B.Com. in Business Administration is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course divided into 6 semesters. This course has been designed to equip enrolled students with:
- an understanding of the business and management environments.
- intellectual ability, executive personality and managerial skills.
- an appropriate blend of business and general education.
- unique leadership qualities required to successfully manage a business.
- professional corporate skills.
- ability to produce up-to-date, assertive and effective business execution skills.
- understanding of a variety of business and management principles.
- skills needed to be successful in areas of:
- human resources management
- social and corporate responsibility, law, and ethics.
- advanced understanding of the cost-volume-profit relationship.
- skills in using gathered information to make informed decisions.
Managerial accounting is essentially:
- an extension of Financial Accounting.
- about transferring learned skills to a management situation.
- an analytical approach to budget preparation, cost planning and control.
- about the legal guidelines for business operation.
- an amalgamation of a variety of related topics including:
- trusts and estates
- rights and responsibilities of employees and employers
- corporations and partnerships
- liability and bankruptcy
- ethical considerations for business professionals.
- identifying target markets
- determining pricing and promotion strategies
- developing and launching products
- evaluating consumer behaviour.
- about the basic principles and processes of marketing most companies use to grow their business.
- about concepts of microeconomics and macroeconomics.
- about principles of supply and demand, and cost and productivity in relation to consumer behaviour.
- about economic growth and pricing strategies.
- use of relevant common theories and frameworks.
The discipline is a study of organizational environment through an examination of human behaviour, attitude, and motivation. The course aims to prepare students to become successful managers by educating them on methods of predicting and controlling their team's behaviour.
The average annual course fee in India ranges between INR 10,000 and 2 lacs, depending upon the institute offering the course.
The average annual salary offered in India to successful graduates of the course ranges between INR 2 and 20 lacs, depending upon the candidate’s expertise in the field.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Business Administration)
- Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Business Administration) in Rajasthan
- Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Business Administration) in Maharashtra
- B.Com in Delhi-NCR
- B.Com in Maharashtra
- B.Com in Chennai
- B.Com in Uttar Pradesh
B.Com. in Business Administration: Course Highlights
Tabulated below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized educational Board|
|Admission Process||Counselling after qualification of Entrance Examination|
|Top recruiting organizations||TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Accenture, etc.|
|Top recruiting areas||Retail and Merchant banking, corporate finance, business consulting, and such.|
|Top job profiles||Marketing Manager, Retail Manager, Exporters, Importers, among others.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 2 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 20 lacs|
B.Com. in Business Administration: What is it About?
The course involves components of study such as:
- planning, directing, and coordinating operational activities of companies and organizations.
- skills in problem solving, visioning, critical thinking, and interpersonal relationships.
Top Institutes offering B.Com. in Business Administration
Some of the top institutes offering the course in the country are listed below with the corresponding locations and fees charged by the respective colleges.
|NAME OF INSTITUTE||CITY||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEES|
|AKI’s Poona College of Arts, Science and Commerce||Pune||INR 10,420|
|Bhupal Noble P.G Girls College||Udaipur||INR 12,250|
|Dr. Subhash Mahila Arts, Commerce and Home Science College||Gujarat||INR 11,000|
|Government Lohia College||Rajasthan||INR 1,650|
|Guru Nanak P.G Girls College||Udaipur||INR 18,100|
|Krishna College of Science and Rural Technology||Agra||INR 50,000|
|Mohanlal Sukhadia University||Rajasthan||INR 37,500|
|Seth Motilal P.G. College||Rajasthan||INR 13,400|
|Shri Vardhaman Girls College||Ajmer||INR 76,000|
Eligibility for B.Com. in Business Administration
Candidates aspiring for admission to the course are required to fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria.
- Senior Secondary qualification (10+2) completed in the Commerce stream, from a recognized educational Board.
- A minimum aggregate score of 55% (50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
- Candidates appearing for their 10+2 examinations are also eligible to apply for the course on provisional basis.
