B.Com in Information Technology (IT) is a 3 year undergraduate program with a specialization in the domain of IT and Computer science with its application in the commerce-related aspect.The minimum eligibility criterion which most of the institutes ask for is a score of at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) at 10+2 or equivalent level.
Some of the popular institutes/universities that offer the course in India are listed below:
- AJK College of Arts and Science
- Angappa College of Arts and Science
- Bharathidasan College of Arts and Science
- Dr. GR Damodaran College of Science
- Karim City College
The average tuition fee charged for the course in Indian colleges/University ranges between INR 10,000 to 3.25 Lacs and depends upon the nature of college/institute (that is government, state/private/deemed) as well as its location.
B.Com in Information Technology course admission involves Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method as well as merit-based selection criterion that is the percentage of marks obtained at 10+2 or equivalent level by the candidate. Colleges and Institute that provide admissions through CET mechanism rely on the score of All India Level common entrance exams like AUCET, IPU CET, and BHU CET etc while some of them go for a separate entrance exam of their own (GSAT, LPUNEST etc).
The course provides holistic knowledge of IT and computer science and its application in the commercial domain to the graduate level students. It aims at providing a complete overview of all the aspects related to the subject. Those institutes who conduct an entrance exam provide due consideration to class 12th marks and performance in the entrance exam while considering the applications for admissions.
Candidates completing the course successfully can expect job offers ranging from INR 12,000 to 16,000 per month. The annual salary in the industry can go beyond this average bracket with enhancement in the skill set and experience of the candidate.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Information Technology)
- Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Information Technology) in Tamil Nadu
- Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Information Technology) in Karnataka
- B.Com in Delhi-NCR
- B.Com in Maharashtra
- B.Com in Chennai
- B.Com in Uttar Pradesh
B.Com IT: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||3 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 55% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at 10+2 or equivalent level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 10,000 to 3.25 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 12,000 to 16,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Banks, IT companies, Taxation departments, Software development firms|
|Job Positions||IT system engineer, Assistant auditor, System analyst, Financial Information analyst, Business analyst etc.|
B.Com IT: What is it about?
Information Technology (IT) has flexed its extent to almost every aspect of our day to day life. From mobile apps, computer interface, to ATMs, we see the magic of IT in every walk of life. The financial and commercial domain has not remained untouched by this magic of IT.
IT and software tools are extensively used by auditors, traders, tax departments etc to carry on their day to day business activities. This has now fueled the demand for professionals who have good knowledge of commerce as a subject as well as a good command over IT-related skills.
B.Com. course in IT aims at delivering to this newly emerged demand of the industry by churning out qualified and skilled professionals out of graduate students with a background in commerce. The course attains its aim through structured and organized curriculum and subject division.
B.Com IT: Top Institutes
B.Com in IT is offered as a course by a good number of colleges and universities across the country to candidates who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent level examination from a recognized state or central board.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Institute||City||Average Fee (Per annum basis)|
|AJK College of Arts and Science||Coimbatore||INR 16,500|
|Angappa College of Arts and Science||Coimbatore||INR 12,489|
|Attitude Business School||Bhubaneswar||INR 14,167|
|Bharathidasan College of Arts and Science||Erode||INR 5,500|
|Delhi Degree College||New Delhi||INR 4,155|
|Dr. GR Damodaran College of Science||Coimbatore||INR 13,520|
|Insoft Institute of IT and Management||Noida||INR 18,710|
|Government Maharishi Valmiki College||Kanker||INR 783|
|Kaamadhenu Arts and Science College||Erode||INR 16,650|
|Karim City College||Jamshedpur||INR 2,233|
B.Com IT: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized state or central board with at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks.
- He/She shall not be having any Supplementary or Compartment in any of the subject/Subjects at 10+2 or equivalent level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission.
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Institutes offering admissions through Common Entrance Test go for scores of IPU CET, AUCET, CG PAT, OUAT etc. To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
B.Com IT: Admission Process
B.Com (IT) course admissions are done through common entrance test based admission process (as seen across various Universities and colleges in the country) as well as merit-based selection process (as seen in a good number of institutes/colleges).
- Students who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent level examinations with a minimum of 55% marks (relaxable for reserved category students) can make application in colleges offering the course.
- Majority of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission into B.Com. Courses (like IPU CET, GITMA) or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like BHU CET, AUCET etc. Hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for counseling cum admission process by the respective university or college.
- After counseling cum admission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering this course.
Latest Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] (Information Technology) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Maulana Azad University (MANUU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Kakatiya University (KU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) UG & PG Satellite Courses Admission 2019
B.Com IT: Syllabus and Course description
The course syllabus is divided into 6 semesters spread over a span of three years with End Semester Exams being held after each semester. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects and domain-specific modules that students are taught during the course of their under graduation. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to IT and computer science so, as to provide a holistic understanding of the subject to the undergraduate students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so, as to provide a reference to the candidates.
1st Year of Study
|S.No.||Subject of Study|
|5||Advanced Business Statistics|
2nd Year of Study
|S.No.||Subject of Study|
|1||Management Information system|
|2||System analysis and design|
|6||Control of Financial Information system|
3rd Year of Study
|S.No.||Subject of Study|
|3||Applications of IT|
B.Com IT: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have a background in commerce at 10+2 or equivalent level.
- Those who have a career as a financial accountant in mind.
- Those who are looking for public sector jobs after graduation.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
B.Com IT: Career Prospects
B.Com in Information Technology undergraduates have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work with firms such as Banks, IT companies, Taxation departments, Software development firms etc.
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where B. Com. Undergraduatesuates can look for in terms of their career.
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Assistant Auditor||The job of an Assistant auditor involves timely audit and up gradation of financial accounts of the firm as per the direction provided by the senior auditor.||INR 1.68-2.33Lacs|
|Financial Information Analyst||The job involves analysis and research on the trends and patterns in the financial spending or transaction of the firm using ICT tools to bring out optimization in expenditure and competition.||INR 2.39-2.65 Lacs|
|Business Analyst||The job of Business analyst involves chalking out ways and strategy to fuel the growth and development of company’s revenue.||INR 1.94-2.15 Lacs|
|System Analyst||A system analyst is entrusted with the responsibility of proper management and functioning of IT-based systems and tools that are involved in the day to day functioning.||INR 2.42-2.85 Lacs|
|Probationary officer||It is a typical banking job in public/private sector which requires one to take on various banking functions as a part of his/her job profile.||INR 4.82-5.15 Lacs|