MBA Information Management or Master of Business Administration in Information Management is a full time postgraduate Information Management course divided across 4 semesters.
- Information Management course comprises of the study of fundamentals and functional areas of both the management and Information Management, in particular and covers the basics of emerging IT trends.
- This MBA degree program covers Information Management syllabus in computer science, information database management and networking Information Management and also includes information management theory and related technology applications.
- The coursework also includes accounting, finance and economics related to the information technologies industry.
To be eligible for this course, aspirants should have a pass Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree from any recognized University with minimum 45% marks in aggregate or any other equivalent qualification.
Such postgraduates are hired in capacities such as Accounts Executive/Accountant, Information Systems Manager, Assistant Manager, Chief Technology Officer, Business Analyst, Computer Information Specialist, Application Programmer, Quality Analyst etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 5,000 and 5 Lacs for a span of 2 years. The average salary of a person in the IT industries varies in between INR 20,000 to INR 30,000 per month which increases with experience and expertise.
Top Colleges for Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Information Management)
- MBA/PGDM in Delhi-NCR
- MBA/PGDM in Maharashtra
- MBA/PGDM in Chennai
- MBA/PGDM in Uttar Pradesh
- MBA/PGDM in Telangana
MBA in Information Management: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System/Year wise|
|Admission Process||Based on entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 12 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Amazon, Decathelon, Hi Impact Consultants, HIL Limited, Home Credit India, Matrix Cellular, Pearson Education, Rudra Buildwell, Secure Now, Success Pact Consulting Pvt. Ltd, Successive Softwares, TechSci Research, Mirus Solutions Private Ltd, Channel Play Ltd, Ginesys, IHS Markit, To The New Digital, Uflex Limited, Cross Tab IT Consulting, Deal4Loans.com, ICICI Securities, IIMs Jobs, Protiviti, Redington India, SNVA Ventures Pvt Ltd, APAC, HCL Technologies, Mazars, BERGER PAINTS INDIA LIMITED, Magicpin.in, Honda Cars, FinEdge, Naukri.com, Allan Lloyds Group, Zycus Infotech, Mansukh Securities etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||IT Configuration Management, Colleges & Universities, IT Financial Management Areas, IT Service Management Areas, IT Governance Areas etc.|
|Job Positions||Chief Information Officer, and various mid-level positions in technical and managerial functions in the IT/ITES sector|
MBA in Information Management: What is it about?
MBA programs in information management integrate business and technology studies. On the technological side, students can expect to learn to work with large amounts of data, create secure networks, and build competent software for customers, while also taking business-related classes.
- Prior to graduation, students are required to complete group projects in information systems and fulfil an internship requirement.
- The aim of the program is to provide graduates with a range of management knowledge and skills, together with a thorough foundation in Information Management, and its commercial applications.
- The program includes topical case studies, and reflects contemporary developments within the sector.
- The course is appropriate for graduates in an extensive variety of orders, disciplines, including Engineering, Finance, Social Sciences and different subjects.
- Graduates should have a solid understanding of mathematical concepts and a high degree of skill in data manipulation and multiple step logic and a high degree of skill in data manipulation and communication skills.
- They should be familiar with communication skills and the ability to understand a wide range of perspectives is critical. Detail orientation and mental focus are necessary skills.
Top Institutes offering MBA in Information Management
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name of Institute||City|| Average Fee (INR)|
|University of Delhi, Faculty of Management Studies||New Delhi||10,480|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai||1,02,000|
|Kj Somaiya Institute of Management Studies And Research||Mumbai||1,02,000|
|International Management Institute||New Delhi||7,71,000|
|Vinod Gupta School of Management||Kharagpur||3,11,000|
|IIT Delhi||New Delhi||4,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Roorkee||4,13,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies||Pune||5,08,000|
|Department of Management||Pilani||3,14,000|
|Symbiosis Centre For Information Management||Pune||1,55,000|
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research||Mumbai||4,32,000|
|ICFAI Business School||Hyderabad||1,65,000|
|Indian Institute of Management||Ranchi||5,75,000|
|Fortune Institute of International Business||New Delhi||3,48,000|
|International School of Business and Research||Bangalore||3,50,000|
|Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi||85,000|
|Cochin University of Science and Technology||Kochi||26,555|
|Malaviya National Institute of Technology||Jaipur||89,900|
|GIBS Business School||Bangalore||2,55,000|
Eligibility for MBA in Information Management
Candidates must fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for the course:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree from any recognized University.
