M.E. Electronics Engineering is a Post Graduate course in engineering with a specialization in the domain of electronics and electrical engineering along with its related aspects. The course is of two years divided into four semesters. A minimum of 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks at UG level is the least which almost all the institutes desire from applying candidates (in the form of eligibility criterion).
Some of the popular colleges and universities offering the course are:
- Lovely Professional University
- Amity University
The fee for the course varies between INR 70,000 to 3, 50,000 in India. The variation in fee is based on the location and nature of university (that is government, state/private/deemed etc.).
M.E. Electronics Engineering course admissions are done through a Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method as well as a merit-based selection criterion that is the percentage of marks obtained at Under Graduate (UG) level. Most of the colleges who provide admissions through CET mechanism rely on the score of All India level common entrance exams like GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering), while a select few opt for a separate entrance exam of their own (Like LUPNEST, BITSAT HD etc.).
The course is designed to provide subject-specific skills and knowledge to the master’s level students so as to equip them with a holistic knowledge of the subject that will enable them to persecute the learning in a practical sense.
Post Graduates in Electronics Engineering have a wide range of job opportunities like hardware engineer, Electrical and Electronics engineer, Product line engineer, Technical writer, Production quality manager etc. After completion of post graduation, one may pursue further studies like M.Phil and Ph.D. in the said subject or may take up job opportunities associated. The average salary ranges between INR 16,000 and 20,000 per month for a fresh pass out.
Top Colleges for Master of Engineering [ME] (Electronics Engineering)
- Master of Engineering [ME] (Electronics Engineering) in Maharashtra
- ME/M.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- ME/M.Tech in Maharashtra
- ME/M.Tech in Chennai
- ME/M.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- ME/M.Tech in Telangana
M.E. Electronics Engineering: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 55% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 70,000 to 3.5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 16,000 to 20,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Tata steel, National Physical Laboratory, Broadcasting stations, Samsung, LG, Lenovo|
|Job Position||Electronics hardware engineer, Electrical and Electronics engineer, Product line engineer, Technical writer, Production quality manager etc|
M.E. Electronics Engineering: What is it about?
The domain of electronics has seen an exponential growth in past few decades. From a select few electronics manufacturers in the past to a number of manufacturing units in present, the industry is experiencing a demand enhancement and is trying to keep up the pace with the advancement in technology.
To make more reliable, technologically advanced, and cost-effective electronics equipment meeting the demand of end consumer, the industry requires a band of the trained professionals who have in-depth knowledge of the subject both academically and practically.
A master’s course in Electronics engineering aims at creating that professional band of the qualified and trained professional who will meet the needs of the industry in the coming time. The course design and structure focuses on imparting theoretical and practical knowledge to the students in a gradual and practice-based manner to the PG students.
M.E. Electronics Engineering: Top Institutes
M.E. Electronics Engineering is offered as a course by many colleges/universities to candidates who have passed their UG or equivalent examination from a recognized state or central University.
Students can take admission in the course through Common Entrance Test conducted by certain exam conducting authorities such as IITs, IIIT, AKTU, etc as well as separate exams conducted by respective colleges/Universities (Like LPU, BITS) that are offering this course.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Government College of Engineering||Aurangabad||INR 64,171|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 85,000|
|GD Goenka World Institute||Gurugram||INR 2,75,000|
|Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya||Indore||INR 51,171|
|Anna University||Chennai||INR 65, 470|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar||INR 1, 22,000|
M.E. Electronics Engineering: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the B.E/B.Tech or equivalent examination in the respective stream from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University with at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) of the marks.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the subject/Subjects at UG level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission (like work experience of few years).
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Most of the Institute give admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET) (like GATE, IIIT PG, and UPSEE). To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
M.E. Electronics Engineering: Admission Process
The process for admission into the course mostly involves a common entrance test based admission process (as seen across various Universities and colleges in the country).
- Most of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission into M.E courses (like LUPNEST, BITSAT HD) or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like GATE, IIIT PG, and UPSEE. Hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective university or college.
- After admission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering this course.
Latest Master of Engineering [ME] (Electronics Engineering) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
M.E. Electronics Engineering: Syllabus and Course description
The syllabus of the course is divided into 4 semesters spread over a span of two years. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects and practical modules that students are taught during the course of their post-graduation. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to electronics engineering so as to provide a holistic understanding of the subject to the master’s level students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so as to provide a reference to the candidates.
|Semester 1||Semester II|
|Applied Mathematics||Machine Vision|
|Advanced Digital Signal Processing||RF system design|
|Radiation System||Optical signal processing|
|VLSI design techniques||Elective 1|
|Wireless Communication Networks||Optical Fiber communication|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Data Communication Networks||Project Stage 2|
|Mobile communication||Elective 3|
|Neural networks||Satellite Communication|
|Elective 2||Speech and Audio Signal Processing|
|Project stage I||Wireless LAN|
|Low power VLSI design||Microwave Integrated Circuits|
|Design of semiconductor memories||Practical|
M.E. Electronics Engineering: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have a background in the subject.
- Those who have a career as Electronics engineer in mind.
- Those who are looking for a career in Indian Engineering Services.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
M.E. Electronics Engineering: Career Prospects
M.E. Electronics Engineering postgraduates have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work with companies such as Tata steel, National Physical Laboratory, Broadcasting stations, Samsung, LG, Lenovo etc.
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where electronics engineering postgraduates can look for in terms of their career.
|Job Profile||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Electronics Engineer||It is a typical job profile in the domain which involves working on design, execution, and simulation of the electronic circuit.||INR 2.85-3.33 Lacs|
|Radio Engineer||The job of a radio engineer involves working with communication and other electronic equipment that work on radio frequency channelization.||INR 2.76-3.15 Lacs|
|Network Engineer||The job involves working on communication networks so as to ensure proper connectivity through communication channels like Mobile communication, Internet etc.||INR 2.70-3.1 Lacs|
|Production line manager||A production line manager is involved in overall management and supervision of electronics manufacturing assembly line so as to ensure smooth functioning of product’s production rate.||INR 2.73-3.34Lacs|
|Technical Content developer||A technical content developer is indulged in the task of preparation of domain-specific content for websites or ready reference modules for students.||INR 2.2-3 Lacs|