M.Tech. (Digital Electronics and Communication) is a 2 year Post Graduate course in the domain of Electronics and communication engineering with specialization in Digital electronics and communication-related aspects. A minimum of 50% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks at UG level is the least which almost all the institutes desire from applying candidates as an eligibility criterion.
Some of the popular colleges offering the course are:
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology
- BMS College of Engineering
- Government Engineering College Ajmer
- Institute of Engineering Technology
The fee for the course varies between INR 57,000 to 3, 85,000 in India. The variation in fee is based on the location and nature of university (that is government, state/private/deemed etc.).
M.Tech in Digital electronics and communication admissions are based on Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method as well as merit-based selection criteria that is the percentage of marks obtained at Under Graduate (UG) level by the aspiring candidate.
Majority of the colleges and universities that are offering admissions to the course through CET mechanism rely on the score of All India level common entrance exams like GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering), UPSEE, AUCET while some of them opt for a separate entrance exam of their own (Like BITS HD, UPES, LPUNEST etc).
The course is structured and organized in a manner so, as to accord domain-specific skills and knowledge to the masters of technology students. This is done to equip them with a holistic knowledge of the subject that will enable them to take on the day to day challenges that would come in the persecution of their skill.
M.Tech in Digital electronics and communication postgraduates have a wide range of job opportunities like Service engineer, Field test engineer, Network planning engineer, Software analyst, Technical consultant etc. After completion of post graduation, one may pursue further studies like M.Phil and Ph.D. in the said subject or may take up job opportunities associated. The average salary ranges between INR 18,000 and 22,000 a month for a fresh pass out.
Top Colleges for Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Digital Electronics & Communication)
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Digital Electronics & Communication) in Karnataka
- ME/M.Tech in Delhi-NCR
- ME/M.Tech in Maharashtra
- ME/M.Tech in Chennai
- ME/M.Tech in Uttar Pradesh
- ME/M.Tech in Telangana
M.Tech. (Digital Electronics and Communication): Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration of the Course||2 years|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 50% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG level.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 57,000 to 3.85 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 18,000 to 22,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Samsung, Syntel, LG, Electronics Corporation of India Limited, Wipro, Cisco, Toshiba|
|Job Position||Service engineer, Field test engineer, Network planning engineer, Software analyst, Technical consultant etc|
M.Tech. (Digital Electronics and Communication): What is it about?
The modern day world is packed with electronics and communication devices that work on the principles of digital electronics. The influence of digital technology can be seen from the fact that the modern day society is termed as digitized one.
With increasing digitization, there is an ever-increasing need for the workforce in production, maintenance, and design of such digital and communication devices and equipment. To make up for this demand of workforce technically qualified and skilled candidates are needed.
M.Tech. course in digital electronics and communication taps that need of industry by transforming postgraduate students of technology into an efficient and effective workforce that is capable of industry specific demands. The course aims to achieve this through its course design and structure.
M.Tech. (Digital Electronics and Communication): Top Institutes offering the course
M.Tech in Digital electronics and communication engineering is offered as a course by many reputed colleges/universities to candidates who have passed their UG or equivalent examination in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical and electronics engineering/Electronics and Instrumentation stream from a recognized state or central university.
For your reference, we have tabled down a list of various colleges/universities that are offering this course in India.
|Institute||City||Average Fee Per annum basis|
|Ambedkar Institute of Technology||Delhi||INR 64,390|
|Barkatullah University||Bhopal||INR 51,200|
|BMS College of Engineering||Bangalore||INR 64,390|
|CMR Institute of Technology||Bangalore||INR 64,500|
|Dr. CV Raman University||Bilaspur||INR 60,750|
|Government Engineering College Ajmer||Ajmer||INR 35,600|
|IIITM||Morena||INR 65, 200|
|Institute of Engineering Technology||Alwar||INR 62,000|
M.Tech. (Digital Electronics and Communication): Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the B.E/B.Tech or equivalent examination in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical and electronics engineering/Electronics and Instrumentation stream from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University with at least 50% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) of the marks.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the Subject/Subjects at B.E/B.Tech level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission (like work experience of certain years).
