BBA in International Business is a 3-year undergraduate course designed to impart to eligible candidates the requisite skills in creating and managing global companies. The program covers an advanced study of:
- business and cultural concepts relevant to international business.
- international business beyond the export and import of good and services.
- cross-border Input-procurement, such as raw materials, finance, technology, and human resources.
- business practices followed by international competitors.
- global practices followed across the domains of:
- Marketing and Finance
- Human Resource Management & Industrial Relations
- Operations Management
- International Trade Policies
- Supply Chain Management.
The minimum eligibility needed for applying to the course is the successful completion of the 10+2 level of education from a recognized educational Board, with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
Commerce and Mathematics need to have been the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
Such postgraduates are hired in capacities such as:
- International Human Resources Manager
- International Training Manager
- International Operations Manager
- Global Distribution Manager
- Accountants Executive
- Assistants International Marketing Manager
- International Trade Manager
- International Sales Representatives
- Import/ Export Agent, etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 5000 and 2 Lacs for a span of 3 years.
The average initial monthly salary offered in India to such postgraduates lies between INR 30,000 to 50,000, increasing with the candidate’s experience and expertise in the field.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (International Business)
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (International Business) in Uttar Pradesh
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (International Business) in Maharashtra
- BBA/BBM in Delhi-NCR
- BBA/BBM in Maharashtra
- BBA/BBM in Chennai
- BBA/BBM in Uttar Pradesh
BBA in International Business: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Yearly|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Commerce/ Mathematics as main subjects|
|Admission Process||Merit-based/ Based on performance in entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 20 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||HDFC, HSBC, CitiBank, Barclays, BPO, TATA Consultancy, Oracle, Adobe, ICICI, Adecco HCL Technologies, Deloitte, Blackrock, Amazon, Vodafone, Airtel, Hexaware, Adobe, Idea Cellular, GRAIL Research, Tech Mahindra, S & P Global, E-valueServe, Zycus, ITC Hotels, Hyundai Motors India Ltd., Mahindra & Mahindra, Fed Ex, Reliance Communications, L & T Infotech, Tata Technologies, U-flex, Samsung, Su-kam, Genpact, Subros, Reliance Capital, Reliance Jio, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Logistic Companies, Export Houses, Custom Clearing Houses, Merchandisers, Special Economic Zones, Ports, Dry Ports, State Trading Corporations, Transportation Corporations Marine Insurance Companies, Directorate General Of Foreign Trade, Shipping Companies/Corporations, IT companies, Banks, and suchlike.|
|Job Positions||International Human Resources Managers, International Training Managers, International Operations Managers, Global Distribution Managers, Accountants Executive, Assistants International Marketing Managers, International Trade Managers, International Sales Representatives, Import/Export Agent, among others.|
BBA in International Business: What is it About?
BBA in International Business essentially aims to prepare eligible candidates with advanced learning in:
The main subjects of study covered in the course’s curriculum are:
- International Marketing
- International Aspects of Business Operations
- Management of Cross Cultural Issues
- Foreign Exchange Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- International Regulatory framework
- Export Import Documentation
- International Finance and Foreign Exchange Management
- WTO and International Trade and Policy
- Globalizing Indian Business
Primarily, students enrolled to the course are imparted hands-on theoretical and practical globally-oriented experience of carrying out business in a world that is characterized by competition from enterprises located anywhere across the globe.
Top Institutes offering BBA in International Business
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name of Institute||City|| Average Fees|
|Jain University||Bangalore||INR 1,45,000|
|Doon Business School||Dehradun||INR 1,32,000|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University||Jaipur||INR 77,938|
|Vels University||Chennai||INR 99,400|
|St. Joseph's College of Commerce||Bangalore||INR 85,800|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 3,53,000|
|IIKM Business School||Chennai||INR 1,53,000|
|Mewar University||Chittorgarh||INR 55,500|
|St Teresa's College||Ernakulam||INR 22,000|
|Sobhasaria Engineering College||Sikar||INR 71,800|
|Gems B School||Bangalore||INR 1,11,000|
|Sanskriti University||Mathura||INR 50,500|
|Mm Institute of Management||Ambala||INR 65,686|
|Christ Institute of Management||Rajkot||INR 32,000|
|Sunshine Group of Institutions||Rajkot||INR 41,400|
|IFIM College||Bangalore||INR 2,00,000|
|Master School of Management||Meerut||INR 46,000|
|Alliance School of Business||Bengaluru||INR 1,50,000|
|Institute of Business Management and Research||INDORE||INR 52,000|
|Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce||Pune||INR 1,14,000|
Eligibility for BBA in International Business
Candidates wishing to apply for the course need to fulfil the following eligibility criteria
- 10+2 level of education completed from a recognized educational Board.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
- Commerce and Mathematics as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level.
