B.Voc. in Software Development is a three-year Undergraduate (UG) program that aims at imparting practical and industry relevant skill in the domain of computer science and software development. The minimum eligibility criterion which most of the institutes ask for is a score of at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) at 10+2 or equivalent level.
Some of the popular institutes/universities that offer the course in India are listed below:
- Guru Nanak Dev Institute of Technology
- St. Xavier’s College
- DAV College for Girls
- JSS College for Women
- Carmel College
The average tuition fee charged for the course in Indian colleges/University ranges between INR 12,000 to 2.15 Lacs and depends upon the nature of college/institute (that is government, state/private/deemed) as well as its location.
B.Voc. course admission involves Entrance Test /Skill Test based selection method as well as merit-based selection criterion that is the percentage of marks obtained at 10+2 or equivalent level by the candidate. Colleges and Institute that provide admissions through ET/Skill Test mechanism rely on the score of University Level common entrance exams or go for a separate entrance exam of their own.
The course is a skill-oriented and practical based program that aims at imparting practical skills to the students along with theoretical clarity in the subject. The focus is more on imparting and emphasizing hands-on practical expertise rather than going for more inclination towards theoretical aspects.
Colleges/Institutes conducting entrance exam for the purpose of admission also give due consideration to class 12th /Diploma marks and performance in the entrance exam while considering the applications for admissions. Candidates completing the course successfully can expect job offers ranging from INR 14,000 to 18,000 per month. The annual salary goes beyond this average bracket with enhancement in the skill set and experience of the candidate.
Top Colleges for Bachelor of Vocational Studies [B.Voc.] (Software Development)
- Bachelor of Vocational Studies [B.Voc.] (Software Development) in Maharashtra
- Bachelors in Vocational Courses in Delhi-NCR
- Bachelors in Vocational Courses in Maharashtra
- Bachelors in Vocational Courses in Chennai
- Bachelors in Vocational Courses in Uttar Pradesh
- Bachelors in Vocational Courses in Telangana
B.Voc. in Software Development: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||3 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 55% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at 10+2 or equivalent level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 12, 000 to 2.15 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 14000 to 18000|
|Top Recruiting areas||Application development, User Interface development, Software coding, Software testing, Software analysis.|
|Job Positions||Application developer, Graphic designer, Website developer, Software tester, Coder, Algorithm designer, UI designer etc.|
B.Voc. in Software Development: What is it about?
Vocational studies as per their nature and course curriculum are seen focused towards discussing the practical and application based side of any subject. These applications are disused in context of their industrial significance and use. Thus, the domain of vocational studies exposes the student to industrial working well before their entry into the job market.
Vocationally qualified candidate is an easy absorb in the job market as he/she is already seen aware of the functioning and techniques in practical and industrial level. Hence, the employability prospects are boosted several times as compared to a traditional bachelor’s graduate.
B.Voc. in Software Development course implements the inherent practical nature of B.Voc. course in the domain of software and computer science. The course is aimed at providing domain-specific skills and knowledge to the students through the practical approach and academic discussions. The course is structured in a manner so as to access and develop academic base through semester-wise theoretical examination while developing the practical skills through lab modules, experiments, and research.
B.Voc. in Software Development: Top Institutes
Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Software Development is offered as a bachelor’s level course by a good number of colleges and universities across the country to candidates who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent level examination from a recognized state or central board.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Institute||City||Average Fee (Per annum basis)|
|Aggarwal College||Faridabad||INR 17,700|
|Guru Nanak Dev Institute of Technology||Delhi||INR 10,689|
|St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai||INR 6,667|
|Prof. Ramkrishna More College of Arts, Commerce and Science||Pune||INR 8,700|
|PUB Kamrup College||Kamrup||INR 19,755|
|CP Patel and FH Shah Commerce College||Anand||INR 14,052|
|Tolani Commerce College||Adipurkachchh||INR 15,710|
|DAV College for Girls||Yamuna Nagar||INR 12,440|
|JSS College for Women||Mysore||INR 16,950|
|Carmel College||Mala||INR 43,233|
B.Voc. in Software Development: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination (Diploma) with at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks at 10+2 or equivalent level from a recognized state or central board
- He/She shall not be having any Supplementary or Compartment in any of the subject/subjects at 10+2 or equivalent level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission.
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Institutes offering admissions through Entrance Test go for scores of university-level exams. To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common to most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
B.Voc. in Software Development: Admission Process
Admissions to the course are done through common entrance test based admission process (as seen across various Universities and colleges in the country) as well as merit-based selection process (as seen in a good number of institutes/colleges).
- Majority of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission into B.Voc. courses or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam. Hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective university or college.
- After completion of all the process, final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering this course.
Latest Bachelor of Vocational Studies [B.Voc.] (Software Development) Admission Alert
- Annamalai University BE & B.Voc. Admission 2019
- BAMUA UG Admission 2019
- Magadh University UG Admission 2019
- NEET 2020 Exam Dates, Application Form, Syllabus and Cut Off
- JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus and Cut Off
- RRB Recruitment 2019- Apply for Various Post in Railways
B.Voc. in Software Development: Syllabus and Course description
The syllabus of the course is divided into 6 semesters spread over a span of three years End Semester Exams being held after each semester. The syllabus of the course is divided into various practical modules and subjects that students are taught during the course of their under graduation. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to software development so, as to provide a holistic understanding of the subject to the undergraduate students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so, as to provide a reference to the candidates.
|Year I||Year II||Year III|
|Speaking and Listening Skills||Business statics||Introduction to IT security|
|Aptitude and Logical reasoning||System analysis and design||Principles of management|
|Managerial Economics||Management Information Systems||Programming in Java|
|Introduction to IT||Hardware maintenance||Java Lab|
|Programming Principles||Web development lab||Mobile application development|
|Photoshop lab/Page maker lab||Mathematics 2||Database administration|
|Word processing/Image editing||Web application and development||Major Project|
B.Voc. in Software Development: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have interest in skill-based studies of any subject.
- Those who have studied computers at class 12th /Diploma level.
- Those who have a career as a software developer in mind.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
B.Voc. in Software Development: Career Prospects
Undergraduates (B.Voc.) in Software Development have plenty of options to choose from in terms of their career. One can choose to work as an Application developer, Graphic designer, Website developer, Software tester, Coder, Algorithm designer, UI designer etc.
To provide you a holistic view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where B.Voc. undergraduates can look for in terms of their career.
|Area/Domain||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Website developer||The job involves design structuring and creation of web pages to be displayed on the website.||INR 2.28-2.53Lacs|
|Software Tester||The job involves testing of software, UI, and applications to detect any bug or glitch in it and removing it accordingly.||INR 1.69-2.15 Lacs|
|UI Designer||The job involves creating, developing and maintaining user interface based software for ATMs, Ticket counters etc.||INR 2.34-2.66 Lacs|
|Application developer||The job involves development and coding in regards to user-friendly apps for portable devices like mobiles and tablets.||INR 2.42-2.85 Lacs|
|Graphic designer||A graphic designer is involved in the creation of multidimensional designs and graphics for websites, apps, promotion etc.||INR 2.22-2.45 Lacs|