M.Tech. in Construction Technology is a postgraduate course in Civil Engineering. The course is essentially about:
- estimating, scheduling, contracting, and project management.
- risk analysis, decision-making, computer applications in construction, sustainability and green construction, quality management, and Six-Sigma.
- basics of construction technology including project scheduling, estimation, and control.
- legal and developmental aspects of the design process.
- quality maintenance in residential projects.
The minimum eligibility for pursuing the course is the successful completion of B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent qualification, with a minimum aggregate score of 50% or equivalent CGPA.
Such postgraduates are hired in capacities such as:
- Formwork Technology Manager
- Construction Manager
- Assistant Professor
- Technology Specialist
- Business Development Executive
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager, etc.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 5000 and 2 Lacs for a span of 2 years.
Civil Engineers employed in government departments earn an initial salary ranging between INR 15,000 and 20,000 while in the private sector, it ranges between INR 30,000 and 50,000, increasing with experience and skillset.
Top Colleges for Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Construction Technology)
- ME/M.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- ME/M.Tech in Maharashtra
- ME/M.Tech in Chennai
- ME/M.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- ME/M.Tech in Telangana
M.Tech. in Construction Technology: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Yearly|
|Eligibility||B.E./ B.Tech. in a relevant discipline|
|Admission Process||Based on performance in a relevant entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 to 2 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 15 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Marafiz Contracting, Emmar Properties, European Contracting, Black Cat Eng, Ralls Contracting, Sedrat Al Khaleej, Contromet, Silver Falkon, MedGulfPunj White Young, Lloyds Ltd, PCC, Al Jadeed, Shapoorji and Pallonji, Double Crown, Unicon Development Constructions, Specialized Contracting, PAC Constructions, etc.|
|Recruiting Companies Areas||Colleges & Universities, L&T, Highways & Roads, Airports, Bridges, Hydro Electric Dams & Tunnels, Structural Engineering, Quality Systems, R&D (related to construction, and such.|
|Job Positions||Professor, Formwork Technology Manager, Construction Manager, Assistant Professor, Technology Specialist, Business Development Executive, Project Manager, Construction Manager, and suchlike.|
M. Tech. in Construction Technology: What is it About?
Students enrolled to the course are imparted:
skills like decision-making, strategizing, fulfilling production, satisfying creation, business, innovation, and technological demands.
- advanced lessons in:
- management science
- project management
- decision and risk-analysis
- information technology
- lean manufacturing
- supply chain management, and other such functional areas of management.
- practical experience in real world projects.
- management expertise for operrating in a business environment.
- techniques, skills, and modern tools in construction management.
- effective learning in the industry, to identify, formulate, solve, and evaluate construction management problems.
- skills like planning and managing people, systems and resources.
- skills in designing and developing construction management solutions.
- training in realistic, economic, sustainable, social, ethical, and safe construction.
Top Institutes offering M. Tech. in Construction Technology
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name Of Institute||City|| Average Fees|
|Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology||Nagpur||INR 1,63,000|
|University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering||Bangalore||INR 24,390|
|Samrat Ashok Technological Institute||Vidisha||INR 1,23,000|
|Sardar Patel College of Engineering||Mumbai||INR 88,148|
|K L University||Guntur||INR 1,18,000|
|Lords Institute of Engineering and Technology||Hyderabad||INR 57,000|
|Manav Rachna International University, Faculty of Engineering and Technology||Faridabad||INR 1,01,000|
|Shri Sant Gadge Baba College of Engineering and Technology||Ahmed Nagar||INR 72,390|
|Babulal Tarabai Institute of Research and Technology||Sagar||INR 65,000|
|Bhivarabai Sawant College of Engineering & Research||Pune||INR 55,120|
|Daripally Anantha Ramulu College of Engineering & Technology||Khammam||INR 57,000|
|Sagar Institute of Science, Technology and Research||Bhopal||INR 1,45,000|
|Tatyasaheb Kore Institute of Engineering and Technology||Kolhapur||INR 88,440|
|IPS College of Technology and Management||Gwalior||INR 60,000|
|Integral University||Lucknow||INR 80,000|
|MIT Art, Design and Technology University||Pune||INR 1,90,000|
|Sharda University||Greater Noida||INR 1,41,000|
|Manav Rachna International University||Faridabad||INR 1,01,000|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University||Jaipur||INR 98,775|
|Pacific University||Udaipur||INR 70,000|
Eligibility for M. Tech. in Construction Technology
Candidates aspiring for admission to the course are required to fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria.
