Ph.D (Marketing) is a Doctorate Sales and Marketing Management course. Total time duration to complete this course is 3 years. This is a professional degree which prepares students to teach and perform research through a variety of courses on theoretical and concerned with aspects of marketing.
The following list shows some of the colleges or institutes that offer this course:
- Sir Padampat Singhania University, Udaipur
- SIES College of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
Only those students can get admission in the college who have completed their master’s or equivalent degree in relevant field with 60% marks from a recognized board. Some of the institutes also conduct an entrance examination for those students who want to get admission in this course.
In India, the average course fee is INR 4 Lacs. This course fee is varies among institutes.
Those who have successfully completed their degree can easily earn anything range between INR 2 Lacs to INR 9 Lacs.
Such doctorates are hired in job positions such as:
- Brand Manager, Market Research Analyst, New Product Manager, Teacher & Lecturer, Marketing Executive, Resident Marketing Executive, Marketing Manager, Deputy Manager.
- Internet Marketing Manager, Tell Caller/ Telesales, Marketing Executive, e-Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications Leader.
Top Colleges for Ph.D. (Marketing)
- Ph.D. (Marketing) in Uttar Pradesh
- M.Phil/Ph.D in Management in Delhi-NCR
- M.Phil/Ph.D in Management in Maharashtra
- M.Phil/Ph.D in Management in Chennai
- M.Phil/Ph.D in Management in Uttar Pradesh
- M.Phil/Ph.D in Management in Telangana
Ph.D (Marketing): Course Highlights
The following table shows the major highlights of the course:
|Examination Type||Semester system/ Year wise|
|Eligibility||Completed masters or equivalent degree in relevant field with 60% marks from a recognized board.|
|Admission Process||Merit Based/ Entrance Test|
|Course Fees||INR 4 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 9 Lacs|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Research & Educational Institutes, Accenture in India, Printvenue, Basil Lifecare Pvt. Ltd., DHTC Logistics Ltd., Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Pvt. Ltd., Raymond Limited.|
|Job Positions||Brand Manager, Market Research Analyst, New Product Manager, Teacher & Lecturer, Marketing Executive, Resident Marketing Executive, Marketing Manager, Deputy Manager, Internet Marketing Manager, Marketing Executive, e-Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications Leader.|
Ph.D (Marketing): What is it About?
Ph.D. in Marketing prepares career of the students in research. Common courses that students can take in Marketing Ph.D. programs are microeconomics, consumer behaviour, and data analysis. Marketing is the action or business of promoting and selling products or services.
In Ph.D. (Marketing) applicants learn consumer behaviour (mainly psychology based) and quantitative modelling (based on economics) and statistical theories. The course syllabus is of three years but its syllabus is divided into two semesters.
Applicants enrolled in the course are taught to:
- Develop integrated campaigns or producing a comprehensive marketing strategy and the ability to prioritize workload.
- How to make Branding Strategies, Quantitative Marketing Methods, Statistics and Management, Psychometrics, and Econometrics.
Top Institutes offering Ph.D (Marketing)
The following table shows the list of top institutes that offer this course:
|Name of the Institute||City/ State||Average Fees|
|Amity University||Mumbai, Maharashtra||INR 50, 000|
|Delhi School of Management||Delhi||INR 20, 500|
|GITAM University||Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh||INR 60, 000|
|HKBK College of Engineering||Bangalore, Karnataka||INR 70, 000|
|Rama University||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh||INR 59, 000|
|Sir Padampat Singhania University||Udaipur, Rajasthan||INR 40, 000|
|SIES College of Management Studies||Mumbai||INR 45, 000|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration||Chennai||INR 95, 050|
|Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management||Mumbai||INR 72, 000|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai||INR 57, 000|
|Department of Management Studies||Chennai||INR 11, 871|
|Department of Management Studies IIT Delhi||New Delhi||INR 12, 900|
|Department of Management||Pilani, Rajasthan||INR 64, 292|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade||Kolkata, West Bengal||INR 1, 00, 000|
|Amrita School of Business||Coimbatore||INR 1, 33, 333|
Eligibility for Ph.D (Marketing)
Students are advised to check the following eligibility criteria for taking admission in this course:
- Students must possess Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in relevant field from recognized board or institute with 60% marks in corresponding subjects.
|Top Marketing Colleges in Maharashtra||Top Marketing Colleges in Uttar Pradesh||Top Marketing Colleges in Delhi NCR||Top Marketing Colleges in Tamil Nadu|
Ph.D(Marketing): Admission Process
Admission of the student in this course is done on the basis of marks secured by them in Master’s degree or equivalent examination. The admission process is different among institutes or universities. Some of the institutes conduct entrance exam followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Latest Ph.D. (Marketing) Admission Alert
- JNU Ph.D. Admission 2019: Eligibility, Application Process, Admission Process
- Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D, M.Phil. Admissions 2019: Login, Application Form
- GITAM Ph.D. Admissions 2019: Courses, Placement, Fees
- Dravidian University M.Phil. and Ph.D. Admissions 2019: Courses, Dates, Reasult
- BR Ambedkar University (BRAOU) Srikakulam M.Phil and Ph.D Admissions 2019: Exam Dates, Hall Tickets, Results
- Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra Ph.D. Admissions 2019: Cut Off, Placement, Fees
Ph.D (Marketing): Syllabus and Course Description
The following table shows the syllabus of this course:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Marketing Models||Brand and Product Management|
|Marketing Theory||Regarding Seminar in Advertising Management|
|Theories in Consumer Behaviour||Supply Chain Management|
|Advances in Retail Management||Marketing and Public Policy|
Ph.D (Marketing): Career Prospects
Those who have successfully completed this course can join as a Marketing executive, marketing manager or product manager. Applicants should have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Students have scope for Advertising and Marketing professionals who are employed in various industries such as Professional, Scientific and Technical Services, Manufacturing, Whole Trade and Retail Trade.
The following table shows the various job positions along with its description and corresponding salaries:
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Brand Manager||Brand Manager helps in making Plan, develop and direct marketing efforts for particular brand or product.||9, 14, 699|
|Market Research Analyst||They help in Gathering and Analyzing market data||3, 51, 516|
|New Product Manager||They develop products by identifying potential products, market research, generating product requirements, pricing, and plans for product introduction etc||6, 04, 074|
|Marketing Executive||Marketing executive involved in developing marketing, promoting a product, service or idea etc||2, 47, 546|
|Resident Marketing Executive||Their job responsibilities include overseeing and approving company’s budget.||2, 42, 075|
|Marketing Manager||They are responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for an entire organization.||6, 44, 431|
|Deputy Manager||Deputy manager usually works for or assists general manager.||8, 64, 108|
|Internet Marketing Manager||Internet Marketing Managers are responsible for creating and implementing strategies to increase sales and revenue for a company.||4, 12, 492|