MBA in Design Management is a 2-year full-time postgraduate course divided into 4 semesters. Design, as a universal concept, plays an important role across all fields, such as:
- Information Technology
The discipline is applied across various such sectors to help promote brands and products, to bring in efficiency in any business practice.
|FASHION DESIGN COLLEGES IN RAJASTHAN||FASHION DESIGN COLLEGES IN KARNATAKA||FASHION DESIGN COLLEGES IN UTTAR PRADESH||FASHION DESIGN COLLEGES IN DELHI|
This makes it essential for professionals to possess practical knowledge of:
- design the trends in the market.
- how they affect management practices.
As an academic discipline, Design Management encompasses:
- on-going business processes.
- business decisions, strategies.
- business-based innovation and creation of services.
- introduction of effective design to:
- organizational success.
- inter-relationship between:
- competitive advantage across the triple bottom line of:
- social/ cultural
- environmental factors.
Design is the art and science of facilitating collaboration and synergy between aesthetics and business to improve organizational impact.
Top Colleges for Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Fashion Design Management)
- MBA/PGDM in Delhi-NCR
- MBA/PGDM in Maharashtra
- MBA/PGDM in Chennai
- MBA/PGDM in Uttar Pradesh
- MBA/PGDM in Telangana
Major components of study included within the discipline are:
- project accounting.
- core marketing concepts.
- organizational behaviour.
- design concepts focused on the user.
- creativity for transcending traditional ideologies.
- project management.
- operations management.
- strategic management.
- art of bringing creativity into brands/ organizations.
- concepts of Interior Design.
- business fundamentals such as:
Students of the course are taught to:
- design spaces with fabric, furniture, and lighting.
- collaborate practicality with creativity.
- understand and apply various aspects of design such as space and structures, and the way we interact with them.
- grasp and apply manipulation of textures, colours, light and form.
- transform visualised intent into creative spaces.
- design transformational strategies.
- manage innovation and new business development in any of all the diverse sectors such as:
- products, services.
- CT, governance.
- life and entertainment, etc.
- operate in social enterprises, industries, consultancies, and such.
Such professionals, professionally manage written content in publications such as magazines, books, newspapers, other such media.
Job responsibilities of such postgraduates typically include:
- editing, reviewing written work and sentence structure.
- making corrections to grammar and spelling.
- rewriting stories, performing fact check duties.
- helping writers develop their ideas.
- making publication decisions.
- giving final approval to completed work.
- operating in industries such as fashion or publishing.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 50,000 and 6 Lacs for a span of 2 years.
The average annual salary offered to successful professionals of the discipline in India ranges between INR 2 and 20 lacs, increasing with the candidate’s experience and skillset.
MBA in Design Management: Course Highlights
Tabulated below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Admission Process||based on performance in entrance exam|
|Top recruiting organizations||Steelcase, Motorola, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, etc.|
|Top recruiting areas||Information technology, Environment design, Textile industry, Fashion design, and such.|
|Top job profiles||Costume Designer, Technical Designer, Fabric Designer, Fashion Coordinator, among others.|
|Course Fee||INR 50,000 to 6 lakhs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 20 lakhs|
MBA in Design Management: What is it all About?
Students enrolled to the course are imparted:
- values of sensitivity and perceptivity.
- professional, creative and innovative approaches to looking at life and business processes.
- experiential and transformational exposure to the industry in the form of:
- rural exposure
- live projects
- field studies
- environmental exposure
- immersive and participative live-in case studies in social and corporate sectors.
Such candidates are taught to develop advanced learning in:
- basics of design and management.
- design-based research.
- cognitive neuroscience.
- social behaviour.
- multi-sensory processes.
- designing strategies.
- behavioural economics.
- aesthetic appreciation.
- Experience-based design.
- project management.
- design audit to service and systems design.
- creative strategic leadership.
- design of contextually effective strategies.
- business processes, policies, tools and techniques for any and all sectors.