- Graduation (Bachelor of Engineering/ B.Tech. in Building and Construction Engineering/ Civil Engineering) or another such equivalent course in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the level of graduation.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply for the course on provisional basis.
|Master of Technology in Madhya Pradesh||Master of Technology in Karnataka||Master of Technology in Kerala||Master of Technology in Punjab|
M. Tech. in Construction Technology: Admission Process
Some colleges also offer admission on the basis of obtained merit at the level of graduation. However, generally, in most of the colleges and institutes offering the course, admission is provided based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance test, conducted at any of State and national levels, followed by a subsequent round of counselling.
The round of counselling involves two additional rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview, wherein candidate’s general aptitude for the course is examined. A merit list is subsequently released issued by the institute allocating available seats to the qualifying candidates.
Admission to the IITs is based on the candidate’s performance in the national-level online-based GATE.
The Vellore Institute of Technology admits students on the basis of performance in VIT Master’s Entrance Examination (VITMEE) conducted by the institute.
Some of the other popular such examinations held in thed country for admission to the course are:
- (AIEEE) All India Engineering Entrance Exams
- Avinashilingam University for Women M.Tech. Entrance Examination
- BEEE – M.Tech. Entrance Exam
- BITSAT Entrance Exam
- BSAUEEE M.Tech. Entrance Examination
- Calicut University M.Tech. Entrance Exam
- Da IICT Entrance Exam
- (DCRUST) Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science And Technology M.Tech. Entrance Exam
- DAIICT Entrance Exam
- Gat Entrance Test
- Gate M.Tech. Entrance Exam
- GGSIPU Engineering CET Entrance Exam
- IIIT- M.Tech. Entrance Exam
- IIT, Banaras Hindu University
- IIT, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- (IIIT) Bhubaneswar M.Tech. Entrance Exam
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
- KIIT Entrance Exam
- Kerala University M.Tech. Entrance Exam
- LNM IIT- M.Tech. Entrance Exam
- MIT Entrance Exam
- MNIT Entrance Exam
- NITTTRC - Master of Engineering Entrance Exam
- (NERIST) Entrance Examination
- (PGCET) Karnataka
- PTU CET
- (RIST) Meghalaya - M.Tech. Entrance Exam
- SRMEEE Entrance Examination
- UPES-SEAT Engineering Entrance Test
- VITEEE Engineering Entrance Exam
- VTUEEE Chennai All India Engineering Entrance Examination
Latest Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Construction Technology) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
M.Tech. in Construction Technology: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Construction Management and Equipment||Foundation Design and Construction|
|Concrete Construction Technology||Maintenance of Building Structures|
|Computational Techniques||Computer Aided Design|
|Building Planning and Design||Building Cost and Quality Management|
|Elective - 1 Options||Elective-II options|
|Environment Engineering & Management||Rural Construction Technology|
|Bridge Engineering||Pavement Design, Construction and Maintenance|
|Elective-IV||Advance Structural Design and Detailing|
|Seminar||Disaster Reduction and Management|
|-||Construction Costing and Financial Management|
M.Tech. in Construction Technology: Career Prospects
Such postgraduates are needed for a variety of job roles, such as:
- maintaining and repairing current offices and structures.
- developing new buildings.
- work in consultancy firms, quality testing labs, and road projects etc.
- research projects or consultancy services.
- teaching jobs in colleges and universities.
- railways projects, private construction firms, military.
- State/ central government engineering services.
- consultancy services.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful postgraduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Professor||Professors teach courses in their branch of knowledge. They work with candidates who are considering seeking a degree or are taking classes to enhance their knowledge or expertise,||9,13,657|
|Construction Managers||Construction Managers facilitate and administer a wide assortment of activities, including working a wide range of private, business, and modern structures, streets, spans, control plants, schools, and healing centers. They regulate particular contractual workers and other staff.||8,48,898|
|Technology Specialist||Technology Specialists apply specialized mastery to the execution, checking, or upkeep of IT frameworks. They normally concentrate on a particular PC system, database, or framework-related organizational work.||9,07,977|
|Business Development Executive||Business Development Executives are responsible for helping their organizations procure new clients and pitch extra items or administrations to existing ones.||5,09,122|
|Construction Project Managers||Construction Project Managers work in numerous regions of advancement and are in charge of managing a building venture all the way. Their job role includes employing workers and arranging contracts, and acquiring grants for a construction site.||9,72,883|