M.Pharm. in Quality Assurance is a 2- year postgraduate Pharmacy course. Quality assurance involves a planned and systematic set of activities implemented to fulfill quality requirements for a product or service. Students enrolled to the course are taught the essential components of quality assurance programs, such as goals, benchmarks, leadership and motivation. The course covers the latest industry trends, standards like ISO and Six Sigma, and the importance of quality assurance in the manufacture of food, service and pharmaceuticals.
The duration of the course is 2 years spread over 3 semesters. Quality Assurance is a vital component of the pharmaceutical industry, performed with the aim of providing superior quality end products. The quality of pharmaceuticals is a global topic of concern, and drugs need to be marked as safe. Quality control has the purpose of ensuring that the grade of products is excellent and the processes employed are hygienic and viable. This department is responsible for checking all aspects surrounding a product. Quality Assurance further checks the product which have been approved by the Quality Control department.
Successful postgraduates of the course are hired for roles such as supervising improvement in performance/quality, directing policies and objectives to maximize profitability, maintaining records, analyzing and distributing product information. They may also pursue managerial roles and write technical reports for customers’ charters, or take up opportunities in fields like environment, biomedicine, computer and software testing, etc.
The course fees in India ranges between INR 10,000 and 2 lacs. The average annual salary offered to such postgraduates in India ranges between INR 3 and 10 lacs.
Top Colleges for Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Quality Assurance)
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Quality Assurance) in Maharashtra
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Quality Assurance) in Gujarat
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Quality Assurance) in Karnataka
- Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Quality Assurance) in Rajasthan
- M.Pharm in Delhi-NCR
- M.Pharm in Maharashtra
M.Pharm. in Quality Assurance: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Direct admission to colleges. Entrance test in some cases.|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000 - 2 lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 - 10 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Fields/Areas||Pharmaceutical firms, Labs, Hospitals, etc. Teaching opportunities in Pharmacy institutes and colleges.|
M.Pharm. in Quality Assurance: What is it About?
The course has been designed to address the need of quality assurance from a scientific perspective. A variety of aspects of Quality Assurance, documentation, regulatory affairs, training, and analysis on advanced equipment are included in the course’s curriculum. Students enrolled to the course are prepared for assuming analytical, regulatory and quality functions in related organizations.
M.Pharm. in Quality Assurance: Who should opt?
Ideal students of the course would possess the following:
- interpersonal skills for maintaining a cohesive team that works in sound collaboration.
- good presentation skills for working with various heads in the organization.
- excellent technical, organizational, planning, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Top Institutes offering M.Pharm. in Quality Assurance
Listed below are some of the top institutes offering the course in the country with the corresponding locations and fees charged by each.
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees in INR|
|Anand Pharmacy College||Anand||90,000|
|AR College of Pharmacy||Vallabh Vidyanagar||15,500|
|Babaria Institute of Pharmacy||Vadodara||66,000|
|Chitkara University, [CU] Patiala||Patiala||1,50,000|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||1,39,000|
|Rajiv Gandhi Technical University||Bhopal||25,000|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar University Mullana Campus||Ambala||1,40,000|
|Jodhpur National University||Jodhpur||1,27,000|
|Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University||Pune||2,20,000|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University||Hyderabad||90,000|
|Brilliant Grammar School Education Society’s Group of Institutions||Telangana||28,000|
|Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women's University||Mumbai||25,000|
Eligibility for M.Pharm. in Quality Assurance
As a minimum criterion of eligibility, candidates aspiring for admission to the course are needed to have attained the 10+2 qualification in the science stream. Graduation needs to have been completed with a minimum aggregate score of 45 to 50%, and from a recognized university/ institution.
|Master of Pharmacy in Rajasthan||Master of Pharmacy in Madhya Pradesh||Master of Pharmacy in Andhra Pradesh||Master of Pharmacy in Tamil Nadu|
M.Pharm. in Quality Assurance: Admission Process
The admission process for the course is varied, as various institutes have their very own criteria and processes of admission. Admission to the course is often based on the candidate’s obtained merit at the 10+2 level, and often on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance exam, followed by a round of counselling, wherein the student’s general aptitude for the course is examined, and based on performance in which, students are admitted.
Some of the major entrance exams held in the country for admission to the course are:
- GPAT: Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test is a national level examination conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. The results also determine the eligibility of the students for scholarships and other financial assistance.
- TS EAMCET: Telangana State Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test is conducted for admission to engineering and medical colleges in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, India.
- TS POLYCET: Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test is a State-level entrance exam for candidates belonging to the State of Telangana. The exam is administered by the Telangana State Board of Technical Education.
- TS PGECET: Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is an entrance test for Admission into regular PG Courses in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy (ME / M.Tech./ M.Pharmacy./ M.Arch) in the State of Telangana. The test is conducted by Osmania University on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education.
Latest Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm] (Quality Assurance) Admission Alert
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- JNTU Kakinada M.Tech, MBA and MCA Admissions 2019: Courses, Entrance Exam, Result
- JNTU Hyderabad M.Tech and M.Pharm Admissions 2019: Courses, Time Table, Result, Fees
- GITAM University M.Tech and M.Pharm Admissions 2019: Courses, Placement, Fees
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University (BBAU) MA and M.Sc Admission 2019
- Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra PG Admissions 2019: Cut Off, Placement, Fees
M.Pharm. in Quality Assurance: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below.
|Analytical Techniques I|
|Quality Management I|
|Computing & Statistics|
|Analytical Techniques II|
|Quality Management II|
|Product Development II|
|Project and Dissertation work|
M.Pharm. in Quality Assurance: Career Prospects
Successful postgraduates of the course are lucratively hired in areas such as:
- Manufacturing Companies
- Engineering Companies
- Automotive Companies
- Textile Companies
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Processing Companies
- Service Industries
- Educational Establishments
- Government Departments
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such postgraduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Quality Assurance Specialist||The job of a Quality Assurance Specialist is to conduct quality assurance audits of bottler production facilities, ensuring that company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. They function as an information source to bottlers and various company departments at times of special and critical quality issues.||5 - 7 lacs|
|Quality Assurance Tester||The job of a Quality Assurance Tester is to provide the means and measures to test all the aspects of a software solution, both functionally and technically. This is done to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solution.||3 - 5 lacs|
|Quality Control Executive||The main objective of Quality Control Executives is to test the product for its intended use and make sure that it performs as per the manufacturer's specifications.||9 - 11 lacs|
|Quality Assurance Analyst||Quality Assurance Analysts manipulate materials and take sample items to make sure that they work properly. Basic Math and computer knowledge are needed when analyzing, calibrating or measuring materials.||3 - 6 lacs|