Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management or BBA in HRM is an under-graduate degree in establishing and managing human resource in an organization to increase performance of the employees worked at an administrative level. It focuses on providing job analysis, training and development, performance and legal issues in a company thus acting as a vital body of an organization. The basic eligibility of the course is 10+2 in any stream. The duration of the course is 3 years.
The average fee for full time course of Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management ranges around 3 to 15 lacs amongst the top colleges.
The average entry level salary may range anywhere around 10000 to 30000 INR depending on one’s skillset and institute from which he/she has graduated.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Human Resource Management) in Tamil Nadu
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Human Resource Management) in Maharashtra
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Human Resource Management) in Karnataka
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Human Resource Management) in Gujarat
- Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Human Resource Management) in Rajasthan
The duration of the course is 3 years and each year is divided into 6 semesters where the first four semesters have common subjects to that of other BBA courses. A candidate also has an option to go for distance education and the duration of the course is the same as of the regular course.
What is the course all about?
The course is all about giving fundamental training to the students about handling and managing human resources. Managing human resources involves handling job design and analysis, workforce planning, recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, compensation (remuneration), and legal issues. All of these areas require a professional to be clear in his/her thoughts and should have the ability to understand the business values of the company to deliver the required task. Hence HR management plays a deep major role in providing the right resources to the organization to fulfill its objectives. Many of the world’s top businessmen have stated that the role nearest to that of the owner of the company, down the hierarchy is that of a human resource manager.
Who should go for the course?
Excellent communication skills and the ability to understand a variety of people is the most vital skill required to persue this course. Apart from this a person should have the skill to understand company’s needs which can be calculated by his logical and reasoning skills. Also, a candidate should have the patience and persistence to work in an environment where he has to take though decisions be it regarding performance, compensation or remuneration. Apart from this a person who has good organizational skills along with the ability to play team work is fit for the course. Strong memory and good personality are another traits that enhances the chances of success in this field hence a person possessing this skills should definitely go for the course. Last but not the least, a human resource manager is a mediator between the employer and the employee hence excellent presentation and introductory skills are also a must.
Where to study?
There are various colleges which offer this course due to high demand and strong futuristic scope. Some of the top colleges which offer this course are-
- Christ University: Bangalore
2) Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies: Pune
3) Wisdom Faculty of Management Studies, Banasthali University: Jaipur
4) Department of Business Administration, SRM University: Chennai
5) Madras Christian College: Chennai
6) Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce (ASMSOC, Narsee Monjee Institite of Management Studies University): Mumbai
7) Mount Carmel College: Bangalore
8) St. Francis College for Women: Hyderabad
9) Institute of Management Studies (IMS): Noida
10) Goswami Ganesh Dutta S.D. College: Chandigarh
Academic option after this course?
After this course, a person is advised to go for an MBA or Master of Business Administration in the same field. Apart from persuing an MBA, a person also has an option to go for M.Phil in the same. The minimum eligibility to go for either of the course is 50% in BBA.
How to Get Admission in Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Human Resource Management)
There are very few colleges who go for an entrance test for admission in BBA. Top colleges for this course issue application form and selection is purely based on merit. A cut-off is generated after evaluating the number of seats and the percentile of the applied candidates. After being shortlisted on merit basis, a candidate is called in for a personal interview to check his/her capabilities for the course although academic performance is the deciding factor. For universities like Delhi University, the cut-off can be as high as up to 99% for admission in top colleges.
- Admission Form
- Personal Interview
Latest Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] (Human Resource Management) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia UG Admissions 2019
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) BA, B.Com and B.Sc Admission 2019
- Dravidian University UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- Noorul Islam University UG and PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- MPKV B.Sc, B.Tech and BBA Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result, Fees
- FLAME University Pune BBA, BA and B.Sc. Admission 2019: Courses, placement, Fees
The same is the case with distance education programs.