- Minimum 45% marks in aggregate or any other equivalent qualification.
MBA in Information Management: Admission Process
Admission to any college, university or school requires passing Common Admission Test (CAT) alongside graduate degree from a perceived school and college. However, numerous business universities require passing either XAT, CAT, GMAT, JMET or MAT, each of which qualifies aspirants for entrance into any organization or management university and institute in India.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview is also conducted to determine the personality traits and communication skills of the candidates.
- For many management colleges in India, many B-schools offer admission to a candidate on the basis of the cumulative scores of the Entrance Exam, GD/PIs, and sometimes work experience.
List of entrance exams in MBA Information Management
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test)
- CAT (Common Admission Test)
- CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
- XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test –Abroad)
- SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test)
- N-MAT (Narsee Monjee Aptitude test)
- MH-CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance test
- IBSAT (ICFAI Business School Admission Test)
- IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade)
- ATMA (AIMS Test for Management Admissions)
- TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test)
- AMUCAT (Aligarh Muslim University AMU CAT)
- AMRITA (Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham)
- BMAT (Bharati Vidyapeeth Management Aptitude Test)
- FMS (Faculty of management Studies)
- ICET (AP ICET 2019 - Integrated Common Entrance Test)
- KIITEE (KIIT Entrance Examination<)/a>
- KMAT (Karnataka Management Aptitude Test)
- MICA (Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad Admission test)
- OPENMAT (IGNOU OPENMAT MBA Entrance Exam)
- RMAT (Rajasthan Management Aptitude Test)
- SRMCAT (SRM Common Admission Test)
- HPCAT (Himachal Pradesh Combined Aptitude Test)
- UPSEE (UP State Entrance Examination)
Latest Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Information Management) Admission Alert
- JNU MA, M.Sc, MCA & MBA Admission 2019: Courses, Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam
- Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Telangana University (TU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Jamia Millia Islamia PG Admissions 2019: Course, Fees, Result, Login, Entrance Exams
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
MBA in Information Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A year-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|IT in Business Management||Project Management|
|IT-its Core Concepts and Issues||Business Laws|
|Development of Information System||Database Management System|
|Entrepreneurship||Business Simulation Using System Dynamics|
|Important Application Areas of IT||Integrating e-systems & GIS|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Software Project Management||Expert System Design and Application|
|Decision Support Systems and Expert Systems||Web Designing and Multimedia|
|SCM Information Systems||Networking & Network Security|
|Innovation and Technology Management||Marketing of Information Technology|
|Data Warehousing and Data Mining||ERP-Enterprise Resource Planning|
|Software Engineering||Knowledge Management System|
MBA in Information Management: Career Prospects
There is a lot of scope for those who have pursued a program in the field of Information Management and Management. There are several companies, both at national and international levels which are looking for skilled and qualified professionals to help them cope with the dynamic business environment.
- Those who prefer this specialization are often employed in mid level positions in technical and managerial functions in the IT/ITES sector.
- Other posts include - Chief Technology officer, Information Systems Manager, Vice President of Information Management, Computer Information Specialist, Management Information Systems Director etc.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates/ postgraduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Account Manager||To work for an organization and is in-charge of the administration and associations with specific clients. An Account Manager keeps up the organization's current associations with a clients or group of clients, so they will keep utilizing the organization for business.||584,872|
|Business Development Manager|
To upgrade the organization or association's market position and accomplish budgetary development.
BDM characterizes long term organizational strategic objectives, recognizes business openings, constructs key client connections, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains broad learning of current market conditions.
|Business Analyst||Creating technical solutions for business issues, or to advance an organization's business endeavors, starts with characterizing, examining and documenting requirements.||862,699|
To offer retail items, merchandise and ventures to clients, to work with clients to discover what they need, make arrangements and guarantee a smooth functioning.
A sales representative also works to discover new potential customers, through professional resources, customer referrals, and so forth.
|Information Systems Managers|
Information systems managers oversee technology use in a business or organization.
They make decisions about installation, maintenance and upgrades on the electronic devices used in the workplace.