjects and practical skills that students are taught during the course of their Master’s. .
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so as to provide a reference to the candidates.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Computer Organization and Architecture||Real-time embedded system|
|Data Structure and Algorithms||Cellular automata and its application|
|Systems Programming and Operating Systems||AI and neural networks|
|Distributed Computer systems||Object-oriented information system design|
|Elective 1||Elective 3|
|Elective 2||Elective 4|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|VLSI system design||Final year project|
|Soft computing||Parallel computing|
|Enterprise computing Methodologies||Compiler Construction|
|Advanced microprocessors||Image processing and Pattern recognition|
|Elective 5||Courseware engineering|
M.Tech. in Computer Engineering: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have a background in Computer Science/IT Engineering.
- Those who have a career in the domain of Software development in Mind.
- Those who are aiming at hardware and maintenance engineering jobs.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
M.Tech. in Computer Engineering: Career Prospects
M.Tech. in Computer engineering postgraduates have plenty of options to choose from in terms of his/her career. One can choose to work with companies such as TCS, Honeywell, Paytm, Wipro, IBM, Infosys etc.
To provide you a complete view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where Computer engineering postgraduates can look for in terms of their career.
Related M.Tech. in Computer Engineering Courses are:
- M.E. CAD/CAM
- M.E. Computer Engineering
- M.Tech. Aeronautical Engineering
Read about more Masters in Engineering courses
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Software Engineer||Software engineer’s job involves coding and programming of various software and user interface.||INR 2.95-3.30 Lacs|
|CAD Engineer||The job of CAD engineer is focused on producing Computer-aided design and graphics for marketing, architectural, or circuit simulation and organization||INR 2.70-3.25 Lacs|
|Maintenance Engineer||The job involves one to ensure proper maintenance and servicing of various ICT Tools and equipment involved in the functioning.||INR 2.75 -3.53 Lacs|
|Hardware engineer||A Hardware engineer is involved in the task of repairing, recalibration, and replacement of hardware related defects in the Computing systems.||INR 2.85-3.45 Lacs|
|Testing in charge||The job involves one to detect bugs, and flaws in software and User interface so as to provide a hassle-free usage of the software from user’s end.||INR 2.52-3.10 Lacs|