MBA Power Management is a postgraduate course in power management. Power management is a branch of engineering which is combined with management by this course. The duration of this course is 2 years divided into four semesters. For MBA Power Management, the average tuition fee ranges from 2 lakhs INR to 9 lakhs INR in most of the B schools of India offering this course.
A candidate should score a minimum aggregate of 45% in an undergraduate degree from any recognized university or equivalent. Admission to this course is done through national level entrance test like CAT.
Post completion of the course, the students can make a successful career in top companies in both private and public sectors such as Damodar Valley Corporation, NTPC, Power Finance Corporation etc.
MBA Power Management is a postgraduate engineering and management course. Hence, its duration is two years, which is spread over four semesters.
Top Colleges for Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Power Management)
- Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Power Management) in Maharashtra
- MBA/PGDM in Delhi-NCR
- MBA/PGDM in Maharashtra
- MBA/PGDM in Chennai
- MBA/PGDM in Uttar Pradesh
- MBA/PGDM in Telangana
What is MBA Power Management?
Power management is a branch of management that is focuses on improved value creation through efficient utilization of energy. Being a postgraduate engineering and management course, the objective of this course is to produce intellectual and proficient power managers. It is done by this course through enhancing the abilities and skills of students for application of management theories and expertise in the live problems faced by power industry in terms of power transmission, distribution and generation. This course aims at training the students in the areas like operations management, digital telecom rectifier, planar magnetic design, layout consideration, power control, construction and power supply.
This discipline is also available as a specialization in MBA program in C.P. & Berar E.S. College, Nagpur.
Who Should Opt For MBA Power Management?
Anyone who is interested in power management can opt for this course. It is meant for the students who are looking for a career in power sector. This course is perfect for the aspirants who see their future developing and designing innovative techniques and methods for power industry. The ones with a fondness for contributing towards power sector can also apply for this course and put themselves in a position where they can make a difference. The students who are able to make decisions, can work collaboratively in teams, have an eye for detail and possess analytical abilities are tailor made for this course. A knack for solid state power converters, electric drives and associated control system is exactly what this course looks for in a candidate. The candidates with engineering background who dream to move to key positions in top companies in future should apply for this course.
Where to Study?
The top colleges offering MBA Power Management are:
- National Power Training Institute, Faridabad
- Datta Meghe Institute of Management Studies, Nagpur
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- C.P. & Berar E.S. College, Nagpur
Academic Options after This Course
After completion of this course, the students can study further to enhance their qualification. If the student holds an interest in research then they may pursue Ph. D. in power management from University of Petroleum and Energy Studies.
Eligibility Of the Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Power Management)
For being eligible for this course, candidate must have a recognized undergraduate degree in from a recognized university or equivalent with a recommended score of 45%.
The preferred mode to take admission in MBA Power Management is entrance exam. The scores of entrance tests like CAT, CMAT, MAT, XAT, and UPESMET are accepted.
Most of the institutions have entrance exams as admission mode. Hence, the students who have appeared in final year examination of under-graduation and await the result are allowed to apply for the course by such institutions.
How to Get Admission in Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Power Management)
The route to this course is through entrance exam. The entrance tests for this course are CAT, CMAT, MAT and UPESMET. The universities accept the scores of these tests for selection of candidates. A merit list is prepared on the basis of scores in aforementioned tests. After that, a group discussion or personal interview may be conducted by some universities. Finally, a counseling procedure undergoes to make final selection of candidates for admissions.
The top entrance exams for MBA Power Management are:
- UPESMET: Held by UPES, UPESMET is an entrance test to take admission for MBA program at UPES. This test asks questions from Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Section, General Awareness and General English.
- CAT: Conducted by IIMs, CAT is a national level entrance examination held in November. Its syllabus covers Quantitative Section, Verbal Section, Analytical Section and Data Interpretation Section.
- CMAT: This computer-based entrance examination is held at national level every year in January. This test covers questions from General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Technique and Language Comprehension. The scores of this test are accepted by all AICTE approved institutions and universities.
- MAT: It is a national level management entrance test. Its syllabus covers Language Comprehension, Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills, and Indian and Global Environment.
Latest Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Power Management) Admission Alert
- JNU MA, M.Sc, MCA & MBA Admission 2019: Courses, Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam
- Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Telangana University (TU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Jamia Millia Islamia PG Admissions 2019: Course, Fees, Result, Login, Entrance Exams
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
Every institute follows a selection process of its own. All of them accept scores of entrance tests like CAT, CMAT and MAT. UPES conducts its own test in UPESMET but also accept the scores of aforementioned tests.
Some universities proceed with the students who qualify the entrance exams and move them to next filtering stage that is a personal interview or group discussion round.
Further, some of the universities may undertake a comprehensive counseling procedure for final selection for admission to MBA Power Management.