Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Chemical Engineering is a four year undergraduate degree in engineering. 10+2 pass or equivalent students are eligible to take admission. Chemical engineering degree can get you a job in different sectors like Oil, Gas and Energy, Manufacturing and consumer goods, Pharmaceuticals, Chemical Industries and various PSUs. The salary of Chemical Engineering fresher ranges from Rs. 3.9 lakhs to Rs. 21.00 lakhs per annum. Chemical engineering students have a plethora of options for higher studies. They can do their MS, MBA, M.Tech or PhD from India and abroad.
Like every other engineering discipline, Chemical Engineering is based on the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and chemistry. Therefore, you must have an aptitude in these subjects in order to excel as a chemical engineer.
It is surmised that there will be a upsurge in demand for qualified chemical engineers in areas such as renewable resources, sustainability etc.
4 years (5 years in case of dual degree)
10+2 or equivalent
Counselling after taking entrance test or direct admission
Major Entrance Tests
JEE Mains, BITSAT, COMEDK, VITEEE, SRMJEEE, UPSEE
INR 4 Lakh to 10 Lakh
Average Starting salary
INR 2.5 Lakh to 7 Lakh
Top recruiting companies
ONGC,IOCL, TATA Chemicals, Reliance
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Chemical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Chemical Engineering) in Tamil Nadu
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Chemical Engineering) in Kerala
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Chemical Engineering) in Punjab
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Chemical Engineering) in Gujarat
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Chemical Engineering) in Uttar Pradesh
Top Public and Private Colleges for Chemical Engineering
Most of the engineering institutes in India offer Chemical Engineering course. However, very few of them are considered good for chemical engineering. Some institutes like ICT Mumbai,UPES Dehradun are the examples of such colleges which offer great opportunities for chemical engineers. Following are some of the best public and private colleges for chemical engineering-
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
- IIT Roorkee
- BITS Pilani
- ICT Mumbai
- NIT Trichy
- PEC University of Technology
- VIT Vellore
- PSG Tech
How to Get Admission in Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Chemical Engineering)
The general admission process in most of the institutes is on the basis of entrance tests. There are several state level and national level engineering entrance tests. Although some institutes provides direct admission on merit based on qualifying exam.
Latest Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Chemical Engineering) Admission Alert
- Andhra University Integrated B.Tech.- M.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) B.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- MANUU B.Tech and B.Ed Admission 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Koneru Lakshmaiah University (KLU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Placement, Result, Fees
- JNTU Kakinada B.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Entrance Exam, Result
Entrance Exams- There are several entrance exams in India at national and state level. Some private institutes like SRM University, BITS Pilani, VIT University etc conduct their separate entrance test. Some main national level and state level engineering entrance tests are below-
National level/ CBSE
NITs, IIITs, Most of the institutes accept JEE Main Score
BITS Pilani all campuses
SRM University all campuses
All engineering colleges of Karnataka
Direct Admission- Engineering institutes which offer direct admission have certain criteria for admission. Either they offer admission on the basis of merit in qualifying exam i.e. 10+2 or equivalent or there are some management seats reserved in private engineering colleges. For management quota the fee structure is generally higher than others.
Direct Admission for Diploma holders- Various engineering colleges in India also offer direct admission to ITI diploma holders in second year of the course. There are also some entrance exams for diploma holders which is called Lateral Entry Entrance Exams.