MBA in Pharmaceutical Management is a 2-year postgraduate course involving an advanced study of Pharmaceutical science and technology with various marketing and business strategies. The minimum eligibility for the course is graduation or equivalent qualification completed from a recognised university with a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates).
|Master of Business Administration in Maharashtra||Master of Business Administration in Uttar Pradesh||Master of Business Administration in Rajasthan||Master of Business Administration in Delhi|
The course is offered in India at an average fee ranging between INR1 and 5 Lacs. The average annual salary offered to successful postgraduates of the course in India ranges between INR 2.5 and 4 lacs, depending on the college and the recruiting organization.
Top Colleges for Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Pharmaceutical Management)
- Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Pharmaceutical Management) in Uttar Pradesh
- MBA/PGDM in Delhi-NCR
- MBA/PGDM in Maharashtra
- MBA/PGDM in Chennai
- MBA/PGDM in Uttar Pradesh
- MBA/PGDM in Telangana
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: Course Highlights
The basic course highlights for MBA in Pharmaceutical Management are tabulated below.
|Course level|| Postgraduate|
|Duration|| 2 Years|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates)|
|Admission Process||Counselling after qualification of entrance test/ direct admission/ cut-off based.|
|Course Fee||INR 2 to 8 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2.5 to 4 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Infosys, Sun Pharma, Piramal, Ranbaxy, HCL, Dabur India Ltd., and such.|
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: Course Objectives
The course principally aims to:
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: What is it About?
This course involves an integrated study of health and chemical sciences and management & marketing strategies. It academically explores areas of research, analysis, sales, innovation, consultation, distribution and administration in the sector of Pharmaceuticals with the application of various managerial and research skills and business strategies. The major components of study within the course include management, research, communication, pharmaceutical science, accounting, human resource management, aspects of Pharmaceutical business etc. Each semester consists of one or two practical subjects along with theory papers.
Top Institutes offering MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
Listed in the table below are some of the top institutes in the country offering MBA in Pharmaceutical Management, along with their respective locations, eligibility criteria, and the corresponding fees charged by each.
|NAME OF INSTITUTE||STATE||MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY||AVERAGE FEES IN INR|
|IIHMR, Jaipur, New Delhi||Rajasthan, Delhi||Bachelor’s degree in any stream with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in aggregate||3 lacs|
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
|Maharashtra||Bachelor’s degree in any stream with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in aggregate||5 lacs|
|Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi||Delhi||Bachelor’s degree in any stream with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in aggregate||1.75 lacs|
|NIPER, Mohali (Punjab)||Punjab||B.Pharm., B.Tech. (Chemical Engg. or equivalent)/ M.Sc. (Chemical/Life Sciences) with minimum 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA of 6.75||1 lakh|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur||Rajasthan||B.Pharm. with minimum 50% marks in aggregate||60,000|
Eligibility for MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
As a minimum criterion of eligibility, aspiring candidates need to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Graduation in any stream from a recognised university.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% at the level of graduation (45% for SC/ST candidates)
- Qualification of a relevant national-level entrance examination.
|Master of Business Administration in Gujarat||Master of Business Administration in Himachal Pradesh||Master of Business Administration in Madhya Pradesh||Master of Business Administration in Punjab|
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: Admission Process
Admission to the course in India is made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in a relevant State, national, or institute-level written test and/or subsequent rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview and/or performance in a relevant qualifying examination.
Through such stages, candidates’ general aptitude for the course is examined and a merit list is announced based upon it. Students still in the final year of graduation are eligible to appear for the entrance exam, but admission to such candidates is made on provisional basis, and is confirmed only once the graduation results are out.
Candidates are shortlisted based on both academic record and performance in a relevant nation-wide screening test, such as:
- CAT- Common Admission Test
- MAT- Management Aptitude Test
- XAT- Xavier Aptitude Test
- CMAT- Common Management Admission Test
- SNAP- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
- GMAT- Graduate Management Aptitude Test
- NMAT- Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test
- JEMAT – Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test JEMAT Exam
- JMET – Joint Management Entrance Test JMET Entrance
- IGNOU OPEN MAT- Indira Gandhi National Open University OPEN Management Admission Test
- ATMA- AIMS Test for Management Admissions
- IIHMR- Indian Institute of Health Management Research
- GPAT- Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test.
Latest Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Pharmaceutical Management) Admission Alert
- JNU MA, M.Sc, MCA & MBA Admission 2019: Courses, Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam
- Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Telangana University (TU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Jamia Millia Islamia PG Admissions 2019: Course, Fees, Result, Login, Entrance Exams
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: Syllabus and Course Description
The course is divided across 4 semesters, with each semester having both theoretical and practical papers.
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below.
|Quantitative techniques in Management||Business Environment|
|Managerial Economics||Cost and Management accounting|
|Managerial accounting||Marketing Management|
|Managerial Communication||Financial Management|
|Organizational Behavior||Production and operations management|
|Principles of management||Human resource management|
|Computer application in Management||Business research methodology|
|Communicative English: Laboratory 1||Communicative English: Laboratory 2|
|Strategic management||Entrepreneurship and management of innovations|
|Pharmaceutical management information system||Management control system|
|Anatomy, physiology and Pharmacology||Corporate governance and business ethics|
|Legal aspects of Pharmaceutical business||Pharmaceutical advance human resource management|
|Pharmaceutical multinational management||Pharmaceutical management research project|
|Personality growth Lab 1||Practical Work: Personality growth Lab 2|
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: Internship Options
The course involves a compulsory 8-week internship at the end of the 2nd semester, Students are needed to write internship reports and dissertations, on the basis of which, they are assessed and graded.
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: Academic Options
Successful postgraduates of the course interested in pursuing higher studies in the discipline may go for advanced courses such as:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Management
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Economics
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacy Management
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Systems Pharmacy Management.
- Fellow Programme in Management (equivalent to Ph.D.) conducted by all the IIMs.
MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: Career Prospects
Some of the popular organizations that hire such postgraduates are Dabur India Ltd., Ranbaxy Laboratories, Central Ware Housing Corp., Cipla, Infosys, Abbott India, Dr. Reddy’s lab, Lupin, Sun Pharma, Piramal, etc.
Successful Pharmaceutical Management professionals are hired in capacities such as the following:
- Sales Managers
- Market Researcher & Drug Developer
- Pharmaceuticals Distributors
- Consultant and project manager
- Pharmaceutical Purchase Manager
- Market researcher and analyst
- Formulation Pharmaceutical Technology Scientist
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Business Development Manager
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such professionals are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.