- Candidates awaiting their 10+2 examination’s results are also eligible to apply on provisional basis.
BBA in International Business: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on their performancen in a relevant entrance test. Some institutes also admit students based on the candidate’s obtained merit at the 10+2 level, while some conduct their own entrance tests for offering admission. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
Some such entrance tests held in the country for admission to the course are:
- Dayanand Sagar Admission Test (DSAT)
- Sharda University Admission Test (SUAT)
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam (KIITEE)
- CMR University Admission Test (CMRUAT)
- ITM National Entrance and Scholarship Test (ITM NEST)
- Sri Padampat Singhania Admission Test (SPSAT)
- Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT)
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (Set)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test (BVP CET)
- National Test for Programs After Twelfth (NPAT)
- Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (BUMAT)
- Under Graduate Aptitude Test-AIMA (UGAT-AIMA)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Management (BUMAT)
- Gitam Online Test (Got)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU CET BBA)
- Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test (AUMAT)
Latest Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (International Business) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Dravidian University UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- Noorul Islam University UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- MPKV B.Sc, B.Tech and BBA Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result, Fees
- FLAME University Pune BBA, BA and B.Sc. Admission 2019: Courses, placement, Fees
BBA in International Business: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Management Foundation||Indian System of Business|
|Economic Environment – I||Economic Environment - II|
|Micro Economics & Applications||Macro Economics & Applications|
|Business Mathematics||Computer Awareness – II|
|Computer Awareness – I||Accounting – I|
|Fundamentals of International Business||Values & Ethics in International Business|
|Environmental Studies||Global Business Management|
|Behavioral Science – I||Behavioral Science – II|
|Foreign Language – I French German Spanish Japanese Chinese||Foreign Language – II French German Spanish Japanese Chinese|
|Fundamentals of Marketing||Principles of Marketing|
|Financial Management – I||Financial Management - II|
|Business Statistics||Legal Framework of Business & Management|
|Database Management System||System Analysis & Design|
|Accounting – II||Research Methods & Reports Preparing Module|
|International Institutions & Trade Implications||International Strategic Management|
|Communication Skills – I||Project Management|
|Behavioral Science – III||Communication Skills – II|
|Foreign Language – III French German Spanish Japanese Chinese||Behavioral Science - IV|
|Summer Assignment – I (Evaluation)||Foreign Language – IV French German Spanish Japanese Chinese|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Sales Management|
|Human Resource Management||Managerial Accounting|
|Taxation Laws & Practices||E-commerce & International Trade|
|Computer Applications||Export Import Documentation & Logistics|
|International Marketing||International Financial Management|
|Operations Research||Cross Cultural Management & Management of Multinational Companies|
|Communication Skills – III||Communication Skills – IV|
|Behavioural Science – V||Behavioural Science – VI|
|Foreign Language – V French German Spanish Japanese Chinese||Foreign Language – VI French German Spanish Japanese Chinese|
|Summer Internship (Evaluation)||-|
BBA in International Business: Career Prospects
Successful graduates of the course are hired in job roles such as the following:
- International Securities Analyst
- Foreign Services Officer
- Foreign Investor
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|International Human Resources Managers||They design, plan, and implement global HR projects and policies, including staffing, benefits, remuneration, benefits, visa/green card preparing, training, employees relations, and health and safety programs. They are often responsible for administration of expatriate or immigration programs.||6,13,085|
|International Training Managers||International Training Managers work across numerous offices to get representatives up-to-speed in both their particular vertical, and towards the general needs of the organization. Often, they prepare administrators in business, initiative, HR, advancement, and training.||8,24,792|
|International Operations Managers||They execute the role of Global Operations Chief or Global Operations Head/ Manager. They administrate and coordinates the strategies, techniques, and operations of an association that cover various countries. Fundamentally, they head such business operations and procedures globally.||7,01,361|
|Global Distribution Manager||Distribution or Logistics Managers are professionally involved in stock, transportation, or even the control of legislation, costing, and environmental pressures. These responsibilities vary depending upon the job role, however, in each role, there is steady liaising between all nodes of a production network.||8,40,000|
|Account Executive||Account Executives work with a variety of departments, such as marketing, copywriting, and art, in order to create innovative advertising and marketing campaigns.||3,58,840|