Bachelor of Technology in Textile Chemistry or B. Tech. Textile Chemistry is an undergraduate course which teaches how chemistry is used in textile industry. It is a type of course where students will learn about the ideas to use science into the textile work functions and bring out finished products. A student pursuing this course will learn to identify materials and fiber of various types like synthetic, man-made fibers etc., and bring out through it a new splendid product.
It is a 4 year course, divided into 8 semesters which means 2 semesters per year.
Any person who has passed 10+2 with is eligible to pursue this course. The average tuition fee of the course varies from around 35,000 INR to 75,000 INR per semester.
It is an in-demand course in the market and any person who has graduated from this course successfully will find a niche in the career race. Top recruiters for Textile Chemistry graduates include Vardhman, Grasim Industries etc. The search for the job would also be quite enhancing with multiple job profiles after graduation like Quality Control Supervisors, Process Engineers etc. The average salary of a graduate will range from 25,000 INR to 30,000 INR.
What is the course about?
B. Tech Textile Chemistry is a blended combination of chemistry and textile understanding. Enhanced learning process makes individual apply science and technology into material and textile products. The course provides a chance to gain knowledge of various types of fibers and products related to textile industry. The course prepares students to artistically modify the raw materials for manufacturer and industry usage.
Who should opt for the course?
Any person who seeks a career in the textile and clothing industry must go for this course. This course teaches how to apply scientific and analytical chemistry skills into manufacturing, thus a person who has an aptitude for science and wants to develop their skill into production of finished products such as textiles from raw materials must opt for this course. Processes like cleansing and dyeing are taught within this course as core subjects, anyone having interests in these fields should go ahead with this course.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Textile Chemistry)
- BE/B.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- BE/B.Tech in Maharashtra
- BE/B.Tech in Chennai
- BE/B.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- BE/B.Tech in Telangana
B. Tech Textile Chemistry is a 4 years long course. It is divided into 8 semesters which means 2 semesters per year. The maximum duration to complete the course is 6 years. If you are pursuing this course from distance learning the duration remains the same.
Textile Chemistry is a popular course in today’s world. There are many young aspirants who are ready to take a step into this course. There are colleges and universities across India which offer this course under their curriculum. Such college and universities have gained professional esteem by providing expert faculty and on campus facilities and placements. Some of the Top Institutes offering B. Tech Textile Chemistry are mentioned here under:
Name of the Institute
Institute of Chemical Technology
The Technological Institute of Textile and Sciences
UP Textile Technology Institute
MLV Government Textile and Engineering College
DKTE Society’s Textile and Engineering Institute
SSM College of Engineering
How to Get Admission in Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Textile Chemistry)
Getting admission into B. Tech. Textile Chemistry is through an entrance exam. For engineering courses there is a separate entrance exam conducted by IIT’s, known as JEE or Joint Entrance Examination.
Latest Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Textile Chemistry) Admission Alert
- Andhra University Integrated B.Tech.- M.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Result
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) B.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) B.Tech and B.Arch Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- MANUU B.Tech and B.Ed Admission 2019: Courses, Results, Cut Off, Dates, Fees
- Koneru Lakshmaiah University (KLU) UG Admissions 2019: Courses, Placement, Result, Fees
- JNTU Kakinada B.Tech Admissions 2019: Courses, Entrance Exam, Result
JEE is a 2 stage exam: JEE Main and JEE Advanced. For taking admission into B. Tech. Textile Chemistry students have to secure rank in JEE mains exams.
- Application Process: Application process generally starts in November and online process of application finishes in mid December. Admit cards are available in the month of March.
- JEE Mains: The JEE examination is divided into two stages and entrance into engineering colleges varies upon these two stages. The first stage is of JEE mains, it is conducted both offline and computer based. It is the earlier form of AIEEE. The rank/marks obtained in this test will determine the students entry in next stage and also decides for entry into various engineering colleges and in B.tech Textile Chemistry like courses.
- Interview: Students rank in JEE Main is considered by colleges for admission. Colleges release cutoff marks and students whose ranks or marks stands in favor of the released cutoff can go ahead and take admission. Students have to also pass through an interview in the last, or the time of submission of documents.
Apart from JEE there are other exams conducted for admission to the program conducted by other universities and state boards. These tests are similar in pattern to the JEE Main exams.