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
- Most of the Institute give admissions through Common Entrance Test (CET) (like GATE, UPSEE). To get admissions in these institutes candidates would have to qualify the respective entrance exam by securing minimum qualifying marks.
The eligibility criteria’s mentioned above are common for most of the universities and colleges across the country that are offering this course to the students.
M.Tech. (Digital Electronics and Communication): Admission Process
Most of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test for admission to M.Tech courses (like SRM, BITS HD) or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like GATE, AUCET entrance. Hence students would have to make an application for such exams.
- Students have to qualify these exams (for which they should be eligible to appear) in order to get admission in the course.
- After the conduct of the test, a merit list of finally qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are invited for admission process by the respective university or college.
- After admission process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Admission process would more or less be same across all the colleges and universities that are offering this course.
Latest Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Digital Electronics & Communication) Admission Alert
- Jamia Millia Islamia M.Tech., M.B.A., and M.C.A. Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University MVSc And M.Tech Admission 2019
- Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) M.Tech Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning (SSSIHL) M.Tech. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Fees
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University (SKU ) PG Admissions 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Results
- Osmania University (OU) PG Admission 2019: Courses, Time Table, Results
M.Tech. (Digital Electronics and Communication): Syllabus and Course description
The syllabus of the course is divided into four semesters spread over a span of two years. The syllabus of the course is divided into various subjects and practical skills that students are taught during the course of their Master’s. The syllabus covers all the aspects related to digital electronics and communication so, as to provide a holistic understanding of the subject to the master’s level students.
The details regarding the syllabus of the course are mentioned below so as to provide a reference to the candidates.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Antenna Theory Design||Linear algebra|
|Advanced Digital Communications||Modern Digital signal processing|
|Probability and Random process||Advanced embedded system|
|Digital circuits and logic design||Advanced Computer Architecture|
|Elective 1||Elective 2|
|Seminar||CMOS VLSI Design|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Error Control Coding||Cryptography and Network security|
|Nanoelectronics||Final year project|
|Wireless and Mobile networks||RF and Microwave Circuit Design|
M.Tech. (Digital Electronics and Communication): Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have a background in Electronics and Communication Engineering/Electrical and electronics engineering/Electronics and Instrumentation engineering.
- Those who have a career in the domain of circuit design in Mind.
- Those who are aiming at networking related jobs.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
M.Tech. (Digital Electronics and Communication): Career Prospects
M.Tech in Digital Electronics and Communication engineering postgraduate has plenty of options to choose from in terms of his/her career. One can choose to work with companies such as Samsung, Syntel, LG, Electronics Corporation of India Limited, Wipro, Cisco, Toshiba etc.
To provide you a complete view of the career prospects of the course we have tabled certain areas and the respective roles attached to the same where digital electronics and communication engineering postgraduates can look for in terms of their career.
|Job Profile||Role||Average Salary for Fresher’s|
|Service Engineer||Service engineer’s job involves repair can recalibration of various electronic device and equipment bought at the company’s service desk.||INR 2.75-3.40 Lacs|
|Field Test engineer||The job involves testing and processing of electronics and communication instruments that are located on specific installations and are critical for the flow of information and communication through the channel.||INR 2.60-3.05 Lacs|
|Network Planning engineer||The job involves chalking out the network distribution plan for various communication channels.||INR 2.85 -3.23 Lacs|
|Software analyst||Software analysts are entrusted with the job of calibrating user interface and related software with digital and electronic equipment.||INR 2.75-3.35 Lacs|
|Technical consultant||Technical consultants are involved in the design, planning, and simulation of product, network, and devices.||INR 2.92-3.30 Lacs|