M.B.A. in Aviation Management is a 2-year full-time undergraduate graduate course divided into 4 semesters. The course focuses on the aviation sector and its many sub-divisions.
The program covers study in Aviation Business, fundamentals of General Management and additional specialization in International Business, Marketing and Finance. The candidates will do project assignment in supporting organizations and emphasise will be on the application of modern management concepts, management methods and tools on the challenges of aviation and general business etc. The program is a specialized study of:
- Designed innovatively to provide leadership skills and enable critical, creative and analytical thinking; it bestows a spirit of professional excellence.
- Curriculum conceived through extensive research, interaction and consultation with aircraft industries, aerospace R&D centres, airlines, airports and academic institutions.
- Curriculum covers all the aspects of aviation management and the pedagogy is supported by guest lectures, local and international case studies, field works and workshops by eminent faculty & professionals from aviation industry.
- Various aspects related to the ground handling, cargo, aviation safety & fleet management, regulatory management, fuelling management & other allied issues relevant to the aviation industry.
An aviation manager is an airport representative who supervises consistence with nearby, local, state, and government guidelines and controls, guaranteeing that an airport or its department run proficiently and securely while regulating the employing and management of airport or office staff.
Candidates in top management occupations like these can hope to extend work periods of time, because the aviation manager is in charge of the achievement or disappointment of the whole association. Night, end of the week and occasion shifts are a plausibility, since air terminals may serve incoming and outgoing flights during those times.
Some of the top colleges and institutes that offer the course in India are recorded here:
- Institute of Logistics & Aviation Management, Bangalore, Indira nagar, Bangalore
- Hindustan University, Kelambakkam, Chennai
- Aimfill International, Hyderabad
- Agragami Group of Educational Institutes, Yelahanaka, Bangalore
- Remo International College of Aviation, Velachery, Chennai
Some of the top entrance tests conducted for admission to the course in India are:
The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing the course is a graduation degree from a recognized university with not less than 50% of marks.
Admission to the course depends on the student's performance in an relevant entrance test, or merit acquired in the last qualifying exam.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 10,000 to 5,00,000 for a span of 2 years.
Successful graduates of the course can expect anything between INR 4 to 25,00,000 as annual salary in the industry, increasing with experience and skillset.
Top Colleges for Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Aviation Management)
- Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Aviation Management) in Karnataka
- MBA/PGDM in Delhi-NCR
- MBA/PGDM in Maharashtra
- MBA/PGDM in Chennai
- MBA/PGDM in Uttar Pradesh
- MBA/PGDM in Telangana
M.B.A. in Aviation Management: Course Highlights
Given below are some of the main highlights of the course.
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation with 50%|
|Admission Process||CAT, MAT, GMAT, KMAT|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||Indigo, Gulf Air, Qatar Airways, SpiceJet, Emirates, Jet Airways, Air India, Kuwait Airlines, Taj, ITC, Lemon Tree, Nvidia Corporation, Omni Aviation Services, Amazon Logistics Division etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||National and International Airports, Aerospace Regulatory Authorities, National and International Airlines, Aviation Fuel Companies, Air Cargo Operators, Allied Aviation Service Providers etc.|
|Top Job Profiles||Trainer, Aircraft Maintenance Manager, Customer Relationship Manager – Airlines, Grooming & Aviation Trainer, Aviation Ground Staff Trainer, Territory Manager - Corporate Sales, Aviation Operations Specialist, Security Supervisor/Assist. Manager, Assistant Marketing Manager etc.|
|Average Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 5,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 4 to 25,00,000|
M.B.A. in Aviation Management: What is it all About?
As an academic discipline, Aviation Management involves the management of aviation industries. It is a multidisciplinary management course, which draws from the sub-disciplines of aviation management including:
- History of aviation, major players in airlines industry, new airport development plans, current challenges in the airline industry, competition in airline industry.
- Airport planning, airport operations, airport authority of India.
- Various airport services, international air transport services, an overview of airport, the role of private operations, airport development fees, rates, tariffs.
- How to deliver a competitive product, Cargo trends and forecasts, Quality control in cargo operations, How to lower operating costs while improving service levels.
- E-opportunities: How to optimise the use of the internet and intranet within your organisation, Market niche positions within air cargo.
- Airport total quality management, Strategic business planning, Business process re-engineering, Master planning, Strategic marketing alliances, Corporate governance, Human resources, Corporate finance and change management.
- Public policy and transportation regulation, regulatory frameworks, ACI, ICAO, IATA relationships, Air cargo economics, The value chain concept, Deregulation and low cost carriers.
- Airline financial-reporting, Financial statement analysis, Airline cost of capital, Financial ratios and their value to measure performance.
- The threat to civil Aviation. Past, present and future, Security programmes, International and national security legislation, Access control.
- Introduction to international air law, Public international air law - International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and the Chicago Convention, Air carrier liability, Code share agreements.
A candidate with a MBA degree in aviation can seek to enter into Aerospace Aviation Fuel Companies, Regulatory Authorities, National and International Airlines, National and International Airports, Air Cargo Operators, Allied Aviation Service Providers etc.
Aviation managers are in charge for manages the operations of the aviation department. Guarantees compliance with FAA regulations and that all safety, maintenance, and scheduling operations are executed satisfactorily.
