L.L.M. in Intellectual Property Rights is a post graduate course essentially involving concepts of initial and propelled protected innovation (Intellectual Property) and innovation law. It explores on an advanced level the concepts and processes involved in the investigation of approaches influencing licensed innovation and innovation law under the direction of driving researchers in the field. The curriculum covers an extensive variety of areas across insurance of innovations, items, exchange marks, in direct relation with law.
Divided into 2 semesters, this is a 1- year long course if pursued full- time, and 2- year long if pursued part- time. The average starting salary offered in India for successful postgraduates of the course ranges between INR 35,000 and 90,000 monthly.
L.L.M. in Intellectual property Rights: Course Objectives
Listed here are some of the principle objectives of the course.
- To prepare eligible candidates to work as Intellectual Property lawyers and supporting professionals engaged with large- scale institutions and regulatory bodies.
- To build in eligible students the requisite skills and knowledge needed for promoting growth in an increasingly knowledge- driven society.
Top Colleges for Master of Laws [L.L.M.] (Intellectual Property Rights)
- LLM in Delhi-NCR
- LLM in Maharashtra
- LLM in Chennai
- LLM in Uttar Pradesh
- LLM in Telangana
L.L.M. in Intellectual Property Rights: Course Highlights
Tabulated here are the basic highlights of the course.
|Name of the course||L.L.M. In Intellectual Property Rights|
|Course Level||Post- graduation|
|Duration||3 years, full- time/ Distance Learning|
|Stream||Intellectual Property Rights|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Admission Process||On the basis of merit obtained at the level of graduation, entrance tests and interviews in case of some institutes|
|Average Course Fee||INR 15K to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 10 Lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||R&D institutes, State- run Patent Information centers funded by Department of Law & Technology, GOL, Pharmaceutical Industry, Cosmetics & Beauty Product, Design Departments/ Units, Agri- based Units, Law Firms|
Top Institutes Offering L.L.M. in Intellectual Property Rights
The average tuition fee charged in India for B.Sc. in Bio-Informatics ranges between INR 15,000 (government institutes) to 5 lacs (private institutes).
Listed below are some of the best institutes in India that offer L.L.M. in Intellectual Property Rights.
|SR.NO.||COLLEGE/INSTITUTE||STATE||TUITION FEES (PER YEAR) IN INR||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||ADMISSION PROCEDURE|
| 1||Pacific School Of Law||Udaipur, Rajasthan||50,000||Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks Graduation||Based on the candidate’s performance in the relevant entrance test|
|2 ||Punjabi University||Punjab||1,00,845||Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks Graduation||Based on the candidate’s performance in the relevant entrance test|
|3 ||Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar, Punjab||49,500||Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks Graduation||Based on the candidate’s performance in the relevant entrance test|
| 4||National Law University||New Delhi||65,000||Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks Graduation||Students are admitted in L.L.M. in Intellectual property Rights through entrance test.|
Eligibility for L.L.M. in Intellectual Property Rights
Listed here are the basic minimum criteria of eligibility needed to be fulfilled for admission to the course.
- A 3 to 5- year long LL.B. in Intellectual Property Rights from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ ST candidates).
- Applicants in the last year of the LL.B. examination are also eligible to apply.
L.L.M. in Intellectual Property Rights: Admission Process
Admission to the course is done in 2 stages:
- Institutional Test (involving objective and subjective- type questions (of weightage 70%)
- Personal Interview- involving assessment of fitness, work experience, publications and statement of purpose (of weightage 30%).
A few universities in India also conduct their own tests for admission to the course.
Latest Master of Laws [L.L.M.] (Intellectual Property Rights) Admission Alert
- Telangana University (TU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Jamia Millia Islamia PG Admissions 2019: Course, Fees, Result, Login, Entrance Exams
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU) LLB and LLM Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- NALSAR University LL.M Admissions 2019: Courses, Entrance Exam, Placement, Fees
L.L.M. in Intellectual Property Rights: Career Prospects
Successful candidates of the course interested in higher studies in the discipline may go for pursuing MPhil or PhD in the subject.
Such postgraduates are hired as Legal Counselors, Legal Administrators, Legal Experts, Patent and Trademark Attorneys, etc.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such graduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Title||Job Description||Average Annual Salary in INR|
|Lead Analyst||A Lead Analyst is principally in charge of the improvement, introduction and support of farming product supply. Additionally, a Lead Expert arranges, introduces and looks after servers, screens the servers for execution and accessibility and keeps up current OS levels across servers.||6,26,758 – 19,50,750|
|Patent Agent||A Patent Agent help with patent application processes. Affirmed by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Patent Operators help forthcoming creators explore the mind- boggling prerequisites of patent applications.||1,80,005 - 1,680,000|
|Patent Analyst||A Patent Analyst performs different patent analyses in electrical/electronic/software engineering innovation areas, oversee patent databases and investigate patent productions. They investigating non-patent writings and perform different sorts of patent investigations, for example, claims mapping, portfolio examination, patent classification, patent valuation and so forth.||3,18,000 - 6,75,000|
L.L.M. in Intellectual Property Rights: Syllabus and Course Structure
The major subjects covered in the course curriculum are listed here:
- Introduction to Law
- Overview of Intellectual Property
- Copyright and Design Law
- Trademarks, Passing off & Geographical Indications
- Traditional Knowledge and Biodiversity
- Advanced IP Issues
- IP Litigation
- Commercialization of IP & Licensing
- Plant Breeders Rights
- International & Comparative IP Law
- Research Project.