Top Institutes offering MBA in Design Management
Some of the top institutes offering the course in the country with the corresponding locations and fees charged by the respective colleges are listed below.
|NAME OF INSTITUTE||CITY||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEES|
|MIT Institute of Design||Pune||INR 5,08,000|
|Cadence Academy of Design||Nagpur||INR 2,65,000|
|Cindrebay School of Interior Design||Calicut||INR 50,000|
|International Institute of Fashion Design||Punjab||INR 4,69,000|
|International Institute of Fashion Design||Dehradun||INR 2,80,000|
|International Institute of Fashion Design||Hyderabad||INR 76,000|
|International Institute of Fashion Design||Jabalpur||INR 1,30,00|
|International Institute of Fashion Design||Pune||INR 2,49,000|
|Pacific University||Udaipur||INR 70,000|
Eligibility for MBA in Design Management
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful completion of graduation in any stream, from a recognized university.
- A minimum aggregate score of 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) at the level of graduation.
- Preferably, relevant previous work experience or prior exposure to design.
|FASHION DESIGN COLLEGES IN MAHARASHTRA||FASHION DESIGN COLLEGES IN TAMIL NADU||FASHION DESIGN COLLEGES IN KERALA||FASHION DESIGN COLLEGES IN GUJARAT|
MBA in Design Management: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the level of graduation.
Listed below are the usual stages followed of the entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
The three sections of the admission process include:
- Design aptitude test
- Studio test
- Personal interview.
Latest Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Fashion Design Management) Admission Alert
- JNU MA, M.Sc, MCA & MBA Admission 2019: Courses, Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam
- Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Telangana University (TU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Jamia Millia Islamia PG Admissions 2019: Course, Fees, Result, Login, Entrance Exams
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
MBA in Design Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester - wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below.
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Management organizational behavior||Accounting for managers|
|Managerial economics||Computer applications in management|
|Customer relationship management||Research methodology|
|Communication skills and report writing||Building materials and elements|
|Foundation to design basic drawing||CAD|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|Entrepreneurship development||Professional practice|
|Business laws||Tenders and contracts|
|Interior space planning services||Project management|
|Estimation costing||Project work|
MBA in Design Management: Career Prospects
Design Management is the process of cohesively connecting all aspects involved in the design process including:
- Client-based design creation.
Popular hiring areas for such professionals include:
- graphic design
- motion pictures.
Such postgraduates at the entry-level, often work as:
- production assistants
- project management assistants.
- product developers
- brand strategists
- project managers
- advertising executives
- marketing managers
- business directors
- graphic designers
- art director for plays, magazines, movies, product packaging and newspapers.
Such professionals also:
- review sketches.
- oversee set construction and scene designs.
- select photographs and images to use.
- approve final work.
- present the finished product to the client.
Some of the top professional positions open to such postgraduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|JOB POSITION||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY IN INR|
|Costume Designer||Costume Designers combine elements of colour and fabric textures to provide a visual understanding of characters in terms of social status, age, occupation, and era. Such designers also often create fashion statements and are a critical element in television shows, theatre productions, and movies. Costume Design is a branch of fashion design; the majority of Costume Designers hold an undergraduate degree in fashion design.||INR 5,40,000|
|Fashion Coordinator||Fashion Designers and retail companies are some of the employers that hire fashion assistants. Some fashion certificate and degree programs successfully prepare candidates for a career in these positions. They can occupy entry-level positions across many different realms of the fashion industry. They prefer candidates who graduated from a certificate or degree program, some positions don't require any formal education.||INR 7,80,000|
|Graphic Designer||Graphic Design Specialists help clients communicate an appealing image through digital, electronic and print media. They may apply brochures, design logos, signs, movie credits and web site graphics. They often work for advertising, marketing, and media management firms. Designers assess client problems and design graphic solutions to aid product branding and sales. They also display cultural sensitivity in order to create images that are favourably received by consumers.||INR 2,74,000|
|Fabric Buyer||(Merchandise) Fabric Buyers purchase a broad range of finished goods and products either for wholesalers or retailers. They should be able to evaluate current trends and negotiate the best price for the products their company sells. A degree is generally necessary to begin a career in this field. There is no required certification as such for this job but options are available that can assist in helping applicants secure employment.||INR 5,21,000|
|Technical Designer||Technical Designers/ Design Specialists work with computers and may also draw sketches. Designers choose artwork, and type size to produce an effective visual image. They have expertise with software graphics in order to design layouts and create animation effects. They use computer graphics to animate ideas and information with sound and movement. also, they work on films, create titles and credits to evoke a feeling that mirrors the movie theme. They may create charts or use a certain colour or typeface to highlight text. ||INR 9,00,000|