Other job duties for graduates of the discipline may involve:
- Manage the day-to-day operations with primary responsibility over scheduling/staffing, managing daily budgeted hours, and limiting overtime of the operation.
- Train and retrain all personnel in airline procedures and airport procedures, safety procedures as well as company policies.
- Create good employee relations; handle employee problems in an efficient and effective manner.
- Client Relations – effectively speak with senior airline management and task a positive picture in reacting to inquiries from aircrafts, staff and the public.
Also, such professionals can find jobs in the both the private and government aviation sector in the country. After passing the course, they have many aviation industry jobs as they can work as customer care executive, air ticketing professional, commercial pilot, operation executive, flight steward, aerospace engineer, aviation administrator, cargo manager.
Top Institutes offering M.B.A. in Aviation Managment
Given below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|NAME OF INSTITUTE||CITY||AVERAGE ANNUAL FEES|
|Jain University||Bangalore||INR 3,88,000|
|Hindustan Institute Of Technology And Science||Chennai||INR 2,13,000|
|Vels University||Chennai||INR 1,44,000|
|Munnar Catering College||Trivandrum||INR 40,250|
|Aj Aviation Academy||Bangalore||INR 55,750|
|Iikm Business School||Chennai||INR 1,18,000|
|Galgotias University||Greater Noida||INR 1,59,000|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University||Jaipur||INR 81,000|
|Bharath Post Graduate College||Chennai||INR 25,000|
|Agra College Of Management And Technology||Firozabad||INR 88,000|
|Hindustan Business School||Bangalore||INR 1,50,000|
|Christian College||Bangalore||INR 1,40,000|
Eligibility for M.B.A. in Aviation Management
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Graduation with minimum 50% marks in any discipline (preferably Economics or Commerce background with Mathematics) with minimum two years of experience in Aviation or related sector will be suitable for the M.B.A. (Aviation Management) program for Working Professionals.
|Top Air Travel Management Colleges In Tamil Nadu ||Top Air Travel Management Colleges In Karnataka||Top Air Travel Management Colleges In Maharashtra||Top Air Travel Management Colleges In Uttar Pradesh|
M.B.A. in Aviation Management: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test, often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested.
Admission process generally varies across colleges. For example:
- UPES – The aspirants can apply for admissions by taking the UPES online management entrance exam. Candidates having valid CMAT scores are also acceptable.
- International Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Management – An entrance exam would be conducted followed by a group discussion and then an interview. An experience in the aviation industry is an added preference.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
Listed below are some of the top entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
Latest Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Aviation Management) Admission Alert
- JNU MA, M.Sc, MCA & MBA Admission 2019: Courses, Application Form, Eligibility, Entrance Exam
- Lucknow University MBA Admission 2019
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Telangana University (TU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
- Jamia Millia Islamia PG Admissions 2019: Course, Fees, Result, Login, Entrance Exams
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
M.B.A. in Aviation Management: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester - wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated below.
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|Airline and Airport Management||Airline Operation and Scheduling|
|Data Analysis for Business Decisions||Airline Finance|
|Economic Analysis for Business Decisions||Aviation Law|
|Organisational Behaviour||Aviation Safety Management and Accident Investigations|
|Accounting for Management||Strategic Management|
|Airline Marketing Management||Total Quality Management|
|Human Resources Management||Research Methods in Business|
|Practical||Communication Skills and Business Correspondence|
|Business Application Software||Practical|
|SEMESTER III||Seminar I|
|International Business Management||SEMESTER IV|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Project Work|
|Electives I, II, III, IV, V & VI||List of Electives|
|Practical||Aircraft Maintenance Management|
|Summer Project Work||Aircraft Rules and Regulation C.A.R. I and II|
|Seminar II||Airline Economics|
|-||Airline Advertising and Sales Promotion|
|-||Customer Relationship Management|
|-||Insurance and Risk Management|
|-||Cross Cultural Management|
|-||Supply Chain Management|
M.B.A. in Aviation Management: Career Prospects
A career in aviation management offers opportunities to travel meet new people & gain new experiences in all parts of the world. M.B.A. (Aviation Management) provides a unique opportunity for the working professionals to expand their domain knowledge and add value to their educational qualification and job profile. Popular recruiters include Jet airways, ANI, GMR, ATT, Indian Spinal injuries center, JCB, Thomas Cook, The Oberoi, Air India, Air Canada, Indigo Airlines, GoAir, Air Costa, Jetlite and many others.
Such profesionals with a management degree in aviation can expect to enter into Aerospace Regulatory Authorities, National and International Airports, National and International Airlines, Air Cargo Operators, Aviation Fuel Companies, Allied Aviation Service Providers etc.
Some of the top professional jobs open to such graduates are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|JOB POSITION||JOB DESCRIPTION||AVERAGE ANNUAL SALARY|
|Aircraft maintenance Manager||Deals with the service, repair, and general maintenance of aircraft and aircraft engines to check aircrafts are completely safe for flight and consistent with FAA regulations.||INR 7,74,830|
|Airport Manager||The manager is in charge of the every working operation in the Airlines. The manager needs to take care of every last operation whether they are going in a right way or not.||INR 7,09,859|
|Air Traffic Controllers||This position has the key role in the entire airport. This positions individuals ought to be making the timetables of flights up and down. They will be giving the signs for the arrival and taking off.||INR 7,44,794|