Master of Business Administration in Real Estate or MBA Real Estate is a professional postgraduate course. It is a type of course where students are trained for real estate markets, developments related to real estate and marketing of various real estate projects. It will impart leadership and decision making skills in real estate and urban infrastructure aspirants. It is a 2 year course divided into 4 semesters i.e. 2 semesters per year.
The minimum eligibility to pursue this course is a Bachelor degree in any stream with minimum of 50% marks from a recognized institution. The average tuition fee for the course ranges from 5.5 Lakh to 7.5 Lakh for entire course.
There are various career options once you have graduated from this course in the field of real estate sector and urban development. Huge multinationals like DLF, Omaxe etc await candidates with sharp property enabled skills to come and work with them. There are various job profiles like valuation, investment and finance, property development and management etc. The average entry level salary varies from 2.9 Lakh to 3.8 Lakh per annum.
What is the course about?
MBA Real Estate is a course which provides with dynamic knowledge of real estate and property market of the industry and local level. It prepares individual with decision making skills to take a stand in the competitor’s worlds and design an outcome for him or herself on the basis of concepts drawn from the subject.
It is a pro-version for providing optimal strategies, plans and letting one to focus on outcomes with development and target oriented work. It enables the individual to work out real estate in a more organized and project specific way.
Who should opt for the course?
Any person who is seeking a position in real estate world and oriented towards the urban development sector must opt for this course. This course is meant for those individuals who think based on data and analyze the situations and take a sound decision. A person who has a property oriented mind and thinks analytically with his brain inclined towards reasoning and understanding of outcomes must go for this course.
Top Colleges for Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Real Estate)
- MBA/PGDM in Delhi-NCR
- MBA/PGDM in Maharashtra
- MBA/PGDM in Chennai
- MBA/PGDM in Uttar Pradesh
- MBA/PGDM in Telangana
MBA Real Estate is a 2 years program divided in 4 semesters, i.e. 2 semesters per year. Even if the course is pursued from distance learning institutes the duration is 2 years.
There are many B-Schools in India which offer MBA Real Estate in their curriculum. Few top institutes providing MBA Real Estate are:
- RICS School of Built Environment, Amity University, Noida
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Ansal University, Gurgaon
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana
- Institute of Management and Technical Studies, Noida
- RNB Global University, Bikaner
There are some universities and institutes which offer MBA Real Estate in Distance Learning as well. Some examples are:
- Indian Institute of Commerce and Trade (IICT), Lucknow
- Amity University, Noida
- Global Open University, Nagaland
Eligibility Of the Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Real Estate)
A candidate who has graduated with a minimum of 50% from a recognized institution is eligible to pursue this course. Though, in some colleges preference is given to civil engineers and environment graduates.
How to Get Admission in Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Real Estate)
The admission process of MBA Real Estate in based upon entrance test. Most colleges all over India take admissions into MBA programs via Common Admission Test (CAT). The syllabus for entrance test mainly consists of the following topics:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Lenguage Comprehension
- General Knowledge
Latest Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Real Estate) Admission Alert
- JNU MA, M.Sc, MCA & MBA Admission 2019: Courses, Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam
- Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Telangana University (TU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Jamia Millia Islamia PG Admissions 2019: Course, Fees, Result, Login, Entrance Exams
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- CAT : CAT is a test conducted by one of the IIM’s in India and the scores achieved in CAT are considered valid for taking admission into various MBA programs. Forms for CAT are usually available from the month of August to September and examination is conducted in the month of November.
- CMAT: CMAT is conducted by AICTE for admission to AICTE approved management institutes. Registration window for CMAT opens in the month of November and examination is held in the month of January.
- MAT: MAT is conducted by AIMA four times in a year for admission to AIMA approved institutions. Exams are held in the month of February, May, September and December.
Selection for admission is mainly based on performance in the entrance test. After entrance test, students often have to participate in a Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview round. On the basis of overall performance in the three rounds students are selected for final admission to the program.
For distance programs, admission process is generally direct entry.