B.Com. in Business Administration: Admission Process
Some colleges also offer admission on the basis of obtained merit at the 10+2 level. However, generally, in most of the colleges and institutes offering the course, admission is provided based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance test, conducted at any of State and national levels, followed by a subsequent round of counselling.
The round of counselling involves two additional rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview, wherein candidate’s general aptitude for the course is examined. A merit list is subsequently released issued by the institute allocating available seats to the qualifying candidates.
Latest Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Business Administration) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Maulana Azad University (MANUU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Kakatiya University (KU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) UG & PG Satellite Courses Admission 2019
B.Com. in Business Administration: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below.
|Financial accounting||Corporate accounting|
|Cost accounting||Business statistics|
|Law of contract||Business law|
|Micro economics theory I||Micro economics II|
|Principles of marketing||Marketing research|
|Business ethics||Consumer behavior|
|Income tax law practices I||Income tax law practices II|
|Business organization||Business management|
|Corporate law||Company management|
|Financial management||Indian economy|
|Business environment||Economic environment of business|
|Sales management||Organization behavior|
|Retail management||Business communication|
|Banking law practices||Monetary economics|
|Macro-economic theory I||Macro-economic theory II|
|International marketing||Labor laws|
|Human resource management||Advertising sales promotion|
B.Com. in Business Administration: Career Prospects
As an academic discipline, Business administration incorporates many types of management positions.
From major corporations to independent businesses, all organizations need skilled administrators in order to succeed. Such postgraduates may find such opportunities:
- in basic management and administrative roles in private and non-profit organizations. As Management Trainees/ Managers in the sales or retail industry.
- as Office Managers, Project Assistants, and Technology-oriented Support Specialists.
- in leadership positions and other advanced roles in private and non-profit organizations.
- across industries as:
- business analyst
- operations manager
- human resources generalist
- marketing specialist
- Corporate controller
- Executive director
- Independent consultant.
- in entrepreneurship, creating their own successful businesses from the ground up.
Some of the top professional profiles open to such graduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|JOB POSITION||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY|
|Marketing Manager||Marketing Managers create strategies that help companies meet their sales objectives. They conduct research, identify a target audience, establish pricing strategies, evaluate product demand, and determine the best way to reach that audience. They also develop advertising campaigns, participate in package design, and choose media outlets, such as television, Internet, billboards, radio, or newspapers to promote their company's products. They also build brand awareness through e-mail campaigns, contests, celebrity endorsements, newsletters, and product placement in television shows and movies.||INR 6,44,000|
|Financial Adviser||Financial Advisors assist clients in personal financial matters, retirement planning, investment strategies, and insurance options. They need a keen understanding of banking, insurance, and stock market practices. A successful Financial Advisor requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a finance-related field, and some need to be licensed. The certification is voluntary and can lead to enhanced job prospects.||INR 3,57,000|
|Human Resource Manager||Human Resource Specialists hire potential new employees. They also ensure that the best candidate possible is chosen for the position. When they are not looking for new employees, they regularly observe current employees and interview them to determine their satisfaction with their job. They are available at any time for comments from employees, accepting feedback, and applying it to create a more effective workplace.||INR 6,13,000|
|Financier||A Finance Advisor mediates financial transactions and protects the interests of the client, and the company doing the bidding, or the target company. Job duties include examining a company's balance sheet, looking for appropriate investments, and analysing corporate financials of a target company to propose an equitable offer. Some may also assess a deal's value, analyse cost savings, and find ways to finance the transaction. They often anticipate market reactions, and work in conjunction with the legal team to see the deal to completion.||INR 18,00,000|
International Managers often manage several employees or divisions existing in one or more geographical locations. They may or may not fall within a manager's job requirements.
The manager is responsible for ensuring that employees and businesses practices conform to country and international regulations. Some decision-making, communication, and leadership skills are essential for the success of international management staff.